U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 06:56 PM

354 posts, read 761,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex W. View Post
(Somehow, my last two attempts became truncated when I submitted them, and so this is the third attempt of same submission. [Thank you, Yac, for deleting the submission that was unintentionally a double because it keeps getting truncating. The above submission by me can be deleted, as well, because again, somehow it got truncated.] Please find the non-cryptic version below.)

I'm shocked! I could not believe what Amavel wrote. Amavel says spreading feces around is ok, just as long as, just as along as, a latino is a U.S. citizen. This implies that, currently, a portion of U.S. latino citizens do this spreading of their feces around in U.S. cities (their culture?), and yes, indeed, Amavel accepts the practice.

Amavel, you live in a world of philosopy that is quite different, for you would knowingly accept someone doing these acts, (the descriptor of horrendous, as you acknowledged and described it as being horrendous), of spreading feces around, as long as they're a legal U.S. latino. It's disgusting regardless if they're a U.S. citizen. It seems your aberrant world view has to be taken into account with any words from your way that may exist in threads.

Please do not attempt to excuse your perspective away now, (you said it outrightly and even explained it some, as is relayed in the quote above), now that you hear two of us, tet tea and I, if not more, (posters, is it just tet tea and I that think being a U.S. citizen does not void that it's an unacceptable practice to spread feces around), now that you hear we are disgusted.

(As for the illegal latinos in cities such as San Diego, it does seem to be more prevalent among latino illegals, for where have we seen numbers large enough, numbers of people in quantity large enough to populate and fill up the canyons of San Diego, of living this way, living without working sewer, running water, trash pickup, electricity, feces spread around the canyons [the stink is overwhelming] along with the used toilet paper, bloody tampons, more filth. So if evidence serves a purpose, and it does, it does seem to be more prevalent among the group of illegal latinos since the numbers doing this in the group is large enough to fill canyons in San Diego [and elsewhere] as an entire populace in the canyons, whereas the number of people doing this in other groups, with most likelihood from what I gather, is much lower, if not perhaps many times attributed to those who had lasting head trauma [which is a totally different starting place and is not an equal comparison].)

Please forgive if I do not catch all typos in scribes.

By the way, greetings KewGee.

(As an addendum, from now on, I will skip posts accusing of assorted various things that most rational people, by virtue of breathing and living, have dismissed in their mind, for it is understood. For example, it is understood, it is almost never, if never, 100% compliance by a mass of people of a particular act. Accordingly, a portion of a group commiits the act, of course not the entire group. [Alexander59])
This is a thread on immigration, with illegal immigration being its main topic. Why would Latinos spreading feces in bathrooms have anything to do with the immigration sub-forum if you weren't stereotyping them as illegal aliens? My point exactly.

I'm not saying spreading feces in public spaces isn't to be stopped, I'm saying that the majority of anecdotes in this topic describe Latinos who may or may not be illegal aliens, and the basis for such a label is pretty much centered on suspect-at-best stereotypes.

Come back with a legitimate illegal immigration anecdote, and I'll give you a legitimate response.

Old 03-23-2007, 04:17 PM

1,393 posts, read 869,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedalus View Post
Had it twice.

First time, it was from a food stand on the Pt. Jeff/Bridgeport ferry. My girlfriend and I both got it, it was from knishes.

The second time was from some Moo Shu Pork I got from a Chinese restaurant that delivered to my apartment in San Fran. They're lucky I lost their take-out menu, because I wanted to go there and put a brick through their window.

It's where you get it. No assurance that food is good, even if it comes from an "official" restaurant that's inspected. Both of those places were.
This is exactly why I learned to cook,grow a garden and hunt !! I am not fond of eating out. Watched 20/20 one time on how workers don't wash their hands when leaving the bathroom!!! This was before immigration problems, so now it's going to get worse!!!!!

Old 03-23-2007, 06:02 PM

11,425 posts, read 16,659,834 times
I watched a guy on a taco truck cut his hand open while sharpening a knife, he continued to serve food while bleeding all over the place, no thank you.

Old 03-24-2007, 12:09 PM

9,362 posts, read 22,337,260 times
The women's fitting room in the Belk's department store at the Avenues Mall reeks of urine and I have been in two dressing rooms with what appeared to be feces smeared on the wall and a dirty diaper in one of them.

And I doubt that it is illegal latino's committing the cah cah crimes because Jacksonville's latino population is so low that the sheriff's office doesn't even maintain crime stats on them.

Guess it's not just latinos that are full of sh##.

Old 03-24-2007, 12:20 PM

9,324 posts, read 23,230,141 times
Well any city will be full of trash and smell like sewage and urine. Downtown Miami has diapers everywhere and there are often chickens running free. Yet in the past people lived in conditions where they took a dump in a bowl and threw it outside. If you want to see what illegals will do, just go to the country they came from. Whatever you see there is what we will get.

Old 03-24-2007, 02:12 PM

126 posts, read 514,576 times
Well, this is a bizarre comment. Interestingly enough, as you are trying to make a point...the only point you make is that while each culture has it's own subtleties and 'quirks', if you will, the culture that is invading our country illegaly is also the one that is turning it into a 3rd world country....just like the one they left! South America, Mexico, etc.
Blacks weraing braids, white people singing oddly and Asians having a 'peculiar' diet is NOT going to destroy MY country and damage my health!
Hello, why are defending people who are here, illegally and defiling our country...feces, urine, trash/filth, etc? Uggh. And yes it's true. I have lived my whole life in the SW US and now West coast, southern Cali. All that and more is true. True and disgusting.
I don't see the blacks, asians or whites performing these hideous acts.
It is disrespectful and ungrateful. And I don't care if you are legal or not, you cross the line of civilized people when you behave like this. Stay in your own country and keep your urine/filth/feces with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amavel View Post
I enjoy how accepted it is to post anti-Hispanic anecdotes in this sub-forum.

Now time for the Blacks. I hate that they all speak in slang, eat watermelon all day long, and wear their hair in braids. I mean, why would guys wear their hair in breads? Are they gay or something?

And how about the Whites. I hate that their children try to emulate minorities, or try to become rappers, when we all know they don't have rhythm and can't dance. And the Whites that spend their days sitting in lawn chairs, drinking Bud Lite, and fishing. Don't they have something better to do, like watch Jerry Springer?

The Asians are invading Southern California, because I drive through Little Saigon and Chinatown and the signs aren't in English! And they're taking our jobs, they don't bathe, and they insist on eating cats for breakfast.

Really, guys? Do any of the previous ancdotes about "dirty Mexicans" (were they Salvadoran? Maybe Colombian?) that "spread feces in public restrooms" and have "ten rowdy children" have much to do with illegal immigration? I suppose in the same way that all Muslims are extremist terrorists, all Hispanics are illegal Mexicans.

Old 03-24-2007, 02:19 PM

354 posts, read 761,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyHeart View Post
Well, this is a bizarre comment. Interestingly enough, as you are trying to make a point...the only point you make is that while each culture has it's own subtleties and 'quirks', if you will, the culture that is invading our country illegaly is also the one that is turning it into a 3rd world country....just like the one they left! South America, Mexico, etc.
Blacks weraing braids, white people singing oddly and Asians having a 'peculiar' diet is NOT going to destroy MY country and damage my health!
Hello, why are defending people who are here, illegally and defiling our country...feces, urine, trash/filth, etc? Uggh. And yes it's true. I have lived my whole life in the SW US and now West coast, southern Cali. All that and more is true. True and disgusting.
I don't see the blacks, asians or whites performing these hideous acts.
It is disrespectful and ungrateful. And I don't care if you are legal or not, you cross the line of civilized people when you behave like this. Stay in your own country and keep your urine/filth/feces with you!
If you care to reread my post, I wasn't defending these acts, as they are contrary to the unwritten laws of civilization. What I was defending were these people, who very well may be birthed U.S. citizens or legal immigrants, against the ills of stereotyping and bigotry.

It's not alright to employ stereotypes to marginalize a group of people. And no, you have no way of knowing if they are indeed illegal immigrants unless you specifically inquire such information, so don't give a response along the lines of, "well they speak Spanish" or "they looked illegal."

If perhaps these acts were being committed at the "Become a Legalized Citizen" country club, I might support the previous illegal immigrant ancedotes.

Old 03-24-2007, 02:28 PM

126 posts, read 514,576 times
Maybe you need to re-read my post. I state that I don't care if you are liegal or illegal. If these are the acts you are going to commit...get out!
And I have to tell you....yeah, I do know that, at least in my neighborhood, these people are illegal.
Ultimately, I don't care if they're legal or illegal. When I see (and I do, on a daily basis) mexicans/south americans, etc., urinating in public, passing feces in parking lots, going into stores/restraunts tossing dirty diapers on the foor/ground, etc and all the other disgusting things they do..... I do not care....legal or illegal....get out. Get out of MY country and take your trash with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amavel View Post
If you care to reread my post, I wasn't defending these acts, as they are contrary to the unwritten laws of civilization. What I was defending were these people, who very well may be birthed U.S. citizens or legal immigrants, against the ills of stereotyping and bigotry.

It's not alright to employ stereotypes to marginalize a group of people. And no, you have no way of knowing if they are indeed illegal immigrants unless you specifically inquire such information, so don't give a response along the lines of, "well they speak Spanish" or "they looked illegal."

If perhaps these acts were being committed at the "Become a Legalized Citizen" country club, I might support the previous illegal immigrant ancedotes.

Old 03-24-2007, 03:37 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Quote:
Homeowner cited for filthy living conditions
17 people living in home
Police were alerted about the house on Jan. 9 when a bondsman went to the residence to apprehend the owner and two other occupants on outstanding warrants.
Quote:
SPRINGDALE -- The front of the house at 1524 Pioneer St. looked fairly normal -- but when Springdale Police Sgt. Billy Turnbough went inside he wasn't prepared for what he stepped into.
This is true. What sights should greet his eyes but:

-an inch of standing water in the living room from backed up sewage in the bathroom
-clothes were piled high in a corner, the only furniture was a bunkbed
-the kithchen sink was stopped up and full of water
-they used a 50-gallon trash can for washing dishes and dumped the dirty water in the backyard
-a bathtub was filled with almost a foot of stagnant water
-two toilets were overflowing
-the house was littered with trash, moldy food and crumbs
-there was a horrible smell

Two families, consisting of seven adults and 10 children, ages 1 to 12, were living in the 1,016 square foot home. The house had a maximum capacity of 5 people, the size of the bedrooms allowed for one or two people according to housing code. The owner was Sergo Favela-Suarez.

Quote:
But the worse was yet to come.
Turnbough walked into the backyard and discovered large amounts of human feces, wads of used toilet paper and other trash between the privacy fence and a shed. Grease used for cooking had been dumped on the grass and waste.
"They had been going outside because the plumbing was backed up. There was a roll of toilet paper on the fence. The neighbors couldn't see anything because of the fencing. It was horrible. This is the worse case I've seen," Turnbough said.
Sergo Favela-Suarez, found in the trunk of a car in the garage.
, was arrested on a Washington County warrant for failure to appear and possession of a controlled substance.
Leonel Favela-Suarez, 28, was arrested on a Lincoln warrant for contempt of court and Jose Favela, 22, was arrested on Elm Springs and Springdale warrants for contempt of court.
Suarez was cited for over-occupancy, property maintenance, and unsightly or unsanitary conditions violations. The Springdale chief building inspector stated that they were not allowed to live there without a working sewer.
http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/2007/01/14/news/011207szbadconditions.txt (broken link)

You know something? The much-derided rednecks and hillbillies would at least have enough sense to dig a pit latrine. The outhouse with a half-moon carved in the door is light-years ahead of the sanitation practices noted here.

Old 03-26-2007, 07:12 AM

11 posts, read 32,909 times
Quote:
A couple of years ago a friend and I were going to buy a home together and share expenses. There was a 3 bedroom advertised as two bath home not all that far away. So we went to look at it. We should have gotten a clue from the realtor who made arrangements with the owner but declined to accompany us to the home tour.

The front yard was the household parking lot. Whatever wouldn't fit on the street was parked in the front yard and in the driveway. It looked like most of the cars wouldn't run, but as we were told, they all ran. The ones that didn't run at all were in the back yard.

There were three families living in the home. One family to a bedroom. The closets had the clothes hanging bars taken out and fitted with shelves padded for the small children to sleep on. The adults and bigger kids slept on a mattress on the floor, or just on a pile of clothing which was everywhere along with toys and personal items. Children were everywhere, just everywhere, crying, playing, watching one of two small televisions that they had.

The bathroom toilet didn't work because one of the children had stuffed something in there and it was plugged up. The bathtub was full of water soaking clothing as the women did the washing for the household in the bathtub. We were assured that the second bathroom was the one the whole household used. The second bathroom was a closet, probably a coat closet near the front door. It had a bucket in it that had a toilet seat sitting on top of it. It was half full and the man showing us around told us that it was emptied everyday. It was emptied in the backyard, where someone had dug a hole in the ground. Judging from the yard, several holes had already been filled in. More on the backyard later.

The family room and living room were bare of any furniture. Rolled up bedrolls and sleeping bags were stacked up along the walls labeled with the name of the owner. This is where the single men slept, the working men who would stand on street corners everyday looking for someone to pick them up for a day's work.

The kitchen stove didn't work. It was disconnected from the gas line and pulled away from the wall probably when someone looked at it and then never pushed it back. Cooking was done in the fireplaces in the living room and family room.

Exposed wiring and extension cords were everywhere. Evidently every so often someone would get a yen for home improvement and open a wall to do something then either disappeared, was arrested or deported so the projects were never finished.

Roaches were everywhere. The smell was overwhelming. Our eyes were watering.

The backyard was quite large as advertised. It was divided roughly down the middle. On the far left side a garden hose was rigged to the rain gutterspout and this is where the household bathed standing in the mud. Shielding the bathers were the clothes lines where the clothes washed in the bathtub were drying. There were a lot of clothes lines. Then there was the communal "pick-a-part" area where the carcasses of decomposing and cannibalized cars were kept.

The garage was where the cars were worked on and where the men hung out drinking beer. The stench of urine was unbearable. We really didn't go in the garage but noticed several extension cords snaking up a ladder to a loft area that someone built. I assume that more men had more bedrolls up in the loft.

We navigated the backyard with the help of our guide who showed us where to walk. A misstep and you'd step into one of the filled in holes that were soft and you could sink up to an ankle. The yard was advertised as having "fruit trees" which turned out to be a lone orange tree. The household was preparing for a bbq that weekend so a slaughtered goat was hanging from the tree by it's hind legs adding blood to the general miasma of stench. A few chickens scraped the ground who had a coop in he garage. The poor chickens vied with roaches and maggots for what grain was strewn around.

As we left we noticed filled plastic garbage bags dotting the roof. I asked what was up there. This is where the household stashed their aluminum cans to keep them from being stolen.

Our village guide begged us to buy the house. It was a rental. The owner had gotten tired of the complaints and citations and decided to sell it, letting the new owners rehab, tear down and evict those living there. The owner got $2,500 a month and the renter said he would pay $3,000 a month to the new owner if they could stay. There was well over 100 people in that 1200 sq ft home.

When we left, my friend and I went to target and got completely new clothing from underwear out and threw what we were wearing in the trash. No we didn't buy the home but someone did, tore it down and built condos there.
A compost toilet lies seemingly a minority among them.

Quote:
I've worked in plenty of dogshat encrusted back yards. I hate those.
Quote:
Not too long ago I moved here from Northern California. My fiancee and I looked at a variety of rental properties, but one will haunt me forever.

When we saw the listing, we were both thrilled. It was within minutes of both our places of employment, and very close to where I grew up as a child. When we made the right turn onto the street I was shocked.

The entire street was littered with cars, bars and gates on every home, trash in the street etc. That was only the beginning. When we reached the home we saw a bilingual note taped to the security screen that read "get key from across the street". We found that odd, but went across the street to find the neighbor. She didn't speak English, but knew why we were there. She led us to the house and unlocked it, motioning for us to return the key when we were done browsing. We should have hightailed it out of there, but morbid curiosity made us continue.

When we entered the house, we first noticed two things. The carpet which looked like it belonged in an auto-repair shop, and the furnace which was leaning away from the wall by at least two inches. I wanted to open the window since it was stifling inside, but when I went to crank the lever, it fell off in my hand and the window flew open.

The bathroom was next. The only window had been spray painted white, so no light could enter. The stains in the shower were nauseating and the toilet was making the strangest noise.

The bedroom was worse. The only thing separating the wall of the closet from the exterior of the house was a peice of warped drywall! The windows in there had also been spray-painted, and half of the carpet was missing exposing moldy rotting linoleum.

The kitchen floor was floored with the same buckled, molded linoleum. Half of the ceiling was falling down, and the spot where the stove had been was all exposed wires and plugs. The cabinet doors were missing and there were a few dirty dishes still on the shelves!

The backyard scene was where we almost lost it. The grass was about 2 feet tall, covered in sun-dried, white dog feces everywhere you stepped. The fence was almost non-existant. There was a pile of trash in the corner that made the dump look nice. An old mattress and box spring, broken glass, rusty skeletons of lawn chairs, an old bbq with no legs, among many rusty broken items we could not identify. There was an electrical outlet affixed to an oak tree?? which was draped across the power lines. And best of all, we had the distinct pleasure of being accompanied by roosters crowing in the background the entire time.

We left through the front door in a daze, and when I was locking up I heard a cute noise behind me. Through the security door of the next door neighbor I saw a cute baby about a year old. He uttered another cute coo and slapped his hand against the screen, laughing and smiling at us. We were smitten so we smiled and waved back. At that moment his mother came to the door, snatched him up as if he were a sack of laundry, glared at us, muttered some curse words in spanish, and slammed the door.

We returned the key and tore out of there, vowing never to step foot in my old neighborhood again. Two things bother me about this whole ordeal. One, my happy childhood memories have been replaced by utter filth. Two, how DARE a landlord even toy with the idea of renting this place to any human being?! I am tempted to report him to the health department.

I would go back with a camera as I am sure pics would be appreciated, but I drove by a few weeks later and saw three cars parked in front of the house so I guess someone actually had the nerve to reside in that broken down hovel.

I am still recovering from shock and anger, comments anyone?
http://saveourstate.org/vforums/show...d+neighborhood
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or