Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 08:13 AM

1,484 posts, read 4,154,484 times

Advertisements

I read over at numbersusa.com that Bush told Mexico that he will pass his amnesty reform. Funny, I thought that there are other parts of government that also need to pass this. This doesnt sound like democracy to me.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2007, 10:15 AM

409 posts, read 1,236,812 times
You may want to get your 'news' from an actual news site - Fox News, CNN (Communist News Network), CBS, NBC, etc. Then you may have the entire story - not just the 'snipits of information' that they want you to read

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007Mar14/0,4670,BushLatinAmerica,00.html (broken link)

From Fox News -

"U.S. immigration laws were a prime topic for Bush. The president said his most important ally in getting Congress to overhaul immigration rules may be a longtime nemesis of Republicans, Sen. Edward M. Kennedy, D-Mass. Once Republicans put aside differences and settle on a course, Bush said, Kennedy may be the one to lead the charge in the now-Democratic Congress because of his vast legislative experience."

Old 03-19-2007, 01:12 PM

Default my news

I get my "news" from many sources not just the "bush network"

Also note in the article you linked:
"Granting amnesty to all workers now in the country "is not going to fly ... nor will kicking people out of the United States work," Bush said"

Bush is flat out saying that he will not deport illegals that that should be illegal since he is not enforcing laws that american is based on. He is more concerned with other countries more than his own and these "meetings" only show that more. Why is he promising Mexico that he will pass amnesty if there is a possibility that it wont happen? He is trying to get the everyone to believe that others in congress are Ok with it when they are still against it.

Old 03-19-2007, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducter View Post
I get my "news" from many sources not just the "bush network"
So... Fox News, CNN (Communist News Network), CBS, NBC, etc., are all the 'Bush network"?

Interesting view you have.

Old 03-19-2007, 02:45 PM

Default no

I meant fox news but thats more rumor than anything..

Old 03-20-2007, 08:24 AM

452 posts, read 1,132,062 times
If "WE THE POEPLE" continue to do nothing but write on forums nothing will ever happen. The Turn Coat Mexiticians and Presmexident Bush will not stop this invasion until we show them that we have had enough. There is a Rally being held in Washington D.C. April 22-25. GO! The details of this rally are on the thread "The revolution has begun". www.fairus.org
Attached Thumbnails
President Promises Mexico Amnesty-1a.jpg  

Old 03-20-2007, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloedog View Post
If "WE THE POEPLE" continue to do nothing but write on forums nothing will ever happen. The Turn Coat Mexiticians and Presmexident Bush will not stop this invasion until we show them that we have had enough. There is a Rally being held in Washington D.C. April 22-25. GO! The details of this rally are on the thread "The revolution has begun". www.fairus.org
Sounds like a plan to me.

All I need now is three or four days off work in order to go! And the money to stay in a hotel (I don't do well sleeping under bridges). And money for food, gas, and any other 'necessities' I may need.

Old 03-20-2007, 12:32 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,770,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyandMarried View Post
So... Fox News, CNN (Communist News Network), CBS, NBC, etc., are all the 'Bush network"?

Interesting view you have.

Fox is the Bush network....but you failed to list CBS and NBC and ABC as Communist News Networks also along with CNN.

Old 03-20-2007, 12:38 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,983,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducter View Post
I read over at numbersusa.com that Bush told Mexico that he will pass his amnesty reform. Funny, I thought that there are other parts of government that also need to pass this. This doesnt sound like democracy to me.....
That is a radical website which states that the U.S. population is too large, etc. I don't take anything they say with seriousness.
Amnesty will not fly in the Senate, nor will the house pass amnesty for illegals.

Old 03-20-2007, 12:51 PM

504 posts, read 1,763,979 times
What a charming group that will be Hold their feet to the fire, first I know most of them can't spell, nor can they get thier facts right, their grammar sucks, and they have no money.
One of the reasons I am pro amnesty is the people that are, seem to be at least literate and can provide proven facts as to why they are and the anti amnesty group seems to think Mexico is going to take them back and this country is going to send them all back, it is not going to happen no matter all your marches and complaints the best that you can hope for its stemming the tide coming in and that will not be soon, I bet the majority of you voted for the worse president ever thinking that he would do something about it and he will not. Have anyone of you anti amnesty people seen any change in the administration or any change in the now democratic congress? You guys are vocal enough, you don't think you are not heard, you are,but you are being ignored and you will continue to be ignored.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration