Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2009, 12:18 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,348,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
After taking a look at the test scores of his HS, being valedictorian may no be quite the towering achievement you are making it out to be.

Theodore Roosevelt Senior High School Test Scores - Los Angeles, California - CA
Just because his school wasn't great, does not mean he did not excel. He stood head and shoulders above his fellow students, that shows a lot more than being very good at a school where everyone does well. It shows that he didn't fall to the level of his peers, but he rose above it.

Quote:
Summa c-um laude? This kid has only completed his first semester at Harvard! How can you say he is in the top 1% of his Harvard class when he will not graduate for another 3 years?
This was stated in the original article. He was awarded the scholarship after one semester where he was Summa C-um Laude.

Quote:
Show me where in that article that it says "Plus, 16% of Harvard is international anyways, not all with citizenship or visas either."
You see, the reason why it's blue and underlined is because it's a link. Within that article, you will see everything I quoted. Try reading...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 12:21 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,476,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
A Summa C-um Laude Harvard graduate will have no problem finding a 6-figure job right out of college. Any company who will hire him will also have an immigration attorney work on getting him the proper visa to live here and work here. That's how it works.
O...M...G
Dude! He hasn't graduated yet! As a matter of fact, he is a freshman. Why do you keep referring to him as a summa c*um laude Harvard graduate?
No wait! Don't tell me! I am not wasting anymore time on this nonsense.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Just because his school wasn't great, does not mean he did not excel. He stood head and shoulders above his fellow students, that shows a lot more than being very good at a school where everyone does well. It shows that he didn't fall to the level of his peers, but he rose above it.

This was stated in the original article. He was awarded the scholarship after one semester where he was Summa C-um Laude.

You see, the reason why it's blue and underlined is because it's a link. Within that article, you will see everything I quoted. Try reading...
I asked you to show me where in that article that it says "Plus, 16% of Harvard is international anyways, not all with citizenship or visas either."

You can't. That is not stated anywhere in the article.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:38 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,348,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I asked you to show me where in that article that it says "Plus, 16% of Harvard is international anyways, not all with citizenship or visas either."

You can't. That is not stated anywhere in the article.
It is, I got it from that article, just READ IT. It mentions that there are some US Citizens, some with dual citizenship and some are foreign citizens.

Quote:
O...M...G
Dude! He hasn't graduated yet! As a matter of fact, he is a freshman. Why do you keep referring to him as a summa c*um laude Harvard graduate?
No wait! Don't tell me! I am not wasting anymore time on this nonsense.
This was in response to the question "what will he do when he graduates?" When he graduates, assuming he continues to excel as he already has, he will be a summa c*um laude graduate. Obviously he isn't yet...I was answering that question about his post-graduate opportunities.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 02-26-2009 at 07:30 PM.. Reason: discuss OP, not other users

Old 02-26-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:
It is, I got it from that article, just READ IT. It mentions that there are some US Citizens, some with dual citizenship and some are foreign citizens.

This was in response to the question "what will he do when he graduates?" When he graduates, assuming he continues to excel as he already has, he will be a summa c*um laude graduate. Obviously he isn't yet...I was answering that question about his post-graduate opportunities.
Nice try. You have no clue as the whether he will graduate summa c*um laude or not.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 02-26-2009 at 07:33 PM..

Old 02-26-2009, 05:20 PM

974 posts, read 1,586,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
At nine years old you have no say over the decisions your parents make for you. You just follow because you trust that your parents love you and know what is best for you. He is not to blame for what his parents did. He did not break the law.
But at 16 or even 18 he knew what the law was, why did he not rectify the situation? Instead he chose to remain an illegal and do things illegally. I agree a nine year old does not know he broke the law. A top student accepted to one of the most prestigious colleges in the world does know he broke the law, and is continuing to break the law. So no offense but that argument is moot.

Old 02-26-2009, 05:33 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,746,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaerin View Post
But at 16 or even 18 he knew what the law was, why did he not rectify the situation? Instead he chose to remain an illegal and do things illegally. I agree a nine year old does not know he broke the law. A top student accepted to one of the most prestigious colleges in the world does know he broke the law, and is continuing to break the law. So no offense but that argument is moot.
So, he should just have left and went back to mexico( a country he hadn't been to since he was 9) at 16 or 18 all by himself?

No offense, but your argument is not grounded in reality one bit.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:41 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,645,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
So, he should just have left and went back to mexico( a country he hadn't been to since he was 9) at 16 or 18 all by himself?

No offense, but your argument is not grounded in reality one bit.
Had his parents passed on or left him alone when he reached that age? If not, then they could have gone back together.

That being said, if this fella has truly earned his way into the school, I congratulate him on his mental prowess. But I have to wonder what kind of reputable college would let an illegal alien enter their hallowed halls? Shouldn't they have done some rudimentary background work and discovered he was not a legal citizen of the US? I feel the school is at fault in this particular instance, because they failed to make sure he was a legal US citizen.

Personally, I hope he does well and then takes his education back to his true home country where intelligent, hard working people are desperately needed. We have plenty of homegrown brainiacs, let's send this guy back home so he can assist in bringing his homeland up to a new level.

Let the guy finish school, there's no reason to waste a good brain. Americans are good people, and we love to see others succeed. Chalk this one up to a charitable donation to the betterment of the world.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:45 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,406,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Had his parents passed on or left him alone when he reached that age? If not, then they could have gone back together.

That being said, if this fella has truly earned his way into the school, I congratulate him on his mental prowess. But I have to wonder what kind of reputable college would let an illegal alien enter their hallowed halls? Shouldn't they have done some rudimentary background work and discovered he was not a legal citizen of the US? I feel the school is at fault in this particular instance, because they failed to make sure he was a legal US citizen.

Personally, I hope he does well and then takes his education back to his true home country where intelligent, hard working people are desperately needed. We have plenty of homegrown brainiacs, let's send this guy back home so he can assist in bringing his homeland up to a new level.

Let the guy finish school, there's no reason to waste a good brain. Americans are good people, and we love to see others succeed. Chalk this one up to a charitable donation to the betterment of the world.
Agreed. Those now grown illegals (aka self proclaimed "children" of illegal aliens) who are sitting around DREAM(ing) of amnesty and demanding instate tuition rates should leave now or be deported.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:28 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,504,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad-The-Impaler View Post
Did your college age child get a scholarship for being LEGAL???

-----

Undocumented Student at Harvard on $50,000 Scholarship - NAM

Feb 11, 2009

Los Angeles—Juan Hernandez-Campos, an undocumented who completed his first semester at Harvard University, has been awarded a $50,000 per year scholarship Hernandez-Campos, who was born in Guadalajara, Mexico.

There are universities and private foundations that award scholarships to distinguished students, regardless of their immigration status.

----

In my opinion, now, that we know who he is and where he is, how can we deport him? That money belongs to an American child for education and not an illegal aliens. This illegal alien will make a fine addition to his home town of Guadalajara, Mexico. I'm sure they have colleges in Mexico. We must have him deported immediately. If the organization wants to fund his education in Mexico that would be fine.

Deport All Illegal aliens:

Juan Hernandez-Campos an illegal alien from Guadalajara, Mexico will be attending school at Harvard.

This organization needs to be raided, “After School All Stars,” a national after school educational and recreational program designed to keep youth out of trouble.

His father needs to be checked to see if he's an illegal alien, if he is then he needs to be deported too, "he crossed the border nine years ago to be with his father."

Call Harvard and complain, the illegal alien is illegally taking a space where an legal American should be!

Harvard General Information :

Primary address:
Massachusetts Hall
Cambridge, MA 02138

Tel: 617.495.1000

Admissions and Aid Information :
Undergraduate»
Tel: 617.495.1551; Fax: 617.495.8821

Harvard University Office of News & Public Affairs»
Tel: 617.495.1585

Public Safety :
Harvard University Police Department»
Tel: 617.495.1215 (non-emergency)

Harvard home :
Tel: 617.495.1585

Please take the ignorance hat off, and re-read your post, This man is obiously qualified for Harvard not some other retard that gets pushed in there by their rich parents. Stop Whining!

And BTW He finished his first semester at Harvard, so he's there, The harvard people will give a rats arse of what some ignorant jerks think. EPIC FAIL have a good day

Last edited by svg210; 02-26-2009 at 08:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration