Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 09:23 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,527,761 times

Advertisements

Interesting....I suppose it wouldn't be TOO big a stretch to say that the Border Patrol killed Chandra Levy, because they let her killer in. Or you could say that MEChA killed Chandra Levy...they put the pressure on the Border Patrol which caused them to 'back down', and ultimately to let her killer in. Or you could say WE killed Chandra Levy because we won't wash our own cars and mow our own lawns. Or you could say the Mexican government killed Chandra Levy, by failing to apprehend Guandique when he first crossed THEIR southern border illegally, on his way to crossing OUR southern border illegally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 10:30 AM

8,064 posts, read 17,973,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
What bothers me is the selective "hatchet jobs" by the Washington Post, which is supposed to be above that sort of junk. In their description of the current suspect:

Guandique (pronounced GWAN-dee-keh) had come from a hard-scrabble hamlet near the city of San Miguel in El Salvador. His father was kidnapped by guerrillas during the Salvadoran civil war, before Guandique's birth in 1981, and later executed. The son grew up in an adobe house with a dirt floor, no running water and an open pit for cooking meals. The home was decorated with family photos and pictures of Jesus Christ and the Virgin Mary taped to pink and white sheets of plastic that served as wallpaper.

Who Killed Chandra Levy? Chapter Six (washingtonpost.com)

They weren't nearly this charitable when describing the innocent Gary Condit.
Don't you just love the vivid description of the "holy pictures" and poverty, as if we're supposed to feel sorry for this guy and excuse him for what he did?

The liberal media make excuses for illegal immigrants when they commit crimes but if a poor, white, American citizen commits a crime, they mock the upbringing, label 'em as "white trash" and then clamor for the harshest possible sentence.

And I absolutely agree with y'all -- the young woman is dead and the senator had his life ruined over this. (I certainly don't condone the affair but I think the senator paid dearly for it.) But they STILL try to drum up sympathy for a murderous illegal. It's unbelievable.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:41 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,519,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Don't you just love the vivid description of the "holy pictures" and poverty, as if we're supposed to feel sorry for this guy and excuse him for what he did?

The liberal media make excuses for illegal immigrants when they commit crimes but if a poor, white, American citizen commits a crime, they mock the upbringing, label 'em as "white trash" and then clamor for the harshest possible sentence.

And I absolutely agree with y'all -- the young woman is dead and the senator had his life ruined over this. (I certainly don't condone the affair but I think the senator paid dearly for it.) But they STILL try to drum up sympathy for a murderous illegal. It's unbelievable.
The disparity between the reporting of crimes committed by illegal aliens, and those by U.S. citizens is absolutely mind-boggling. The Wash Post is famous for their pandering to illegals. Every article involving “immigrants” is always a sob story, regardless of the heinousness of the crime -- but this is way over the top. This is precisely why I have no respect for the Post.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:21 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,153,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The disparity between the reporting of crimes committed by illegal aliens, and those by U.S. citizens is absolutely mind-boggling. The Wash Post is famous for their pandering to illegals. Every article involving “immigrants” is always a sob story, regardless of the heinousness of the crime -- but this is way over the top. This is precisely why I have no respect for the Post.
Gotta agree with you here, the evidence is pretty overwhelming as evidenced by this story.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:47 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,070,865 times
Yeah as soon as I heard "immigrant" I knew the media was trying to cover it up. Didn't even need to google.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:50 AM

1,700 posts, read 3,417,716 times
How sad is it that the rallying cry for this movement is "WHO WILL MOW YOUR LAWNS????" And it actually works??? It's not I have a dream....sad. Poor girl.

Also the paper where I'm from does that also. "Immigrant" means illegal, they refuse to give status. Newsday.

Old 02-23-2009, 03:02 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,519,626 times
From WTOP in DC:

Quote:
When Guandique's name first emerged as a possible suspect in Levy's murder in May 2002, the INS released a statement saying Guandique was in the country illegally.

Because Guandique is from El Salvador, he had the opportunity to apply for a special temporary visa granted to immigrants who would be endangered if they returned home, the INS statement said.

Guandique started the process but didn't submit fingerprints, and the visa was never granted.
Suspect in Chandra Levy case is illegal immigrant - wtop.com

Old 02-23-2009, 04:37 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,465,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post

Quote:
Guandique wanted a better life in America.
Apparently his version of the American Dream included kicking in bedroom doors, punching holes in walls, severely beating his former girlfriend, threatening her mother, burglarizing his neighbor's house, murdering Chandra Levy and viciously assaulting two women who were jogging alone in the park where Levy's body was eventually located. And this is the stuff we know about. God only knows what crimes he could have committed elsewhere.

Old 02-23-2009, 04:39 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,465,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
From WTOP in DC:

When Guandique's name first emerged as a possible suspect in Levy's murder in May 2002, the INS released a statement saying Guandique was in the country illegally.

Because Guandique is from El Salvador, he had the opportunity to apply for a special temporary visa granted to immigrants who would be endangered if they returned home, the INS statement said.

Guandique started the process but didn't submit fingerprints, and the visa was never granted.
Suspect in Chandra Levy case is illegal immigrant - wtop.com

ROFL!! So he might have been endangered if he returned home? I think it's pretty obvious that American citizens were endangered by having him here, but I doubt anyone in DC is concerned about that. Just think! If Scamnesty had gone through in June 2006, he would have been given citizenship.

Old 02-23-2009, 04:44 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,206,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Interesting....I suppose it wouldn't be TOO big a stretch to say that the Border Patrol killed Chandra Levy, because they let her killer in. Or you could say that MEChA killed Chandra Levy...they put the pressure on the Border Patrol which caused them to 'back down', and ultimately to let her killer in. Or you could say WE killed Chandra Levy because we won't wash our own cars and mow our own lawns. Or you could say the Mexican government killed Chandra Levy, by failing to apprehend Guandique when he first crossed THEIR southern border illegally, on his way to crossing OUR southern border illegally.
I'll settle for blaming our government in D.C.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration