U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-24-2009, 10:44 PM
 
953 posts, read 742,467 times
Reputation: 610

Advertisements

Most Americans feel not hatred toward our (especially southern) neighbors---but the frustration of betrayal by our duplicitous leaders, as well as the sting and exasperation of the disrespect and sense of entitlement displayed by illegal aliens on our Nation's soil. Were the roles reversed and Americans poured across our neighbors borders, it would be considered an invasion by those nations. I seriously doubt their citizens, government or social systems would tolerate our illegal presence the way America has (too long), tolerated scofflaws. Yet, we are called racist, inhumanitarian, oppressors, and worse, by the disingenuous who would convince us it is OUR fault, and thus our RESPONSIBILITY, to receive those who will not stand and DEMAND dignity, liberty and opportunity from their own corrupt governances. Instead, they break and enter, and fly their flags, march, demonstrate, and make demands, of their neighbor. This enrages the good and generous citizens of the United States. Our disgust, however, is reserved not for illegal aliens; but for those who betray our Nation; undermine our immigration laws, and defend, support and aid scofflaws, with excuses, porous defense, and subversive attempts to hold a fire-sale of precious citizenship, in exchange for cheap votes and labor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-25-2009, 10:14 AM
 
Location: San Diego
2,518 posts, read 1,846,784 times
Reputation: 1298
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
How dare you insult the memory of the Holocaust by comparing the deportation of illegal aliens to Hitler's Final Solution----------especially factoring in that the Jews in question were German citizens.

You should be ashamed of yourself.
It's the same thing. My family lost dozens of people in the Holocaust so you can't "how dare" me.

Rounding people up and forcing them from the home they've built IS THE EXACT SAME THING.

And plus, if you could read at all, you would have seen that I said "1936" and not "1944"...the 1936 model was ghettoizing and robbing them of their possessions and homes. They didn't start exterminating until later on.

I could have compared it to the internment camps here in the US too...or the raping and pillaging of Native American's lands...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2009, 10:17 AM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,692,325 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
It's the same thing. My family lost dozens of people in the Holocaust so you can't "how dare" me.

Rounding people up and forcing them from the home they've built IS THE EXACT SAME THING.

And plus, if you could read at all, you would have seen that I said "1936" and not "1944"...the 1936 model was ghettoizing and robbing them of their possessions and homes. They didn't start exterminating until later on.

I could have compared it to the internment camps here in the US too...or the raping and pillaging of Native American's lands...
It's exactly the same thing only if six million of those people are gassed to death in a concentration camp.

Geezus, the lengths that you people will go to in order to make the unacceptable acceptable.

Pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2009, 10:21 AM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,620,778 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
It's exactly the same thing only if six million of those people are gassed to death in a concentration camp.

Geezus, the lengths that you people will go to in order to make the unacceptable acceptable.

Pathetic.
I was thinking the same thing..if anyone had lost "dozens of family members" to the gas chambers of a madman, and this was seen as 'no different from evicting trespassers', then that certainly doesn't say much for family unity or respect, does it?

But then again, you have to recall that the same writer suggested my daughter's 6-year long Veterinary degree, plus post-graduate work leading to a Master's, must have included "4 years of sitting in her room smoking weed". Ah, for the art of discussion.

"Auschwitz, we have a problem here".....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2009, 10:22 AM
 
Location: San Diego
2,518 posts, read 1,846,784 times
Reputation: 1298
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Thank you for admitting that you lost the argument------by your resorting to accusations of racism, name calling, etc.

The party is over for the illegal alien apologists.
I certainly didn't lose. I won this one. Anyone with any kind of logic or reason and not just blind hatred of all immigrants would see that.

Tell me I wasn't called a traitor.
Tell me I wasn't called "an apologist" in an effort to insult me.
Tell me I wasn't called a criminal who should be deported for suggesting that we have amnesty.

I proved that you people are blind, and ignorant to economics and government. We have all these immigration laws now and no more money to spend...where do you suggest we get those billions of dollars necessary to not only deport 10,000,000+ people, but to then fill all those crappy jobs with people willing to work for the same meager wages in order to keep us from seeing massive price inflation of necessary goods like fruits and vegetables.

Since you are all soooo smart and know soooo much about the subject, I'd love to hear your explanation as to how this country could "get rid of all the illegals" and not go into financial ruin beyond the ruin we've already been put into by policies pushed forward by all your anti-immigrant representatives who held the majority for 6 of the past 8 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2009, 10:30 AM
 
Location: San Diego
2,518 posts, read 1,846,784 times
Reputation: 1298
[quote=Roguer;7617739]You've had quite a series of one sided righteous indignation rants, Lefty.

You mean we can't deport 20+ million illegal Mexican scabs so we have no choice but to give them amnesty? Even the status quo would be infinitely better than an amnesty. There is another option, however. Attrition through self deportation. Tough on illegals laws and tough on the scumbag employers of illegals laws that make it too hard for illegals to stay here. Cost to American taxpayers? Zero.

Umm, how can you enforce the laws with zero costs? And once those laws are enforced, how do you cover the increase in labor costs that will surely happen when the supply of cheap labor is cut?

Ever hear of Supply and Demand? Probably not, because someone who did would have taken economics and would understand the costs associated with your proposal.

Well, when you eliminate 95% of an industry's labor pool (drive up the 5 in California, and you will not see a single white face amongst the farm laborers), the remaining 5% will see a MASSIVE wage increase. To lure people to work in the fields of Salinas, you would need to increase wages. Well, those increased wages would then affect the price of the goods produced. That would cause inflation. That would be bad for all of us. We benefit a lot more from the low prices that cheap labor brings than we suffer from the costs associated. If you like sandwiches with lettuce or tomatoes, you can thank illegal immigrants for keeping them relatively cheap. If you like a little marinara with your pasta, you can thank illegals for making that bottle so cheap. Prices of many products would surely double if they had nobody to hire except legal citizens. But you people certainly don't understand economics based on all your arguments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2009, 10:33 AM
 
Location: San Diego
32,820 posts, read 30,068,682 times
Reputation: 17698
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
I certainly didn't lose. I won this one. Anyone with any kind of logic or reason and not just blind hatred of all immigrants would see that.

Tell me I wasn't called a traitor.
Tell me I wasn't called "an apologist" in an effort to insult me.
Tell me I wasn't called a criminal who should be deported for suggesting that we have amnesty.

I proved that you people are blind, and ignorant to economics and government. We have all these immigration laws now and no more money to spend...where do you suggest we get those billions of dollars necessary to not only deport 10,000,000+ people, but to then fill all those crappy jobs with people willing to work for the same meager wages in order to keep us from seeing massive price inflation of necessary goods like fruits and vegetables.

Since you are all soooo smart and know soooo much about the subject, I'd love to hear your explanation as to how this country could "get rid of all the illegals" and not go into financial ruin beyond the ruin we've already been put into by policies pushed forward by all your anti-immigrant representatives who held the majority for 6 of the past 8 years.
Eisenhower already proved it can be done with very little expense.

The taking away someone's house that they've built comment almost made me fall out of my chair laughing. They didn't "build" anything, they migrated to it. They switched rooms so to speak.
I've never read something so bizarre. You either pay no taxes, employ scab labor or are so rich you don't care what impact these people have on middle America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2009, 10:33 AM
 
Location: San Diego
2,518 posts, read 1,846,784 times
Reputation: 1298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
It's exactly the same thing only if six million of those people are gassed to death in a concentration camp.

Geezus, the lengths that you people will go to in order to make the unacceptable acceptable.

Pathetic.
No, you're pathetic for not reading. I said 1936! In 1936, the Jews were not being gassed, but being rounded up and blamed for the country's problems. People like you in Germany wanted them out and blamed them for every problem they saw. The violence didn't really start until 1938, and the extermination didn't start until 1941.

So yeah, wanting to round people up and take them from their homes and the lives they've spent years building is no different than Germany circa 1936.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2009, 10:38 AM
 
Location: San Diego
2,518 posts, read 1,846,784 times
Reputation: 1298
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Eisenhower already proved it can be done with very little expense.

The taking away someone's house that they've built comment almost made me fall out of my chair laughing. They didn't "build" anything, they migrated to it. They switched rooms so to speak.
I've never read something so bizarre. You either pay no taxes, employ scab labor or are so rich you don't care what impact these people have on middle America.
I pay taxes, I am not rich (very much middle class), I work in a highly regulated industry and I am a white American with White American parents and White American grandparents.

And you're talking about "Operation W-etback" a highly racist failure of policy that accomplished nothing but furthering the Civil Rights movement.

Quote:
The effort began in California and Arizona, and coordinated 1,075 Border Patrol agents along with state and local police agencies to mount an aggressive crackdown, going as far as police sweeps of Mexican-American neighborhoods and random stops and ID checks of "Mexican-looking" people in a region with many Native Americans and native Hispanics.[3] 750 agents targeted agricultural areas with a goal of 1000 apprehensions a day. By the end of July, over 50,000 immigrants were caught in the two states. Around 488,000 illegal immigrants are claimed to have left voluntarily for fear of being apprehended. By September, 80,000 had been taken into custody in Texas, and the INS estimates that 500,000 to 700,000 had left Texas on their own. To discourage re-entry, buses and trains took many deportees deep within Mexico before releasing them. Tens of thousands more were deported by two chartered ships, the Emancipation and the Mercurio. The ships ferried them from Port Isabel, Texas, to Veracruz, Mexico, more than 500 miles (800 kilometers) to the south. Some were taken as far as 1,000 miles. Deportation by sea was ended after seven deportees jumped overboard from the Mercurio and drowned, provoked a mutiny and leading to a public outcry in Mexico.
Even the name of the program was highly racist.

And my father didn't "build" his home either, but he built the life that enabled him to live in that home. How is that so hard to understand?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2009, 01:38 PM
 
103 posts, read 121,220 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Anyone who thinks otherwise, those who are against this proposal (and who post on these immigration forums quite regularly) all have one thing in common: Anti-Mexican sentiment that could only be classified as bigotry. Observe:







Any doubt now?
I agree 100%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top