U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 10:13 AM

10,089 posts, read 10,606,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This is infuriating. Why should ANY illegal alien receive scholarships in this country? They are using us to the max.
Is it your money?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 10:16 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Said foreign students are in the USA legally; there is a difference between green card/visa holders and illegal aliens........despite both not being US citizens.
There you go, mentioning that little issue of legality. You know it isn’t their fault that our country has unfair immigration laws, and a broken system.

If I were a foreign student attending a state university, I would be quite upset to be required to pay higher tuition, while illegals in many states pay the lower in-state rates. Of course this wouldn’t apply to Harvard.

Old 03-12-2010, 08:19 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,582,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Foreign students attend Harvard, are you saying they are taking places from Americans?
To begin, if you are unable to accept the concept of: if an illegal resident was not here in the first place then positions or jobs held by them could be filled by those here legally then you won't understand my point. I would fight for the legal immigrant who wanted to go to Harvard, but was no there, yet, an illegal resident was. The point is that when someone is here undocumented/illegally, then they have no right to fill a spot that should and could be attained by a legal resident, foreign or not. I'm a person that respects the long-term tradition of highly-ingenious people from other countries coming here to study and basically give this country great professionals who conduct research and grow our presence in those different fields. Most illegal immigrants aren't really providing that.

So, no, that is not what I was saying.

Old 03-12-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Said foreign students are in the USA legally; there is a difference between green card/visa holders and illegal aliens........despite both not being US citizens.
Thank you.

Old 03-12-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Is it your money?
The money that is used by them in the states and federal government is. When someone is living here in a state and in this country, they aren't just living here with no cost to the governments and essentially the people. Think about the services and systems maintained by states and the federal government. When do you put your foot down and say enough is enough before the numbers of illegal immigrants continues to grow and that number of funds grows? No matter how rich you are, I'm sure you are costing the taxpayers something. I know I am.

Old 03-12-2010, 08:26 PM

16,685 posts, read 27,887,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeseburgersandfries View Post
hahah really!!?, be real. If this illegal Immigrant is really smart, then by all means he deserves to go to Harvard.

If hes smarter than 80% of Americans, then hes in the right place. Haters are going to hate. Harvard wants him because they know he will serve a good purpose. too bad you suck
Perhaps after Harvard, this ILLEGAL ALIEN should become President, too, after all he's so smart, right?

Old 03-13-2010, 10:48 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,085,289 times
The problem the Anti-illegal alien movement is having is understanding that the act of Illegally crossing a border, does not make every action after that an illegal one.

It may not be fair to you, it may not sound right to you, it may make you angrier...but lets look at the facts.

If you contention is that... the illegal crossing at the border, would make every action the illegal alien preformed after the crossing also illegal.

A illegal illegal alien would be unable to rent a home. the simple action of renting a room to a non citizen would be a criminal offence. Since there is no system that a landlord check citizenship, there is no law stating that a landlord has to.

You may say well we will have E verify and a national ID card...that is a future act. Right now...there is not a verification system.

A ilegal alien child is allowed to go to public school. If the Supreme Court adhered to the theory that that child crossing the border makes every action here to fore illegal, then they would have not ruled in favor to allow illegal alien children to attend school.

In the State of Texas, the Governor, Rick Perry, signed into law a bill which allowed illegal alien children that had attented six years of high school education in the state of texas Eligible to recive State funds to attend a Texas public instituton of higher learning(college/Uni).

Rick Perry and the Texas lesgislature did not adhere to the contention that the criminal act of the illegal alien child crossing the border as reason to make every subsequent action also illegal perpetually.

My proof is in the day to day laws and services allowed the illegal alien.

Last edited by 1751texan; 03-13-2010 at 10:59 AM..

Old 03-13-2010, 11:02 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,085,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Perhaps after Harvard, this ILLEGAL ALIEN should become President, too, after all he's so smart, right?
Well the Constitution of the United States is very clear on who can become President of the United States, but maybe he's smart enough to be President of Harvard one day.

Old 03-13-2010, 01:48 PM

16,685 posts, read 27,887,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Well the Constitution of the United States is very clear on who can become President of the United States, but maybe he's smart enough to be President of Harvard one day.
My quip was a birther joke. Perhaps a little too dry for some.

Old 03-13-2010, 02:10 PM

332 posts, read 548,530 times
Quote:
Illegal alien recieves $50 grand per year to attend Harvard.
Did your college age child get a scholarship for being LEGAL???

-----

Undocumented Student at Harvard on $50,000 Scholarship - NAM

Feb 11, 2009

Los Angeles—Juan Hernandez-Campos, an undocumented who completed his first semester at Harvard University, has been awarded a $50,000 per year scholarship Hernandez-Campos, who was born in Guadalajara, Mexico. There are universities and private foundations that award scholarships to distinguished students, regardless of their immigration status.

----

In my opinion, now, that we know who he is and where he is, how can we deport him? That money belongs to an American child for education and not an illegal aliens. This illegal alien will make a fine addition to his home town of Guadalajara, Mexico. I'm sure they have colleges in Mexico. We must have him deported immediately. If the organization wants to fund his education in Mexico that would be fine.

Deport All Illegal aliens:

Juan Hernandez-Campos an illegal alien from Guadalajara, Mexico will be attending school at Harvard.

This organization needs to be raided, “After School All Stars,” a national after school educational and recreational program designed to keep youth out of trouble.

His father needs to be checked to see if he's an illegal alien, if he is then he needs to be deported too, "he crossed the border nine years ago to be with his father."

Call Harvard and complain, the illegal alien is illegally taking a space where an legal American should be!

Harvard General Information :

Primary address:
Massachusetts Hall
Cambridge, MA 02138

Tel: 617.495.1000

Admissions and Aid Information :
Undergraduate»
Tel: 617.495.1551; Fax: 617.495.8821

Harvard University Office of News & Public Affairs»
Tel: 617.495.1585

Public Safety :
Harvard University Police Department»
Tel: 617.495.1215 (non-emergency)

Harvard home :

I wonder if an illegal immigrant from Guatemala living in Mexico would get this same luxury.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or