U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-21-2009, 05:50 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,904,513 times
Reputation: 1094

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
as mexico's economy continues to tank from the combination of loss of oil production in cantarell (where the oil will be completely drying up soon) the increasing drop in oil prices, less tourism, and less revenue being sent into mexico from the united states you can bet that there will be more drug action and more violence as an offshoot.
janet obviously is not a person who thinks ahead and was a poor choice for homeland security!
To say that she is a poor choice is too kind. Even for the OBL's, it's kind of hard to ignore the reality of the drug cartel violence that is spilling over our borders to a greater degree and on a daily basis when the MSM has begun reporting it in detail.

Quote:
Mexico: The Third War

February 18, 2009 | 1923 GM
By Fred Burton and Scott Stewart

Mexico has pretty much always been a rough-and-tumble place. In recent years, however, the security environment has deteriorated rapidly, and parts of the country have become incredibly violent. It is now common to see military weaponry such as fragmentation grenades and assault rifles used almost daily in attacks.

In fact, just last week we noted two separate strings of grenade attacks directed against police in Durango and Michoacan states. In the Michoacan incident, police in Uruapan and Lazaro Cardenas were targeted by three grenade attacks during a 12-hour period. Then on Feb. 17, a major firefight occurred just across the border from the United States in Reynosa, when Mexican authorities attempted to apprehend several armed men seen riding in a vehicle. The men fled to a nearby residence and engaged the pursuing police with gunfire, hand grenades and rocket-propelled grenades (RPGs). After the incident, in which five cartel gunmen were killed and several gunmen, cops, soldiers and civilians were wounded, authorities recovered a 60 mm mortar, five RPG rounds and two fragmentation grenades.


Mexico: The Third War | Stratfor

 
Old 02-21-2009, 06:36 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,650,644 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Why would they go after "gringos"()?
Unless they are involved with drug smuggling, which many "gringos" are. Mexico is only half the journey for Mexico.

If/when they start going after "gringos", I could not care less. I don't get involved with drug smuggling/distributing/ordering, so I don't have anything to be afraid of.


Hell to pay from who?
In one sentence: Mexico will be demolished by one enraged USA------------clear enough??

Remember something about us Americans: slow to anger but once enraged------------look out!
 
Old 02-21-2009, 10:54 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,826,194 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Well, either Janet is smoking crack or she is simply deaf, dumb, blind and crazy.
She has simply been bought. Eventually, they wonít be able to squelch accounts of the violence, because it wonít be restricted to the border, and the cartels wonít discriminate. Their gangs are in every major city, and there are no names assigned to bullets. Informants and innocent bystanders WILL be killed.

Itís time for military intervention. After all, these are foreign invaders. Sadly, too many corporate execs and government officials are profiting from the drug trade for any action to be taken. It will have to get REAL bad for our government to end this madness.
 
Old 02-21-2009, 11:01 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,904,513 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
She has simply been bought. Eventually, they wonít be able to squelch accounts of the violence, because it wonít be restricted to the border, and the cartels wonít discriminate. Their gangs are in every major city, and there are no names assigned to bullets. Informants and innocent bystanders WILL be killed.

Itís time for military intervention. After all, these are foreign invaders. Sadly, too many corporate execs and government officials are profiting from the drug trade for any action to be taken. It will have to get REAL bad for our government to end this madness.
While I agree that she has been bought and paid for, the fact that Arizona is now the kidnapping/identity theft capital of the US, how much evidence does she need to convince her? It is way past time for military intervention. A little common sense and a reality check would go a long way as well.
 
Old 02-21-2009, 11:02 AM
 
20,327 posts, read 37,840,000 times
Reputation: 18118
I'm surprised that it hasn't yet spilled into TX, NM, AZ, NV and CA. In some ways though, it has spread into most states from the viewpoint that much of the crime in the USA is drug-driven, and most drugs come from Mexico these days.

BIG piece in the Wall Street Journal today on drug violence in Mexico, with THOUSANDS killed there last year, many gruesomely.
- The Perilous State of Mexico
 
Old 02-21-2009, 11:37 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,650,644 times
Reputation: 3785
Weimar Republic: the history of Germany from 1919-33; I have a very strong feeling that Mexico will be traveling down that same disasterous road---------much to its sorrow.

WW I: Germany was embroiled in which cost it part of its territory=Mexican-American War 1848 which cost Mx some of its land

Weimar Republic: Germany prospered (on paper only) then the economic house of cards collapsed in 1933=Mexico has never accepted the fact it was soundly beaten hence never moved on as a modern nation.

WW II: Nazi Germany started it and had its ass handed to it on a silver platter; read that lost much more of its land, Germans forced out of Silesia, E Prussia, etc. and was forced to pay reparations=Mexico collapsing; attempting to invade the USA and be destroyed due to its foolishness.

Post war: Germany today is a solid First World nation with its social mores=what is left of Mexico; hopefully the same.

Translation: memo to Mexico; do not mess with the USA------------or else.
 
Old 02-21-2009, 11:40 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,904,513 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I'm surprised that it hasn't yet spilled into TX, NM, AZ, NV and CA. In some ways though, it has spread into most states from the viewpoint that much of the crime in the USA is drug-driven, and most drugs come from Mexico these days.

BIG piece in the Wall Street Journal today on drug violence in Mexico, with THOUSANDS killed there last year, many gruesomely.
- The Perilous State of Mexico
It's definitely a clear and present danger in those places that you have mentioned. Chicago and a few of its suburbs can be added to that list as well. The corporate masters and our government seems to think if they don't acknowledge it that the reality and the issue will simply disappear.
 
Old 02-21-2009, 12:48 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
1,636 posts, read 2,900,859 times
Reputation: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
In one sentence: Mexico will be demolished by one enraged USA------------clear enough??

Remember something about us Americans: slow to anger but once enraged------------look out!
You don't even answer my question on why they would do anything to gringos.
"us Americans", haha.

Yes, Mexico will be demolished by one "enraged" USA, lol. Don't be so self-centered...the entire USA doesn't think like you.

Most people aren't idiots wanting to destroy a country because of a criminal element within it.
 
Old 02-21-2009, 01:07 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,650,644 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
You don't even answer my question on why they would do anything to gringos.
"us Americans", haha.

Yes, Mexico will be demolished by one "enraged" USA, lol. Don't be so self-centered...the entire USA doesn't think like you.

Most people aren't idiots wanting to destroy a country because of a criminal element within it.
Re-read your post #8 then get back with me.

Better yet: let me spell it out for you; if the violence from SOB spreads northward, meaning that Mexico cannot or will not control its criminals----------then that nation will be done.

You claim to be 'American' as well; yet you evidently do not grasp the essence of our Anglo-Saxon based culture.
 
Old 02-21-2009, 01:46 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
1,636 posts, read 2,900,859 times
Reputation: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Weimar Republic: the history of Germany from 1919-33; I have a very strong feeling that Mexico will be traveling down that same disasterous road---------much to its sorrow.

WW I: Germany was embroiled in which cost it part of its territory=Mexican-American War 1848 which cost Mx some of its land

Weimar Republic: Germany prospered (on paper only) then the economic house of cards collapsed in 1933=Mexico has never accepted the fact it was soundly beaten hence never moved on as a modern nation.

WW II: Nazi Germany started it and had its ass handed to it on a silver platter; read that lost much more of its land, Germans forced out of Silesia, E Prussia, etc. and was forced to pay reparations=Mexico collapsing; attempting to invade the USA and be destroyed due to its foolishness.

Post war: Germany today is a solid First World nation with its social mores=what is left of Mexico; hopefully the same.

Translation: memo to Mexico; do not mess with the USA------------or else.
You're losing it, pal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top