Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 09:11 AM

11 posts, read 37,275 times

Advertisements

Wildberries, perhaps it might be worthwhile to check if the url has been copied in its entirety, and press Refresh as many times as needed if the website is giving you a hard time.

I checked the url and was able to bring the website up just now, and so the url is correct. Here is another quote from the article from bringing up the website just now:

"The county agency also cracks down on unlicensed mobile food carts often operated in Latino neighborhoods by Hispanic entrepreneurs, some undocumented workers and some U.S. citizens, Ludwig said."

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/stories/2006/05/29/story6.html?page=1

(So glad I never bought anything from those small latino food carts.)

Old 03-21-2007, 10:31 AM

10,175 posts, read 11,158,716 times
Ewwww so gross. Words cannot even describe my thoughts. Ewww

Old 03-21-2007, 10:46 AM

860 posts, read 1,336,170 times
Quote:
Kiru, as to your accusation, it looks like it's just a simple case of misreading posts earlier in this thread (view the bolded words above)

(overall, denotes describing a group, not an indiividual)
And it's racist to say describe a group on the basis of a few individuals. I don't know how you think you have changed my mind. I have not misread anything. You are saying it's ok to fear and target Muslims because of a few terrorists who happen to be Islamic. That's RACIST!

Old 03-21-2007, 12:36 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,475,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex W. View Post
Please do not attempt to excuse your perspective away now, (you said it outrightly and even explained it some, as is relayed in the quote above), now that you hear two of us, tet tea and I, if not more, (posters, is it just tet tea and I that think being a U.S. citizen does not void that it's an unacceptable practice to spread feces around), now that you hear we are disgusted.
It is totally unacceptable to spread human waste on walls or anywhere else. This poses a significant threat to the health of the American public and should not be tolerated.

Old 03-21-2007, 12:42 PM

1,590 posts, read 1,667,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiru View Post
And it's racist to say describe a group on the basis of a few individuals. I don't know how you think you have changed my mind. I have not misread anything. You are saying it's ok to fear and target Muslims because of a few terrorists who happen to be Islamic. That's RACIST!
I cannot agree. It's not racist.

Boneheaded, narrow minded, and bigoted; yes. Racist, not necessarily.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:02 PM

Default Another thing.

These exact same stories used to go around about the Irish, my ancestors, 150 years ago.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:17 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,664,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedalus View Post
These exact same stories used to go around about the Irish, my ancestors, 150 years ago.
If they did, (which I dont believe), they had reason to, look how they were treated, the illegals today get treated VERY well by the USA.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex W. View Post
(So glad I never bought anything from those small latino food carts.)
Yet, it was Taco Bell that made people sick, eh?

I used to buy hot links, for years, from some Middle Eastern guy who had a cart at the Fremont CA BART station. I hope he's still there. One day, he had two health inspectors citing him because he had no running water. I bought my usual hot dog off the guy, and commented, a little less than respectfully, "what are you guys - the Hot Dog Squad?"

I'd way sooner trust a little entepreneur, whatever their ethnicity, than some big Corporation, run by yuppies. They got the feces between their ears.

Old 03-21-2007, 02:05 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,664,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedalus View Post
Yet, it was Taco Bell that made people sick, eh?

I used to buy hot links, for years, from some Middle Eastern guy who had a cart at the Fremont CA BART station. I hope he's still there. One day, he had two health inspectors citing him because he had no running water. I bought my usual hot dog off the guy, and commented, a little less than respectfully, "what are you guys - the Hot Dog Squad?"

I'd way sooner trust a little entepreneur, whatever their ethnicity, than some big Corporation, run by yuppies. They got the feces between their ears.
My husband bought a burrito from one of those latino food trucks at the jobsite, he got food poisoning so bad he had to go to the hospital for dehydration. It was fun!!!

Old 03-21-2007, 02:33 PM

Default Food Poisoning

Had it twice.

First time, it was from a food stand on the Pt. Jeff/Bridgeport ferry. My girlfriend and I both got it, it was from knishes.

The second time was from some Moo Shu Pork I got from a Chinese restaurant that delivered to my apartment in San Fran. They're lucky I lost their take-out menu, because I wanted to go there and put a brick through their window.

It's where you get it. No assurance that food is good, even if it comes from an "official" restaurant that's inspected. Both of those places were.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.