U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2009, 08:01 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,673,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by briefstop View Post
It's just that you like to go beyond the illegal aspect of things. On another post, you just talked about the "tribal mentality" of " 'American' Hispanics".
Looking at that la raza crap...........I stand by what I stated----------and, it has noting to do with race/ethnicity-----------the word 'culture' comes to mind. Frankly; the USA needs to revert to the pre 1965 immigration rules which would cut down the flow of people from Third World nations in particular, unless said individuals are educated and can support themselves.

The USA can 'cherry pick' whom we allow in...........if that offends Mexico---------tough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 08:12 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,166,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Looking at that la raza crap...........I stand by what I stated----------and, it has noting to do with race/ethnicity-----------the word 'culture' comes to mind. Frankly; the USA needs to revert to the pre 1965 immigration rules which would cut down the flow of people from Third World nations in particular, unless said individuals are educated and can support themselves.

The USA can 'cherry pick' whom we allow in...........if that offends Mexico---------tough.
I absolutely agree with you 100%!

Old 09-24-2009, 10:18 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,085,727 times
Quote:

You have stated that they have a "3rd world culture mentality". Simply put, you have created an archtype of what a Hispanic (Mexican) is and what a White person is (the American majority, for the arguement's sake). If the majority of illegal immigrants were more akin to your American archtype (be it physical or cultural), you would treat them differently.

Also, seeing how you don't really know the 3rd world, I would advise not making statements that may cause people to perceive them as xenophobic or inflammatory. The vast majority of Americans are not college educated, thus why should the vast majority of immigrants? (more than 70% of Americans over the age of 25 do not have a college degree)We should allow non-criminals regardless of their education attainment.

We should create a pathway of legalization via education (to bolster the number of legal residents in the nation as well as educational attainment).

We should not be as archaic as to revert to old laws that are simply thinly vieled racism used to divide rather than unite.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:20 AM

Quote:

That stated: better an American 'loser' receiving a scholarship than an illegal alien AKA a criminal loser who obviously is not good enough to succeed in his/her own nation.
No.

Old 09-24-2009, 06:27 PM

411 posts, read 403,007 times
Quote:
What is your point? I am definitely not college material so your (barely) veiled derogatory comment is moot in my case.

That stated: better an American 'loser' receiving a scholarship than an illegal alien AKA a criminal loser who obviously is not good enough to succeed in his/her own nation.
Thanks god that the prevailing mentality in thwe usa is far from this, I congratulate people based on the efforts, if some opt to sit on their butts drinking beer and watching demolition derbies, so be it, that's what they get.....

Old 09-24-2009, 06:50 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,913,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by briefstop View Post
It's just that you like to go beyond the illegal aspect of things. On another post, you just talked about the "tribal mentality" of " 'American' Hispanics".
Are you denying the fact that most illegals in fact are from SOB? This is why they get the majority of the spot light. It is earned by their numbers not their skin color.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Are you denying the fact that most illegals in fact are from SOB? This is why they get the majority of the spot light. It is earned by their numbers not their skin color.
The poster did not deny nor confirm anything. The post simply stated that AZbear has made remarks that many can construe as ethnocentrist or even racist.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
You have stated that they have a "3rd world culture mentality". Simply put, you have created an archtype of what a Hispanic (Mexican) is and what a White person is (the American majority, for the arguement's sake). If the majority of illegal immigrants were more akin to your American archtype (be it physical or cultural), you would treat them differently.

Also, seeing how you don't really know the 3rd world, I would advise not making statements that may cause people to perceive them as xenophobic or inflammatory. The vast majority of Americans are not college educated, thus why should the vast majority of immigrants? (more than 70% of Americans over the age of 25 do not have a college degree)We should allow non-criminals regardless of their education attainment.

We should create a pathway of legalization via education (to bolster the number of legal residents in the nation as well as educational attainment).

We should not be as archaic as to revert to old laws that are simply thinly vieled racism used to divide rather than unite.
Try again: many people want to live in the USA; we have the right to allow in whom we want. If that offends Mexico or any other country--------------tough.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
Thanks god that the prevailing mentality in thwe usa is far from this, I congratulate people based on the efforts, if some opt to sit on their butts drinking beer and watching demolition derbies, so be it, that's what they get.....
Attitudes are hardening against illegal aliens AKA the real losers.

Our PW Trash (and barrio Latino/ghetto Black) element have more rights than any illegal alien.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Try again: many people want to live in the USA; we have the right to allow in whom we want. If that offends Mexico or any other country--------------tough.
Good thing you aren't in politics, otherwise we'd be screwed as a nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or