U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-24-2009, 06:18 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,708,077 times
Reputation: 3010

Advertisements

Face it AZ...until these people learn the difference between someone who LEGALLY emigrates to this country, respecting law and country, and a person who comes into this country in flagrant and blatant violation of U.S. sovereign law--it doesn't matter what you say. They're so clouded by their own self-righteous indignation that it would truly be more productive if you were to just find a brick wall to just run your head into a time or two rather than trying to reason with them.

And probably a lot less painful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-24-2009, 06:22 PM
 
Location: San Diego
2,518 posts, read 1,855,428 times
Reputation: 1298
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Consider the source: typical illegal alien apologist trying to throw down the race card-----------which does not work on me.
Labels and name-calling don't work on me.

I believe only those who are actual criminals...you know, people who directly cause harm to another by robbing, raping, assaulting, killing or maiming them...should be considered "criminals". All criminalizing 10,000,000+ people does is cost us money, and waste valuable government resources that could be better used elsewhere.

Ganging up on me because I'm one of the few people on CD willing to take your abuse (calling me, among other things, a traitor and a criminal for supporting ANY illegal immigrant) in order to put the message across that there's more to this argument than "he's illegal, so he's a criminal" and "yee-haw, we gots to deport all them mecks-see-cans" that you troglodytes love to spew.

How do you people propose we get rid of all the 10,000,000+ illegal immigrants that have been able to get into our country already?

Gestapo like squads going from house to house to determine people's right to be here?

Seriously, HOW WOULD YOU PEOPLE ACTUALLY SUGGEST WE GET RID OF EVERYONE? There is no logical way other than devlovling into a post-Weimar Germany style rage where we force them into ghettoes before putting them on trains out of town...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2009, 06:22 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,854,828 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Never have I seen more emotions expressed than in the ravenous hatred for anything related to people who might possibly be illegal. I've been called treasonous (how a Navy vet who volunteers for municipal youth programs 6 days a week is a traitor is beyond me), and been told I should be deported for simply supporting anything that doesn't treat illegals like Jews in 1936 Germany (before the death camps).

No, it's the trully intellectual ones who look with reason and see the shades of grey in this issue and not just the black and white. Most illegals are needed to make our society function as it does. That cheap produce we buy? It's because farmers pay illegals under the table. Those clean bathrooms at your office? It's because illegals are willing to wipe up a stranger's pee for less than minimum wage. Illegal aliens do not unionize.

Only those who are xenophobic and blinded by hate will see deportation of all illegals and their American-born children as a viable option. Those with logic and intellect on their side will see that prohibition only creates problems, the legalization of all immigration with regulations will be far safer for all of us...and it will generate tax revenue where there was none before.
Weíve beaten this xenophobic, racist, illogical horse to death, so I wonít even address it this time.

We already have immigration laws that arenít being enforced. Why will they suddenly be enforced subsequent to another amnesty? Remember, we were promised that the last amnesty was the final, and our laws would be enforced. How many times should we allow ourselves to be duped?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2009, 06:24 PM
 
Location: DFW
2,262 posts, read 2,702,373 times
Reputation: 1288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Face it AZ...until these people learn the difference between someone who LEGALLY emigrates to this country, respecting law and country, and a person who comes into this country in flagrant and blatant violation of U.S. sovereign law--it doesn't matter what you say. They're so clouded by their own self-righteous indignation that it would truly be more productive if you were to just find a brick wall to just run your head into a time or two rather than trying to reason with them.

And probably a lot less painful.

U.S. sovereignty, pleeeeez...borders are just the products of greedy capitalist pigs who don't wanna "spread the wealth around."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2009, 06:31 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,854,828 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
U.S. sovereignty, pleeeeez...borders are just the products of greedy capitalist pigs who don't wanna "spread the wealth around."
You are joking, aren't you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2009, 06:44 PM
 
Location: San Diego
2,518 posts, read 1,855,428 times
Reputation: 1298
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Speak for yourself, pal.

Outside of illegal immigration and gun rights: I am quite Liberal.

And I live in Arizona where it is still OK to be an American----------unlike today's California.
Since when was it not okay for me to be an American in California?

I'm not hispanic and I have no hispanic relatives, my family goes back 3 generations in this country. I am not, nor have I ever been, discriminated against because I'm an American living in California.

And I don't know if I'd admit to being a liberal here on CD if I were you...that's dangerous territory with some folk here.

I'm libertarian on most every issue, or even "small-government Republican" (Ron Paul style, but not as wacko), so this position on immigration is right in line with the rest of them. I believe we should only waste our time on those criminals who are, you know, actual criminals. ~40% of murders go unsolved in this country, don't you think that by wasting resources raiding migrant farmworkers or janitorial companies, we're contributing to the inefficiency of our law enforecement agencies? The illegal immigrant we need to worry about isn't living with 12 other illegals in a rented apartment in Barrio Logan (the immigrant neighborhood in San Diego downtown) he's living in a mansion in La Jolla, bought through a shell company and living the good life while his underlings murder and transport cocaine, heroin, guns and girls over the border.

I don't think that all immigrants are law-abiding citizens and that they all deserve a pass. I believe that they are only crminals once they commit a crime other than being alive in America. And I believe that once ANYONE commits a real crime, they should be prosecuted for it. But simply wanting a better life is not a crime, and that's what 99% of Illegals are "criminals" in your mind for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2009, 06:45 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,991 posts, read 30,252,700 times
Reputation: 17793
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Labels and name-calling don't work on me.
what?

I believe only those who are actual criminals...you know, people who directly cause harm to another by robbing, raping, assaulting, killing or maiming them...should be considered "criminals". All criminalizing 10,000,000+ people does is cost us money, and waste valuable government resources that could be better used elsewhere. You don't consider ID theft a crime? Give me your credit card number and pin please. Most that come here have swiped either a social # or an identity to enable themselves to work.

Ganging up on me because I'm one of the few people on CD willing to take your abuse (calling me, among other things, a traitor and a criminal for supporting ANY illegal immigrant) in order to put the message across that there's more to this argument than "he's illegal, so he's a criminal" and "yee-haw, we gots to deport all them mecks-see-cans" that you troglodytes love to spew.
Is that like a Trylobyte? Exacty how many Trylobytes do you employ slave owner?

Go ahead, look it up.

How do you people propose we get rid of all the 10,000,000+ illegal immigrants that have been able to get into our country already? Eisenhower already proved it's pretty easy.

Gestapo like squads going from house to house to determine people's right to be here?

Seriously, HOW WOULD YOU PEOPLE ACTUALLY SUGGEST WE GET RID OF EVERYONE? There is no logical way other than devlovling into a post-Weimar Germany style rage where we force them into ghettoes before putting them on trains out of town...
Cutting off social services would be a start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2009, 07:16 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,711,099 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Labels and name-calling don't work on me.

I believe only those who are actual criminals...you know, people who directly cause harm to another by robbing, raping, assaulting, killing or maiming them...should be considered "criminals". All criminalizing 10,000,000+ people does is cost us money, and waste valuable government resources that could be better used elsewhere.

Ganging up on me because I'm one of the few people on CD willing to take your abuse (calling me, among other things, a traitor and a criminal for supporting ANY illegal immigrant) in order to put the message across that there's more to this argument than "he's illegal, so he's a criminal" and "yee-haw, we gots to deport all them mecks-see-cans" that you troglodytes love to spew.

How do you people propose we get rid of all the 10,000,000+ illegal immigrants that have been able to get into our country already?

Gestapo like squads going from house to house to determine people's right to be here?

Seriously, HOW WOULD YOU PEOPLE ACTUALLY SUGGEST WE GET RID OF EVERYONE? There is no logical way other than devlovling into a post-Weimar Germany style rage where we force them into ghettoes before putting them on trains out of town...
Thank you for admitting that you lost the argument------by your resorting to accusations of racism, name calling, etc.

The party is over for the illegal alien apologists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2009, 07:55 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,649,429 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
How does one ďabide by every lawĒ when wages are being paid under the table, thus, no taxes are being withheld? Arenít citizens required to have taxes withheld from their pay? Isnít this tax evasion?

In addition to those paid in cash, the vast majority are using a fake or stolen SSN. Are they also ďabiding by every law?Ē
You're letting your hate cloud your reason. All citizens are required to have taxes withheld, of course. But illegals are not citizens, so they don't fall under that law. You can't evade taxes if you're not taxed..right?

Are they abiding by every law? I don't know...but I'd suspect they're abiding by MOST of them....and they HAVE to steal ID cards and SSN's, because, otherwise, how could they GET them?

You need to lighten up. MOST illegals haven't even ARRIVED here yet...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2009, 11:04 PM
 
Location: Lake Norman, North Carolina
1,213 posts, read 1,401,206 times
Reputation: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6
How do you people propose we get rid of all the 10,000,000+ illegal immigrants that have been able to get into our country already?

Gestapo like squads going from house to house to determine people's right to be here?
You've had quite a series of one sided righteous indignation rants, Lefty.

You mean we can't deport 20+ million illegal Mexican scabs so we have no choice but to give them amnesty? Even the status quo would be infinitely better than an amnesty. There is another option, however. Attrition through self deportation. Tough on illegals laws and tough on the scumbag employers of illegals laws that make it too hard for illegals to stay here. Cost to American taxpayers? Zero.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer
Amnestied illegal Mexicans who worked a mere 6 quarters ILLEGALLY in the US will be able to receive social security under the totalization agreement with Meheko. Uneducated low skilled miminum wage amnestied illegal Mexican scabs are supposed to save social security, since minimum wage earners pay little or no taxes? What a laugh. Amnestied illegal Mexican scabs would get far more back from social security than they would ever pay in. In addition, these low skilled minimum wage amnestied illegal Mexican scabs work bottom feeders jobs and almost all would then legally qualify for every welfare program in existance, BANKRUPTING welfare as we now know it.
Lefty, are you aware that 92% of the apprehensions by the BP at the southern border are Mexican nationals? Wouldn't even someone as biased as you have to agree that that makes the illegal alien invasion an illegal Mexican invasion? Do you know what a scab is Lefty? Someone brought in to break labor. The American scumbag employers of illegal have brought in the illegal Mexican scabs to "break" and undercut low skilled American labor, Lefty. By the way Lefty, did you even bother to read what I said about illegals and social security or the fact that giving amnesty to 20 million future Democratic voters, qualifying most of them for welfare, would bankrupt welfare? No, I thought not. You were just looking for supposed racism weren't you? Oh, and by the way Lefty, an amnesty won't ever stop illegal immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top