U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 11:05 AM

5,963 posts, read 10,495,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Absolutely. But therein lies the problem. Many at the top of the corporate food chain (and in our government) are not only benefiting from cheap illegal labor, many of them are also in bed with the drug cartels. It is a well known fact that the Bush family goes back a couple of generations with the drug cartels. Additionally, many who sit on the board of directors of MATT.org (a pro-illegal alien site) are long time friends of Bush family and more than a few others in our government as well.
Yes so true. I do not trust any of them from either party; to me, they are all "one in the same."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2009, 11:06 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Yes so true. I do not trust any of them from either party; to me, they are all "one in the same."
Would you stop reading my mind? Once again, ITA. I too am sick of the 2 party system and those who continue to fall in line every single election.

Old 02-21-2009, 11:46 AM

23 posts, read 27,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Amen! And IMO if they really wanted to stop the illegals, they could; if they really wanted to stop the drugs in this Country they could, but those in power have no intentions of doing either one.
Who's "they"? What in the last 40 years (at least) of drug law policy gives you reason to think that?

Old 02-21-2009, 12:08 PM

My brother-in-law is a deputy sherriff in southern California, so I don't support (regardless of my personal opinions about marijuana law or immigration law) anything that puts the safety of our law enforcement (assuming they are professionals acting within their agency's policies) in jeapordy. Period. I did read the story and felt bad (considering the apparent facts in this case--one of our officers was run over by a truck) that I chuckled over the "agents found a large quantity of suspected marijuana inside the truck" line. I guess Mexican weed is so bad that they can't even be sure it's "marijuana".

However, the suspect is being charged with assault on a federal officer and drug trafficking, neither of which are immigration offenses. The suspect (a suspected Mexican national) may have previously "immigrated" to the United States (legally or illegally) or may reside permanently in Mexico (or some other state) while earning his or her income by, um, importing marijuana to U.S. consumers.

From the story (the one I "could simply read"): "The truck was believed to have crossed the border along a patch of rough desert, but Mosier said it was unclear exactly where the driver crossed". Good luck prosecuting the suspected smuggler for entry without inspection or any immigration offense under these circumstances. This is drug smuggling, not immigration. "The truck contained 1,500 pounds of marijuana, wrapped in 25-pound bundles that filled the interior of the pickup 'so that only one human being could fit inside of it'". No space even for "human smuggling". Is the suspected Mexican national the "immigrant" in question?

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 02-21-2009 at 06:18 PM.. Reason: edited for orphaned content

Old 02-21-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcooper View Post
Who's "they"? What in the last 40 years (at least) of drug law policy gives you reason to think that?
Quote:
There are two recent developments that I want to just cite right at the beginning. One, as Dennis indicated, is that there is a tremendous popular ferment in the United States now, over the question of the role of certain elements of the government, in fostering the crack cocaine epidemic, particularly the crack cocaine epidemic that hit the streets of Los Angeles and every other city in the United States beginning in the early 1980s.
The Bush Machine And The Drug Cartel

Lengthy but informative piece of history:

Quote:
George Bush Sr. began his family’s relationship with Mexico in the 1960s, when his Zapata Offshore Oil Company was partner in a border-region oil company called Perforaciones Marinas del Golfo (Permargo), with Jorge Díaz Serrano.
Quote:
In 1988, the financial newspaper Barron’s reported that the two Jorges — Bush and Díaz Serrano — used prestanombres (“name-lenders”) to hide Bush’s investment in Permargo from the Mexican government, skirting Mexican foreign-ownership laws. Barron’s also accused the Securities and Exchange Commission of destroying related documents after Bush became vice president in 1981.
Bush Sr. met Carlos Salinas’s father, Raúl Salinas Lozano, back when the latter was Mexico’s commerce secretary. The families’ friendship has continued through the years. Raúl Salinas, the president’s brother, has told investigators that Jeb and Columba Bush joined him three times for vacations at his hacienda Las Mendocinas. It was the same estate where he reportedly hosted an infamous 1990 party for the cream of Mexico’s drug cartels, which Jeb and Columba did not attend.

http://www.elandar.com/bush/amigos.html

Old 02-21-2009, 12:35 PM

Immigration? "Jorge" Arbusto (W., H.W. or Prescott, for that matter) is from a prominent Connecticut Yankee family. Were you questioning the citizenship or loyalties of two former U.S. presidents?

Old 02-21-2009, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Immigration? "Jorge" Arbusto (W., H.W. or Prescott, for that matter) is from a prominent Connecticut Yankee family. Were you questioning the citizenship or loyalties of two former U.S. presidents?
The loyalties of the former US Presidents in light of the close cartel connections/relationship to the Bush family lineage as far back as Prescott. As governor, Jeb certainly made it clear what side of the border he represented. Too bad they all forgot to denounce their US citizenship in light of the fact that their time in office was spent forming policies that favored mexico and neglected the citizens of America.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 02-21-2009 at 12:49 PM..

Old 02-21-2009, 12:46 PM

"The former US Presidents and the cartel connections of their entire family lineage."

Agents of the conspiracy. Obviously. UH, OBVIOUSLY!!11!~!!

*EDIT: Again, "Were you questioning the citizenship or loyalties of two former U.S. presidents?", JdubsMom? Please elaborate.

Old 02-21-2009, 12:53 PM

Quote:
"The former US Presidents and the cartel connections of their entire family lineage."

Agents of the conspiracy. Obviously. UH, OBVIOUSLY!!11!~!!

*EDIT: Again, "Were you questioning the citizenship or loyalties of two former U.S. presidents?", JdubsMom? Please elaborate.
I wasn't questioning their citizenship. Rather I question their loyalties and motives in terms of representation of what was best for America and her people.

Old 02-21-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I wasn't questioning their citizenship. Rather I question their loyalties and motives in terms of representation of what was best for America and her people.
Two former elected U.S. presidents whose loyalty to our country is questioned. Point taken.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 02-21-2009 at 06:20 PM.. Reason: personal attack
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration