U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 01:33 AM

634 posts, read 2,555,277 times

Advertisements

I have a snubby .38 but it's an aluminum frame Colt Cobra, so +P will warp it. I'm afraid to carry it though because without a CCW it's surely grounds for arrest. With the knife, it's at least a tool and has a little more non-violent utility to it. Also, it's only 1.25" longer than the legal limit for fixed blades, so most cops will probably let it go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2007, 05:03 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,102,442 times
So sad...but very infomative info here...really opened my eyes alot the last two days too, I been sorta of ignorant how bad things really got here and how GB is screwing up America.

Old 04-07-2007, 10:49 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,874,628 times
James T, sorry that you are in L.A... Yes we can't be too careful on these mean streets, even watching out who we are doing simple business with... after they get your money they can make your life miserable.

Dir Drill 1, I agree to act like an everyday person....and not to even look at certain people or they may take it wrong (this for men not women).

Old 04-09-2007, 10:45 AM

They have "LEARNED" something, how to play the race card...

Old 04-12-2007, 11:39 PM

10 posts, read 24,205 times
Default The civil war is about to begin again!

This war will free us from the slavery of the business man and his illegal pawns! Get ready, it is coming!

Old 04-13-2007, 12:09 AM

606 posts, read 503,836 times
aren't you?

Old 04-13-2007, 12:28 AM

500 posts, read 2,671,600 times
So! People are loading up on guns and things to protect themselves from illegals... but if those brown-skinned dudes say the word "racist", we all get offended.

I don't know... I live in New York City and holy cow, do we have illegals here. But am I afraid of them? Are they going to attack me? Crime in NYC is committed mostly by everyone but illegals... whites, blacks, legal Hispanics... I'm not too concerned about the undocumented assaulting me, to be honest. Here, illegals toil away in the kitchens of restaurants, delivering pizzas and cleaning bathrooms...

Sure they're illegal and they're breaking the law. But I don't think I need to carry a gun next time a Mexican delivers my food just because he doesn't have a green card!

Old 04-13-2007, 07:42 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,708,999 times
Don't move to Mexico. Or if you do, always carry an extra clip.

Quote:
Mexican traffickers wage publicity war

By JULIE WATSON Associated Press Writer
2007 The Associated Press

MEXICO CITY Drug traffickers are waging a highly effective publicity campaign in Mexico that began with a chilling show of brutality in Acapulco: two police officers' heads, streaming with blood, were stuck on metal spikes outside a downtown building with a fluorescent cardboard sign. "So that you learn to respect," it read in thick black letters...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/world/4709596.html (broken link)
and the Chicago Tribune, Dallas Morning News, CNN, Town Hall, etc.

Last edited by Marka; 12-07-2007 at 01:24 PM..

Old 04-13-2007, 10:40 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,686,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan-ite View Post
So! People are loading up on guns and things to protect themselves from illegals... but if those brown-skinned dudes say the word "racist", we all get offended.

I don't know... I live in New York City and holy cow, do we have illegals here. But am I afraid of them? Are they going to attack me? Crime in NYC is committed mostly by everyone but illegals... whites, blacks, legal Hispanics... I'm not too concerned about the undocumented assaulting me, to be honest. Here, illegals toil away in the kitchens of restaurants, delivering pizzas and cleaning bathrooms...

Sure they're illegal and they're breaking the law. But I don't think I need to carry a gun next time a Mexican delivers my food just because he doesn't have a green card!
Yeah? Come to Compton, South Central L.A.or downtown after dark. There are an estimated 1,000 gangs in L.A. county with an estimated membership of over 88,000. Although they draw members from every ethnicity, illegal aliens from south of the border seem to be particularly drawn to the gang life in this area. Consequently, there has begun in Los Angeles country, an unprecedented amount of brown on black violence as the hispanic gangs fight for turf in the previously "black" neighborhoods of L.A. They have begun a concentrated attack on black Americans in an effort to drive them from the Los Angeles areas that they have now claimed as their own.

I don't think that the African American population of Los Angeles would agree with your assessment of the presence of illegal immigrants as rather banal and harmless.

http://www.csun.edu/~hcchs006/intro.html
Introduction

The desire to provide safe schools for the nation's youth is high on the list of priorities for every educator in the country. Yet in the last few years, law-enforcement and public schools everywhere have experienced a virtual epidemic of youth violence that is rapidly spreading from the inner cities to the suburbs.

Gang tumult has become a nationwide catastrophe not only in the country's large metropolitan centers, but in the small urban and rural areas as well (Kantrowitz l993:40-46).

Gang activity not only means unsightly graffiti, but accelerated crime and dropout rates, the deterioration of neighborhoods, parks, and playgrounds, and wasted human resources everywhere. Gangs are no longer just the problem of those who live in the crime ridden neighborhoods where the gangs thrive; they are now everyone's problem.

Los Angeles is regarded as the nation's gang violence capital. And an important first step toward solutions that work is understanding the forces that cause youths to join gangs.

The research conducted in this study focuses on Los Angeles and Ventura County's lower-socioeconomic neighborhoods, the typical Wilsonian "destructive environment" (Wilson 87).

Most of the literature reviewed here is limited to Latino gang members, male and female, and to non-gang affiliated youth from the same barrios. African-American and Asian gangs are undeniably prevalent in the same and near-by areas. However, the scope of any investigation must have parameters.

Additionally, Latino youths, whether first or fourth generation, are swayed in one way or another by a different culture, one that functions unlike the other two in its philosophy and general ties to family. Therefore, there are definite aspects of Hispanic street gangs that distinguish the members from their African-American and Asian counterparts. Curiously enough, this rings true even in the perpetration of their most grisly deeds.

All three engage in antisocial behavior--about that, there is certainly no doubt. However, gangs differ sub-culturally in their behavior. For example, homicides among Latino gangs are often near-ritual exhibitions of manhood according to Wes McBride of the L. A. Sheriff's Department. In contrast, Black gangs typically fight over drug trade transactions, pay-offs, unmet expectations and similar "business" disappointments. On the other hand, Asian gangs' bedrock crimes are extortion and home invasion (Mydan 1995: A12).

Old 04-15-2007, 08:08 AM

Default One reason why I am moving here...

into the Va. Mountains, I want to be safe from it all and its one of the safest places you can be, cause it will not get better, its all down here from here, esp after we invade Iran and we will too, then see just how bad things get, I for one, am prepared.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or