Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 05:58 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times

Advertisements

I grew up undocumented here with my family. My heart dropped if my parents called me to say they had been involved in a minor traffic incident or pulled over by police. We understood that the simplest interaction with the police could potentially lead to detainment and possible deportation. And my family would be split apart.

Despite Promises, Florida Police Are Acting Like Immigration Agents And Separating Families | HuffPost

If you're so scared about being deported: just go HOME. Ok? Sheesh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2017, 06:01 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
No need for the family to be separated just return together to their homeland, family intact.

Old 07-07-2017, 06:59 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No need for the family to be separated just return together to their homeland, family intact.
Exactly right. They can leave on their own and avoid a messy situation with the police all together.

Old 07-07-2017, 09:16 AM

2,624 posts, read 7,259,689 times
The possibility of being separated from one's family is a risk that folks take when they break the law. However, the bigger issue is the local police in Florida acting as "immigration agents." The recently filed Creedle v. Gimenez lawsuit might clarify things there.

Old 07-07-2017, 09:38 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Exactly right. They can leave on their own and avoid a messy situation with the police all together.
I feel they are very fortunate in being able to do that, just clean up the mess they have made for themselves and their families.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah K View Post
The possibility of being separated from one's family is a risk that folks take when they break the law. However, the bigger issue is the local police in Florida acting as "immigration agents." The recently filed Creedle v. Gimenez lawsuit might clarify things there.
I admit I only read parts of this, but it involved a legal citizen of the US, not an illegal alien. The case sighted in the OP had broken the law and when running the check on him, it was discovered he was illegal and they put an ICE detainer on him. When someone breaks the law, they run them through the computer system. ICE asks for the detainer. I just don't see the issue. Over 80% of them if released don't show up for their hearings.

Lawless people should be spending time looking over their shoulder, and they darn well know the solution and are lucky to have one where they simply load up the family, including the anchor babies we are supporting, and GO "home".

I love (know I don't throw that word around casually) these stories being in the news, it puts them on notice!

Old 07-07-2017, 08:36 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
What's the big deal about separating families? A Brazilian co-worker was just fine with leaving her daughter to be raised by the grandmother in Brazil for many years until she could send for her. No emotional trauma with that situation. And all the immigrants I work with have plenty of close family in their home countries that they go back to visit once a year. It's just their way of life.

Old 07-08-2017, 07:03 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
What's the big deal about separating families? A Brazilian co-worker was just fine with leaving her daughter to be raised by the grandmother in Brazil for many years until she could send for her. No emotional trauma with that situation. And all the immigrants I work with have plenty of close family in their home countries that they go back to visit once a year. It's just their way of life.
As you know, there is no big deal. They are just using this to try to get over with their lawlessness.

We have over a million children separated from their parents in the USA as their parents broke the law and went to prison.

Old 07-09-2017, 09:12 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Many Florida counties surrounding where we live have cops who support this President and will honor the laws on the books for which they have sworn in to honor.

Old 07-09-2017, 10:25 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,254,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Many Florida counties surrounding where we live have cops who support this President and will honor the laws on the books for which they have sworn in to honor.

Why this forum limits the ability to thank/agree with a poster is beyond me, thus maybe time we all flood the forum with whenever we want to show our appreciation for members posts.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:16 AM

6,224 posts, read 3,408,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Hundreds of not thousands of Mexicans and Central American men leave their families/children and come to the US and start a new family here, and now they and open border morons are whining about it.... about they are being separated from their families. I find it hypocritical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration