U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2009, 03:55 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,894,200 times

Advertisements

ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) -- Immigrants across Maryland are urging state legislators and Gov. Martin O'Malley to retain driver's licenses and provide in-state tuition for all Maryland residents, regardless of immigration status.

Del. Ana Sol Gutierrez said Monday evening in Spanish that she's ready to fight "to the death" to protect access to licenses during an Annapolis rally that attracted hundreds of immigrants.
Maryland is one of five states where motor vehicle officials do not require applicants to prove they are in the country legally before giving out driver's licenses.

WBFF FOX 45 :: Baltimore News

http://dreamact.info/

Somebody forgot to tell them not only is the pot of gold empty, but illegal alien DREAMies need to go home and rally for whatever dreams or rights they believe they are entitled to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 04:07 AM

32,101 posts, read 39,155,933 times
Meanwhile my oldest daughter went out of state to college because the total cost of tuition, etc. was 2/3 that at an in-state state university and neither of the next two kids, in college now, qualify for any academic scholarships even with 3.55 and a 3.95 overall GPAs. Both are considered AP scholars since they scored higher than 3 on at least two AP classes (Psych, English 11, English 12 for one and Physics, Calc AB and Calc BC for the other).

Old 02-24-2009, 05:07 AM

32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times
The demands continue.
I demand they return home. I paid out of state tuition, these people should be paying out of Country tuition at a much higher rate.

Last edited by 1AngryTaxPayer; 02-24-2009 at 05:17 AM..

Old 02-24-2009, 05:31 AM

384 posts, read 850,252 times
In our government's desire to be "humanitarian", "fair", and "equal" we are being swindled out of our culture and our money. One day we will wake up and what we once had will all be gone.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:52 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
This level of arrogance is precisely what infuriates so many. Notice they don’t “request” anything -- they only DEMAND. There is never even a modicum of humility or appreciation for our generosity; they simply feel entitled. How on earth do you enter a country illegally, violate additional laws, and then have the gall to DEMAND rights and privileges as though you are a legal resident?

As a resident of Maryland, I say, “Bring it on!” These ingrates will soon realize we have had enough. We owe them nothing, and nothing is what they will get. Why should they receive in-state tuition in ANY state in this country? Furthermore, why should they pay less than an out-of-state CITIZEN, or a foreign student LEGALLY studying in this country? They don’t even appreciate the K-12 education they are receiving, since most don’t bother to graduate from high school. Yet, they expect the taxpayers to foot another bill for their illegal presence. How can anyone justify this?

Old 02-24-2009, 04:27 PM

22,998 posts, read 31,942,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Meanwhile my oldest daughter went out of state to college because the total cost of tuition, etc. was 2/3 that at an in-state state university and neither of the next two kids, in college now, qualify for any academic scholarships even with 3.55 and a 3.95 overall GPAs. Both are considered AP scholars since they scored higher than 3 on at least two AP classes (Psych, English 11, English 12 for one and Physics, Calc AB and Calc BC for the other).
I've also decided to go to an out-of-state college because VA's rising tuition costs. VA (espically the Northern part) is also being raided by illegals who are making demands. I can't tell you how worried I am about my home state's future.

Your kids make much higher grades than I do and i think it's a shame that your kids dont qualify for scholarships while illegals get big bucks to take American kids out of college. Just look at this past Sunday's Washington Post and see the illegal who is attending Georgetown.

Hopefully MD passes this legal presence bill and get more serious on illegal aliens.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:50 PM

2,262 posts, read 2,690,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) -- Immigrants across Maryland are urging state legislators and Gov. Martin O'Malley to retain driver's licenses and provide in-state tuition for all Maryland residents, regardless of immigration status.

Del. Ana Sol Gutierrez said Monday evening in Spanish that she's ready to fight "to the death" to protect access to licenses during an Annapolis rally that attracted hundreds of immigrants.
Maryland is one of five states where motor vehicle officials do not require applicants to prove they are in the country legally before giving out driver's licenses.

WBFF FOX 45 :: Baltimore News

Welcome to the DREAM Act Portal | DREAM Act Portal

Somebody forgot to tell them not only is the pot of gold empty, but illegal alien DREAMies need to go home and rally for whatever dreams or rights they believe they are entitled to.
I can't believe any of this crap. I remember watching Chelsea Clinton give a q and a session at my school. When she was talking about the Dream Act...I tried to hold down regurgitation coming up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or