Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 07:55 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,406,297 times

Advertisements

The statistics on identity theft in Arizona are startling. Almost 300,000 Arizonans had their identities stolen in 2007, the equivalent of everyone in Payson having their identities stolen 20 times over in one year. Around 25 percent of the state’s residents have been victims of identity theft in the last six years, making Arizona the No. 1 state for identity theft four years running.
The majority of stolen identities, 36 percent, are used to gain unemployment fraudulently partly because of the state’s high rates of illegal immigration and methamphetamine use, according to Identity Theft 911, LLC.

The Payson Roundup / Arizona is No. 1 for identity theft

Not only is this outrageous, the level of criminal activity being tolerated by those here illegally simply boggles the mind . . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2009, 08:36 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,214,990 times
Probibly all those white meth addicts stealing the ID off all those honest hard working undocumented immigrants. If only we could kick out all the legal citizens of Arizona then there would be no crime.

Old 02-21-2009, 09:19 AM

608 posts, read 1,004,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Probibly all those white meth addicts stealing the ID off all those honest hard working undocumented immigrants. If only we could kick out all the legal citizens of Arizona then there would be no crime.
You may have a point. Then the supplying criminal element would follow the demanding users out of Arizona.

Old 02-21-2009, 09:21 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,122,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Ouch!

All kidding aside: Meth usage is fading out for Anglo Whites here in Az but many Hispanics seem to be taking the former's place.

As I have commented on in the past: too; those gruesome killing SOB (which are spreading northward ) have many of the earmarks of Tweakers------covering both the killers and many of their victims.

Old 02-21-2009, 04:40 PM

117 posts, read 293,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
The statistics on identity theft in Arizona are startling. Almost 300,000 Arizonans had their identities stolen in 2007, the equivalent of everyone in Payson having their identities stolen 20 times over in one year. Around 25 percent of the state’s residents have been victims of identity theft in the last six years, making Arizona the No. 1 state for identity theft four years running.
The majority of stolen identities, 36 percent, are used to gain unemployment fraudulently partly because of the state’s high rates of illegal immigration and methamphetamine use, according to Identity Theft 911, LLC.

The Payson Roundup / Arizona is No. 1 for identity theft

Not only is this outrageous, the level of criminal activity being tolerated by those here illegally simply boggles the mind . . . .

I live in the Phx area and my mom got her identity stolen, by another American though to support her drug habbit. She (the crackhead) was white by the way, but it doesn't matter. Thousands of dollars were stolen from her.

Old 02-21-2009, 04:47 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,406,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael85225 View Post
I live in the Phx area and my mom got her identity stolen, by another American though to support her drug habbit. She was white by the way, but it doesn't matter. Thousands of dollars were stolen from her.
I am so sorry to hear about your mom. About 12 years ago when I lived in Texas someone tried to steal my identity. Fortunately, I was quicker than the thieves and contacted the AG and was told to put a fraud alert on my credit report.
Tell your mom once she gets everything straightened out that she is eligible to have an extended fraud alert placed on her credit report.

I hope it all works out for her.

Old 02-21-2009, 05:21 PM

200 posts, read 349,694 times
http://www.paysonroundup.com/news/2009/feb/20/arizona_no_1_identity_theft/

Arizona is No. 1 for identity theft

February 20, 2009

The majority of complaints filed are by 18 to 29 year olds with only 8 percent filed by 60 year olds and older. You can take every other crime and combine it and it does not add up to the number of identity thefts. If you are the victim of identity theft, it costs on average $1,500, 607 hours plus $16,000 in lost wages to correct the theft, according to the Identity Theft Resource Center.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael85225 View Post
I live in the Phx area and my mom got her identity stolen, by another American though to support her drug habbit. She (the crackhead) was white by the way, but it doesn't matter. Thousands of dollars were stolen from her.
ID theft happened to my now ex wife as well----------here in Arizona. The perp was a Black woman in California according to the Secret Service. This occurred early 1990.

ID theft is ID theft: bad enough when an American commits it-------------many times more insulting when an illegal alien is behind it.

Old 02-21-2009, 11:05 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,285,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
ID theft happened to my now ex wife as well----------here in Arizona. The perp was a Black woman in California according to the Secret Service. This occurred early 1990.

ID theft is ID theft: bad enough when an American commits it-------------many times more insulting when an illegal alien is behind it.
My mom had her credit cards being used by a thief.
The first thing she said was, "Oh God, please don't let it be an illegal alien."

Old 02-22-2009, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
My mom had her credit cards being used by a thief.
The first thing she said was, "Oh God, please don't let it be an illegal alien."
And; sad to say, your mom's fears were understandable-----------I just hope to God that the thief was caught/punished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration