U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 03-19-2007, 10:10 PM
 
Location: Where the real happy cows reside!
4,281 posts, read 9,277,556 times
Reputation: 10414

Advertisements

To the original post: This is digusting. I am shocked and dismayed that anyone, and I mean anyone would act in this manner. It really doesn't show much respect for oneself or others. I don't care if these people are legal, illegal, American or not they are just plain wrong. When facilities are available like they are in the States, there is absolutely no need for this.

 
Old 03-19-2007, 10:20 PM
 
Location: Burlington, VT
483 posts, read 1,746,559 times
Reputation: 241
All kinds of people live like animals. I've seen behavior like this in mentally ill people , especially homeless mentally ill people.
 
Old 03-19-2007, 10:39 PM
 
Location: Where the real happy cows reside!
4,281 posts, read 9,277,556 times
Reputation: 10414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatless Wonder View Post
All kinds of people live like animals. I've seen behavior like this in mentally ill people , especially homeless mentally ill people.
There is a difference between someone who is mentally ill and the likes of people described in the original post. Mentally ill people should never be brought into the mix.
 
Old 03-20-2007, 08:50 AM
 
Location: Princeton, New Jersey
481 posts, read 807,889 times
Reputation: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Thus spake Amavel:
P.S. I, nor others, mentioned racism or racist remarks. You, my friend, brought that to the table.
I was not saying I thought it racist to talk about illegals and feces. I was saying that Alex W. was racist for thinking and believing it's ok and not racist to ascribe a small sect's actions (in this case Islamic terrorists) onto ALL Muslims. That's stereotyping, a form of racism.

I never mentioned illegals at all in my post except to say I don't like illegals being here so I don't know why you thought my post was aimed at them. I clearly quoted Alex W. so I don't know why you thought I was addressing anyone but him. Please do not misinterpret my post for your own means. Thank you.
 
Old 03-21-2007, 01:58 AM
 
11 posts, read 32,909 times
Reputation: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
I couldn't find this they had several with this website but, not about food. Could you see if there's another site? Thanks
I got around to doing some responses. (Please forgive if I do not time today to respond to all who addressed items my way.)

Wildberries, I just happened to re-read your post, (It was a puzzle to me the first time I read it, and I did not quite understand it, and guessed at its meaning), and I see now you wanted information on the criminal aliens handling our food. I could not find the exact article where I saw the stats a year ago about the numbers being something of 15% to 20%, and please forgive articles in its place below that say the same degree of meaning, if not more, that say criminal aliens in the food industry are prevalent:

"Undocumented immigrants are prevalent in the food-service industry, filling lower-paying, labor-intensive jobs such as bus boys, waiters, cooks, meat-cutters and food handlers.

Studies by the National Institutes of Health and articles in various medical journals point to higher rates of tuberculosis, malaria, blood disorders and other diseases in Mexican border regions and other Third World countries than in the U.S., where some of these diseases are rare or nonexistent.

Some cities in other states, including Massachusetts, have started cracking down on restaurants that hire illegals, citing not only violation of federal employment laws, but also public health protections.

Since illegal aliens are not screened as legal immigrants are, they can walk in with all manner of dangerous contagious diseases, including drug-resistant tuberculosis, which can cost up to $1 million to treat, Chagas, acute hepatitis B, chronic hepatitis C, and sexually transmitted diseases, said Scottsdale Congressman J.D. Hayworth, a Republican advocate of stricter border controls."

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/s...y6.html?page=1

"What is so systematically kept hidden is all the other stuff, like where your burger comes from, the way unions have been broken, and how they have so many illegal immigrants in these jobs."

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainme...800.xml&coll=2

Last edited by Alex W.; 03-21-2007 at 02:12 AM..
 
Old 03-21-2007, 02:33 AM
 
11 posts, read 32,909 times
Reputation: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex W. View Post
it is understood by rational people that a 100% performance for any group of people is almost never, if never, the case, so I just skip over accusations as Alexander59 since it's already understood.

Although, as we've almost all, if not all, acknowledged since 9-11, there are characteristics prevalent (existing more often than a cross-section of the average population) to certain groups, and to keep us from dying in the hands of terrorists, our government more highly screens the Muslims at our airports (since 9-11), rather than scrutinize as highly the latinos, the caucasians, etc. There are characteristics overall, and illegals have shown this behavor to be more prevalent among illegals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiru
I was saying that Alex W. was racist for thinking and believing it's ok and not racist to ascribe a small sect's actions (in this case Islamic terrorists) onto ALL Muslims.
Kiru, whoah there. We're all on the same side -- We do not want illegals in our country, regardless of race. The illegal latinos, the illegal blacks, the illegals asians, the illegal caucasians, etc., all have to go. (It's just the illegal latinos are more of an imminent issue because of their overwhelming numbers over the other groups of illegals, and their unapologetic and unabashed boldness in wanting rights of automatic amnesty whereas the other illegals have not brought such an unjust demand.)

Kiru, as to your accusation, it looks like it's just a simple case of misreading posts earlier in this thread (view the bolded words above)

(overall, denotes describing a group, not an indiividual)
 
Old 03-21-2007, 02:48 AM
rdw
 
20 posts, read 82,786 times
Reputation: 13
(Tet Tea, Good for you for making that distinction. "Mentally ill" is such a broad term. One mental illness is characterized by excessive hand washing, in fact, as you know, which is rather funny here.)
 
Old 03-21-2007, 05:22 AM
 
11 posts, read 32,909 times
Reputation: 25
(Somehow, my posting above got truncated when I submitted it. Please find the non-cryptic version below.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amavel View Post
There are obvious cultural differences among first world, second world, and third world countries, and that goes without saying. The problem with the majority of posts in this thread and in others is that most of the people committing these horrendous acts may very well be United States citizens, in which case the posters are no longer "warning about illegal immigration", but a sect of Americans. And I have a problem with that.

Just because someone may be poorly dressed, drive an older vehicle, and not speak English, does not mean they're an illegal alien. It's not alright to stereotype them as such, let alone demean their culture or lifestyle
I'm shocked! I could not believe what Amavel wrote. Amavel says spreading feces around is ok, just as long as, just as along as, a latino is a U.S. citizen. This implies that, currently, a portion of U.S. latino citizens do this spreading of their feces around in U.S. cities (their culture?), and yes, indeed, Amavel accepts the practice.

Amavel, you live in a world of philosopy that is quite different, for you would knowingly accept someone doing these acts, (the descriptor of horrendous, as you acknowledged and described it as being horrendous), of spreading feces around, as long as they're a legal U.S. latino. It's disgusting re

Last edited by Alex W.; 03-21-2007 at 06:41 AM..
 
Old 03-21-2007, 08:30 AM
 
11 posts, read 32,909 times
Reputation: 25
(Somehow, my last two attempts became truncated when I submitted them, and so this is the third attempt of same submission. [Thank you, Yac, for deleting the submission that was unintentionally a double because it keeps getting truncating. The above submission by me can be deleted, as well, because again, somehow it got truncated.] Please find the non-cryptic version below.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amavel View Post
There are obvious cultural differences among first world, second world, and third world countries, and that goes without saying. The problem with the majority of posts in this thread and in others is that most of the people committing these horrendous acts may very well be United States citizens, in which case the posters are no longer "warning about illegal immigration", but a sect of Americans. And I have a problem with that.

Just because someone may be poorly dressed, drive an older vehicle, and not speak English, does not mean they're an illegal alien. It's not alright to stereotype them as such, let alone demean their culture or lifestyle
I'm shocked! I could not believe what Amavel wrote. Amavel says spreading feces around is ok, just as long as, just as along as, a latino is a U.S. citizen. This implies that, currently, a portion of U.S. latino citizens do this spreading of their feces around in U.S. cities (their culture?), and yes, indeed, Amavel accepts the practice.

Amavel, you live in a world of philosopy that is quite different, for you would knowingly accept someone doing these acts, (the descriptor of horrendous, as you acknowledged and described it as being horrendous), of spreading feces around, as long as they're a legal U.S. latino. It's disgusting regardless if they're a U.S. citizen. It seems your aberrant world view has to be taken into account with any words from your way that may exist in threads.

Please do not attempt to excuse your perspective away now, (you said it outrightly and even explained it some, as is relayed in the quote above), now that you hear two of us, tet tea and I, if not more, (posters, is it just tet tea and I that think being a U.S. citizen does not void that it's an unacceptable practice to spread feces around), now that you hear we are disgusted.

(As for the illegal latinos in cities such as San Diego, it does seem to be more prevalent among latino illegals, for where have we seen numbers large enough, numbers of people in quantity large enough to populate and fill up the canyons of San Diego, of living this way, living without working sewer, running water, trash pickup, electricity, feces spread around the canyons [the stink is overwhelming] along with the used toilet paper, bloody tampons, more filth. So if evidence serves a purpose, and it does, it does seem to be more prevalent among the group of illegal latinos since the numbers doing this in the group is large enough to fill canyons in San Diego [and elsewhere] as an entire populace in the canyons, whereas the number of people doing this in other groups, with most likelihood from what I gather, is much lower, if not perhaps many times attributed to those who had lasting head trauma [which is a totally different starting place and is not an equal comparison].)

Please forgive if I do not catch all typos in scribes.

By the way, greetings KewGee.

(As an addendum, from now on, I will skip posts accusing of assorted various things that most rational people, by virtue of breathing and living, have dismissed in their mind, for it is understood. For example, it is understood, it is almost never, if never, 100% compliance by a mass of people of a particular act. Accordingly, a portion of a group commiits the act, of course not the entire group. [Alexander59])
 
Old 03-21-2007, 08:53 AM
 
1,393 posts, read 869,473 times
Reputation: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex W. View Post
I got around to doing some responses. (Please forgive if I do not time today to respond to all who addressed items my way.)

Wildberries, I just happened to re-read your post, (It was a puzzle to me the first time I read it, and I did not quite understand it, and guessed at its meaning), and I see now you wanted information on the criminal aliens handling our food. I could not find the exact article where I saw the stats a year ago about the numbers being something of 15% to 20%, and please forgive articles in its place below that say the same degree of meaning, if not more, that say criminal aliens in the food industry are prevalent:

"Undocumented immigrants are prevalent in the food-service industry, filling lower-paying, labor-intensive jobs such as bus boys, waiters, cooks, meat-cutters and food handlers.

Studies by the National Institutes of Health and articles in various medical journals point to higher rates of tuberculosis, malaria, blood disorders and other diseases in Mexican border regions and other Third World countries than in the U.S., where some of these diseases are rare or nonexistent.

Some cities in other states, including Massachusetts, have started cracking down on restaurants that hire illegals, citing not only violation of federal employment laws, but also public health protections.

Since illegal aliens are not screened as legal immigrants are, they can walk in with all manner of dangerous contagious diseases, including drug-resistant tuberculosis, which can cost up to $1 million to treat, Chagas, acute hepatitis B, chronic hepatitis C, and sexually transmitted diseases, said Scottsdale Congressman J.D. Hayworth, a Republican advocate of stricter border controls."

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/s...y6.html?page=1

"What is so systematically kept hidden is all the other stuff, like where your burger comes from, the way unions have been broken, and how they have so many illegal immigrants in these jobs."

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainme...800.xml&coll=2
Alex, Thanks I did some research also, but I was just trying to open the website that you had provided and it won't come up. To think Arizona didn't vote Hayworth back in he was the best shot for Arizona and they blew it!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top