U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2009, 11:48 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,583,449 times

Advertisements

I don't know if any of you know about this website but I learned about it today by listening to NPR:

BlueServo

Quote:
What We Do

The Texas Border Sheriff's Coalition (TBSC) has joined BlueServoSM in a public-private partnership to deploy the Virtual Community Watch, an innovative real-time surveillance program designed to empower the public to proactively participate in fighting border crime. The TBSC BlueServoSM Virtual Community WatchSM is a network of cameras and sensors along the Texas-Mexico border that feeds live streaming video to BlueServo. Users will log in to the BlueServoSM website and directly monitor suspicious criminal activity along the border via this virtual fenceSM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 12:43 AM

1,636 posts, read 2,900,558 times
Why don't any of you guys join the real border patrol? They pay pretty good.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:50 AM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,583,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Why don't any of you guys join the real border patrol? They pay pretty good.
They pay pretty well.

I'm actually going to join the border patrol within a few years. No joke. Once I receive my BS in criminal justice I plan on joining them ASAP. I don't think it's a requirement to have a degree but I plan on getting one anyway.

Anyway, any assistance from any of you patriots on the forum is appreciated.

Old 02-24-2009, 01:23 AM

8,062 posts, read 15,878,494 times
The virtual fence has been up for a while in Texas. Early on, they were having technical problems with it. I hope that's all been fixed.

Old 02-24-2009, 01:33 AM

10,716 posts, read 31,058,988 times
It would be an interesting thing to do, to watch the cameras.

However, I wouldn't want to join the REAL boarder patrol because I would then by necessity have to live close to the boarder between the US and Mexico. OR should those pesky Canadians get out of control and start throwing themselves at the boarder, up there in that cold instead. I like where I live.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:39 AM

4,264 posts, read 7,937,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
They pay pretty well.

I'm actually going to join the border patrol within a few years. No joke. Once I receive my BS in criminal justice I plan on joining them ASAP. I don't think it's a requirement to have a degree but I plan on getting one anyway.

Anyway, any assistance from any of you patriots on the forum is appreciated.

Yes, they do pay very well and in today's world there is job security not to mention excellent benefits. Your degree is unnecessary and you would be better served to join now while they are hiring and then finish your degree online. The time to get in was the last 2 yrs when they were doing expedited hiring but they have stopped that and I wouldn't be surprised to see a hiring freeze take place.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:21 PM

14,817 posts, read 18,836,041 times
I don't agree with you guys,
but from the little that I know, you might want to help Arizona instead.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:53 PM

4,264 posts, read 7,937,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I don't agree with you guys,
but from the little that I know, you might want to help Arizona instead.

Would have to agree with you on this. AZ seems to be run over with illegals and the problems they bring. On the news this morning there was a story on how Phoenix has become the kidnapping capital with all the drugs and smugglers from Mexico. I don't hear to much about the Texas border other than what goes on in Juarez. Of course it could be that I am not watching the right newscast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or