Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 04:18 PM

673 posts, read 4,068,684 times

Advertisements

I love how all these pro-immigrant politicians like to say that the mexicans come here to reduce a severe labor shrotage in certain sectors.

But what good is it if they have tons and tons of babies. Literally, I dont see the benefit of two typical low- wage mexican laborers have on the economy when alot of these mexican immigrants have 5 or 6 babies.

I dont have a problem with immigration if its for a temportary purpose for a labor shortage and its just one person and not for a huge family. The of k-12 public education is around 8,000 per student nationally, I wonder how much property taxes have to go up to pay for the size of the average mexican immigrants family.

Brownsville, Texas near the mexican border is a good example.
It has a per-capita income of 10,669
National the per-capita income is 25,035

The poverty rate in Brownsville is 43% compared to the national average of 13%

Wow, looks like immigration from Mexico really helps out the economy!

Last edited by MattDen; 03-18-2007 at 04:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2007, 04:37 PM

923 posts, read 3,512,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattDen View Post
I love how all these pro-immigrant politicians like to say that the mexicans come here to reduce a severe labor shrotage in certain sectors.

But what good is it if they have tons and tons of babies. Literally, I dont see the benefit of two minimum wage mexican workers have on the economy when alot of these mexican immigrants have 5 or 6 babies.

I dont have a problem with immigration if its for a temportary purpose for a labor shortage and its just one person and not for a huge family. The of k-12 public education is around 8,000 per student nationally, I wonder how much property taxes have to go up to pay for the size of the average mexican immigrants family.

Brownsville, Texas near the mexican border is a good example.
It has a per-capita income of 10,669
National the per-capita income is 25,035

Wow, looks like immigration from Mexico really helps out the economy!
Why do immigrant rights activists say mexican immigrants are good for the economy?

Because they are lieing and hope that people believe this BS...
It is "Propaganda" in the worst way...

Old 03-18-2007, 06:16 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,432,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLaSalle View Post
Why do immigrant rights activists say mexican immigrants are good for the economy?

Because they are lieing and hope that people believe this BS...
It is "Propaganda" in the worst way...
You hit the nail on the head. What else could they possibly use for an excuse for turning a blind eye to the illegals walking right across the borders and taking jobs that legal Americans WILL do if the wage would be liveable? The politicians who say this are only for the rich of the world who are able to exploit the illegals further and save $$ by being able to pay them so little. Of course we can't live on the few dollars they make because we have to be self sufficient and pay for our own medical care, life insurance, and we don't live 20 people to a household. They figure if they keep saying it long enough, the rest of us fools will actually believe them.

Old 03-19-2007, 11:16 AM

484 posts, read 1,944,064 times
But what good is it if they have tons and tons of babies. Literally, I dont see the benefit of two typical low- wage mexican laborers have on the economy when alot of these mexican immigrants have 5 or 6 babies.

Sometimes sex is the only recreation you can afford. Poor people tend to have large families, regardless of their immigration status. It wasn't long ago that Irish folks had large families. Quebec was a backwater until 30 years ago, and lots of them had large families. Celine Dion is one of 14 kids. Jean Chretien is the 18th of 19.

There are poorer places in the US, like Detroit, Mississippi, and most Indian Reservations.

Besides, are any US citizens dying to pick fruit for $8 an hour?

Old 03-20-2007, 08:58 AM

860 posts, read 1,336,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatless Wonder View Post

Sometimes sex is the only recreation you can afford. Poor people tend to have large families, regardless of their immigration status. It wasn't long ago that Irish folks had large families. Quebec was a backwater until 30 years ago, and lots of them had large families. Celine Dion is one of 14 kids. Jean Chretien is the 18th of 19.

There are poorer places in the US, like Detroit, Mississippi, and most Indian Reservations.

I'll do it. At this point in NJ it's impossible to find a job at department stores, grocers, etc. All you see are illegals working there. So yea, I'll go pick fruit. But I bet the ACLU would have my a** for "pushing out a poor 'migrant'". :-P

Old 03-24-2007, 11:02 AM

1,502 posts, read 4,082,901 times
Hatless Wonder, if banks could lower or stagnate the wages of their teller employees to a point where you could not live off of it, then you would start looking for another job, right? Who do you think would fill that job? Probably illegal aliens and the banks would say no other American would do it.

No one can do it for such a low wage. Believe me, American citizens used to work in factories and on farms, these were the back bone jobs of the blue collar worker. He could work and support his family....now the wages have been depressed and it is impossible to support yourself let alone a family. So dont act for a minute that illegals are doing us a favor.

I dont know what kind of job you have, but you would be pretty nervous about job security when you start to see your employer bringing in illegals to fill open positions or when your job is starting to be outsourced.

Old 03-24-2007, 11:05 AM

1,502 posts, read 4,082,901 times
Quote:

I have to read your post in disbelief. So its not the illegals fault for a large family, but its because they are bored with nothing else to do but make babies?? Yes, and we should be grateful, because these are more workers to fill the job my children wont do.

Old 03-24-2007, 11:54 AM

340 posts, read 744,824 times
Quote:

Send 'em packing... ILLEGAL..........

Old 03-24-2007, 10:16 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,494,099 times
Quote:

Because people have sex doesn't mean you have to have kids, there's a thing in the modern world known as *Birth Control*. I know a few people around my area would very much like to have a $8.00 an hour job right now.

Old 03-24-2007, 10:27 PM

923 posts, read 3,512,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
You hit the nail on the head. What else could they possibly use for an excuse for turning a blind eye to the illegals walking right across the borders and taking jobs that legal Americans WILL do if the wage would be liveable? The politicians who say this are only for the rich of the world who are able to exploit the illegals further and save $$ by being able to pay them so little. Of course we can't live on the few dollars they make because we have to be self sufficient and pay for our own medical care, life insurance, and we don't live 20 people to a household. They figure if they keep saying it long enough, the rest of us fools will actually believe them.
So true...This is a National Disgrase that the US will pay for dearly...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration