U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 03:07 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,827,658 times

Advertisements

Too bad. The walls are also closing in on millions of U.S. citizens, but no one seems to give a damn.

Quote:
A worldwide economic crisis coupled with a surge in border enforcement at the end of the Bush administration is snuffing out the American dream for thousands of immigrants, legal and illegal, advocates and researchers say.

The winds buffeting immigrants, who are struggling for work and cutting the money they send home as the recession deepens, are described by advocates as a troubling bellwether for America, the premier global destination for migrants.

“The reality is that we should be very concerned when America is no longer a place where immigrants want to go,” said Charles H. Kuck, president of the American Immigration Lawyers Association. “You don’t want to be Russia.”
Walls closing in on immigrants - BostonHerald.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2009, 03:15 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,583,711 times
On the positive side, the illegal aliens will likely be deterred from entering the country during the global recession.

Old 02-22-2009, 03:24 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,654,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Too bad. The walls are also closing in on millions of U.S. citizens, but no one seems to give a damn.

I certainly do give a damn: illegal's need not apply

.........and the hammer continues to fall.

Old 02-22-2009, 03:31 PM

2,075 posts, read 1,776,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I certainly do give a damn: illegal's need not apply

.........and the hammer continues to fall.
I hope the "wind buffeting immigrants " blows them back SOB, each with an anchor baby on thier back!

Old 02-22-2009, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
I hope the "wind buffeting immigrants " blows them back SOB, each with an anchor baby on thier back!
But if that happens then the greedy, hypocritical and selfish Mexican politicians and elites will be required to provide for them both financially and socially! As a result the US taxpayers will be subsidizing fewer illegal aliens! How horrible is that?!!!

Old 02-22-2009, 04:09 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,827,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
But if that happens then the greedy, hypocritical and selfish Mexican politicians and elites will be required to provide for them both financially and socially! As a result the US taxpayers will be subsidizing fewer illegal aliens! How horrible is that?!!!
I shudder to think!

Old 02-22-2009, 09:11 PM

200 posts, read 299,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

I just saw a piece on National News Media about Russia. It seems they have too many illegal aliens and the public and youth are trapping them and beating the hell out of them. The illegals are running scared. The piece I saw, showed young Russians beating the wholly crap out of an illegal and they said, the government condones it and does nothing to stop it or help the illegals in their country. Personally I think that would be kinda fun.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:20 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,654,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad-The-Impaler View Post
I just saw a piece on National News Media about Russia. It seems they have too many illegal aliens and the public and youth are trapping them and beating the hell out of them. The illegals are running scared. The piece I saw, showed young Russians beating the wholly crap out of an illegal and they said, the government condones it and does nothing to stop it or help the illegals in their country. Personally I think that would be kinda fun.
Frankly: I hope it does not come to that...........

If nothing else: since most illegal aliens are 'brown' Hispanics; any person who looks the part would be at risk irrespective of actual race/ethnicity/legal status.

Old 02-22-2009, 10:38 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,627,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad-The-Impaler View Post
You're sick....I pity you.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Frankly: I hope it does not come to that...........

If nothing else: since most illegal aliens are 'brown' Hispanics; any person who looks the part would be at risk irrespective of actual race/ethnicity/legal status.
I agree. I'm fully opposed all illegal immigration but I hope that it never results in any discriminatory ethnic/racial violence. That'll only exacerbate the problem.

In addition, doing so would also give more fuel to the ACLU, MALDEF, La Raza, MEChA, etc. to generalize all anti-illegal activists as "racists/bigots/nativists/xenophobes" which they love doing so much.

Last edited by antireconquista; 02-23-2009 at 12:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or