U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-28-2009, 02:38 AM
 
2,381 posts, read 4,419,364 times
Reputation: 475

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaerin View Post
But at 16 or even 18 he knew what the law was, why did he not rectify the situation? Instead he chose to remain an illegal and do things illegally. I agree a nine year old does not know he broke the law. A top student accepted to one of the most prestigious colleges in the world does know he broke the law, and is continuing to break the law. So no offense but that argument is moot.

It amazes me when some people have the inability to reason. If he left Mexico at 9 years old, most likely he does not even know where his home was and that is if he has a home. Second, if his family is here, to whom does he return to? He would be alone and left to fend for himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-28-2009, 02:43 AM
 
2,381 posts, read 4,419,364 times
Reputation: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Agreed. Those now grown illegals (aka self proclaimed "children" of illegal aliens) who are sitting around DREAM(ing) of amnesty and demanding instate tuition rates should leave now or be deported.
Maybe someone else DREAMING. Last time I checked children of illegal immigrants were also citizens. Whether anchor, by default or what ever you want to call it...still citizens. Wake up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2009, 07:46 AM
 
217 posts, read 368,825 times
Reputation: 82
Default Ice 1-866-347-2423

EVERY American should carry this # with them every where they go..when you see a hot house or drop house, a house that is housing many illegals and you should assume they "are" illegal, then call
ICE..if you see more than a couple working anywhere, mcdonalds or in the farms or just anywhere.. A great chance they are illegal.. Their are very few becoming legal citizens.. they get more from our government by staying illegal..

ICE 1-866-347-2423
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2009, 08:13 AM
 
2,381 posts, read 4,419,364 times
Reputation: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolnana5 View Post
EVERY American should carry this # with them every where they go..when you see a hot house or drop house, a house that is housing many illegals and you should assume they "are" illegal, then call
ICE..if you see more than a couple working anywhere, mcdonalds or in the farms or just anywhere.. A great chance they are illegal.. Their are very few becoming legal citizens.. they get more from our government by staying illegal..

ICE 1-866-347-2423
You mean, whenever you see a Mexican right? And then they say this is not a racist... You cannot tell if someone is documented or not by simply looking at them? You are racially profiling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2009, 08:17 AM
 
217 posts, read 368,825 times
Reputation: 82
Default absolutely

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
You mean, whenever you see a Mexican right? And then they say this is not a racist... You cannot tell if someone is documented or not by simply looking at them? You are racially profiling.

yes mexican.. absolutely.. Even the mexicans don't like the illegals if they are citizens.. i am italian and others are something else.. but when you have over 40 million illegal mexicans in this country, the chances are great they are illegal.. I am not racially profiling anyone.. These are facts.. and no, i am not racist.. so make sure you call ICE 1-866-347-2423 when you see a group of mexicans.. If they are legal, they surely won't mind showing their paperwork, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2009, 08:24 AM
 
217 posts, read 368,825 times
Reputation: 82
Default how quick we forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Again, as a white person, I laugh at this. You know who looks out for the white people? EVERYONE. The majority of every admissions committee is white, most merit-based scholarships are based solely, surprise surprise, on MERIT, and white people have had unlimited rights since the dawn of America. How long ago were Blacks even allowed on most college campuses? Not that long, maybe 40-50 years. When your parents didn't go to college, it's a lot less likely you will, especially if you grow up poor (like the majority of minorities in this country) and live in a community where more kids drop out of HS and go to jail than finish and go to college. White people have no excuses...we have no discrimination getting in our way, and if we work hard and do well in school, we are rewarded for it. I got scholarship offers just like my black best friend did, and just like the girl from Mexico city did.

Crying and complaining that white people have to actually work for things now is simply pathetic. By saying Juan doesn't deserve to be at Harvard is also discrediting all those white people he beat out in HS for the Valedictorian. And there are "white" groups that support you anyways. If you know your nationality, there's a scholarship fund for it. If not, there are plenty of fellowships that ignore race. And there's always merit and need based scholarships, especially at Harvard and other private schools.

amazing how quick people forget.. Juan, if he is illegal, he absolutely doesn't need to be there.. Absolutely.. and your quote about Americans isn't correct.. those days are long gone.. negro's are allowed anywhere as it should be.. but yet they have the negro college fund, the naacp, sharpton and Wright and racist groups.. but if we open a white college fund and preach the "racist blacks" .. we are freakin' doomed and racist.. this crap has to stop.. between both parties.. whites and blacks seem to forget that whites were slaves also and held slaves by black men.. You did know that right? but Juan, if he is here illegally like over 40 million are, no way should he go..the odds are great that he and his parents are living off taxpayer dollars to great extent.. they would rather stay illegal then become citizens because they absolutely hate paying taxes..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2009, 08:50 AM
 
2,381 posts, read 4,419,364 times
Reputation: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolnana5 View Post
yes mexican.. absolutely.. Even the mexicans don't like the illegals if they are citizens.. i am italian and others are something else.. but when you have over 40 million illegal mexicans in this country, the chances are great they are illegal.. I am not racially profiling anyone.. These are facts.. and no, i am not racist.. so make sure you call ICE 1-866-347-2423 when you see a group of mexicans.. If they are legal, they surely won't mind showing their paperwork, right?
I dont carry any documents with me except my state ID. This is ridiculous and yes, very racist!

Last edited by zacatecana; 02-28-2009 at 09:02 AM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2009, 09:00 AM
 
2,381 posts, read 4,419,364 times
Reputation: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolnana5 View Post
amazing how quick people forget.. Juan, if he is illegal, he absolutely doesn't need to be there.. Absolutely.. and your quote about Americans isn't correct.. those days are long gone.. negro's are allowed anywhere as it should be.. but yet they have the negro college fund, the naacp, sharpton and Wright and racist groups.. but if we open a white college fund and preach the "racist blacks" .. we are freakin' doomed and racist.. this crap has to stop.. between both parties.. whites and blacks seem to forget that whites were slaves also and held slaves by black men.. You did know that right? but Juan, if he is here illegally like over 40 million are, no way should he go..the odds are great that he and his parents are living off taxpayer dollars to great extent.. they would rather stay illegal then become citizens because they absolutely hate paying taxes..
Now your hate is against Blacks? First of all there was a time when you could bring a servant to America and after they had served their time, which was I believe 7 years, you were now free. Many continued this cycle regardless of color. This is how some Blacks were able ti have servants, until someone decided to enslave Blacks for ever and their off springs too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2009, 10:31 AM
 
Location: Reeds Spring, MO
974 posts, read 1,354,997 times
Reputation: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
It amazes me when some people have the inability to reason. If he left Mexico at 9 years old, most likely he does not even know where his home was and that is if he has a home. Second, if his family is here, to whom does he return to? He would be alone and left to fend for himself.

Your telling me that his parents never told him of his homeland? and who cares who is here, they are here illegally, also at 18 i went to college on my own, didnt have mommy and daddies hand to hold. please dont feed me the he has to fend for himself thing. all of us at one point in time have to stand on our own two feet. and you also say that if he is illegal. he is, read the link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2009, 10:33 AM
 
Location: Reeds Spring, MO
974 posts, read 1,354,997 times
Reputation: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
So, he should just have left and went back to mexico( a country he hadn't been to since he was 9) at 16 or 18 all by himself?

No offense, but your argument is not grounded in reality one bit.

it is grounded in reality black. at 18 i had to leave mommy and daddies home to step out on my own. he isnt some child anymore. all of us at some point have to stand on our own two feet. i did, others have. at 18 i was off to college on my own. why is he any different?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top