Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 06:22 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
I agree. I'm fully opposed all illegal immigration but I hope that it never results in any discriminatory ethnic/racial violence. That'll only exacerbate the problem.

In addition, doing so would also give more fuel to the ACLU, MALDEF, La Raza, MEChA, etc. to generalize all anti-illegal activists as "racists/bigots/nativists/xenophobes" which they love doing so much.
Bingo!

Too; I can feel my own prejudice growing against many aspects of especially Mexican Hispanic* culture courtesy of the illegal aliens and their supporters; the difference is I see it and face it down whereas many other individual irrespective of race/ethnicity would likely go 'over the edge'. That truly frightens me for obvious reasons.

*not all folks from SOB are here illegally nor are members of that (legal) cohort always criminals/troublemakers either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 06:33 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad-The-Impaler View Post
I just saw a piece on National News Media about Russia. It seems they have too many illegal aliens and the public and youth are trapping them and beating the hell out of them. The illegals are running scared. The piece I saw, showed young Russians beating the wholly crap out of an illegal and they said, the government condones it and does nothing to stop it or help the illegals in their country. Personally I think that would be kinda fun.
Your out of line with that comment.
Do we want the illegals here no>
Do we want them abused or killed, NO.

THe fight only comes when the swinging starts from the other side.....

Old 02-23-2009, 07:38 AM

2,095 posts, read 2,581,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post

Have you read the illegal alien crimes thread? I think the swinging has already started.......

Old 02-23-2009, 09:46 AM

897 posts, read 1,591,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
Have you read the illegal alien crimes thread? I think the swinging has already started.......
And that gives you the right to harass me or to jump me? It's bad enough I had to grow up in a neighborhood where I risked getting jumped every day by people who looked like me. Now I have to worry about you too? This isn't the 60s.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:01 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,631,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad-The-Impaler View Post
I just saw a piece on National News Media about Russia. It seems they have too many illegal aliens and the public and youth are trapping them and beating the hell out of them. The illegals are running scared. The piece I saw, showed young Russians beating the wholly crap out of an illegal and they said, the government condones it and does nothing to stop it or help the illegals in their country. Personally I think that would be kinda fun.
Well, yah have to believe that if yah turn the screws tighter and tighter and tighter and tighter and...... That eventually the illegal Mexican scabs will GTFO!

Old 02-23-2009, 10:17 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,009,043 times
We're "snuffing out the American dream?" Uh, no, it's still there -- you simply need to apply legally to come here and wait your turn. I LOVE the argument that says these poor, poor folks can't possibly apply legally because it costs so much! Well, how is it that many of them can pay a sleazy coyote $2,500 to smuggle them in but they can't afford to file the papers appropriately?

This country accepts millions of LEGAL immigrants every year. There are at least a dozen different Visa programs for laborers and farm workers that permit them to come and work legally. Thus, there is NO excuse for the whining media to pretend that it's just awful that America isn't providing for the illegal immigrants. Right, as if any Latin American country would roll out the red carpet for illegal immigrants in their countries? Heh.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:22 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post

I couldn't agree more. I am as anti-illegal as they come, but I don't want anyone targeted for violent retribution. That behavior is no better than the tactics used by the Klan, and I will NEVER condone it.

Sadly, if this mess isn’t resolved soon, the extremists from both sides will clash, and it WILL be very ugly.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:35 AM

200 posts, read 349,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
to generalize all anti-illegal activists as "racists/bigots/nativists/xenophobes" which they love doing so much.
In my opinion, They already do so, why would it matter to any of you. The illegals are killing Americans everyday. It's like a war zone. If the government condones illegal aliens murdering Americans and taking jobs, sucking up social services, living in public housing, raping children, then maybe, it's time for the American people to take matters into their own hands.

The media doesn't even report a fraction of the horrendous crimes the illegal aliens commit and the ones they do, they don't tell us they're illegal aliens. There's a large percentage of heinous crimes that illegal aliens commit that aren't caught and they get away with them.

The Arm chair warriors aren't going to cut it for very much longer. Fight Fire With Fire. Either that or start voting out the politicians, all of them! It's either Vote or Violence. I don't see much else of a choice, do you? I see that our country has been invaded and it's under attack and American's are losing their lives daily, to a silent and dangerous enemy.

Last edited by Vlad-The-Impaler; 02-23-2009 at 12:23 PM..

Old 02-23-2009, 11:41 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,286,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Bingo!

Too; I can feel my own prejudice growing against many aspects of especially Mexican Hispanic* culture courtesy of the illegal aliens and their supporters; the difference is I see it and face it down whereas many other individual irrespective of race/ethnicity would likely go 'over the edge'. That truly frightens me for obvious reasons.

*not all folks from SOB are here illegally nor are members of that (legal) cohort always criminals/troublemakers either.

Nahhhh...really??

The weak minded usually can't help but become prejudiced. It's hard for them to think outside of stereotypes.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:21 PM

200 posts, read 349,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Nahhhh...really??

The weak minded usually can't help but become prejudiced. It's hard for them to think outside of stereotypes.
Weak minded people swim the Rio Grande and slither under barbed wire fences to illegally enter into a country where they are not wanted and don't belong.

They should go back to their countries of origin and riot in the streets and make their own government treat it's people better. They should vote their politicians out of office, and vote in new politicians that will help it's countries people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration