U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 06:18 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 24 days ago)

9,060 posts, read 15,470,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
If someone accused me of being prejudiced against illegal aliens irrespective of actual race/ethnicity---------I would say that individual was 100% correct.

That stated: legal immigrants (aliens as per US government gudelines) are welcome here in the USA as far as I am concerned----------Mexicans and everybody else
I don't understand, why you are so racist AZBear, you horrible racist meany poo poo pants
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2009, 06:38 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,070,242 times
it wasnt humor. it was sarcasm.

still lost i see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Sometimes "not funny" is just that, not funny. You were as tactful as farting in a bus.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:46 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Wow, that's a lot to notice on observation alone.

I don't buy the frequent attempts to pit Hispanics against Blacks. I don't buy it at all, and I don't understand why mostly White anti-illegals will try to push that issue so much. And they don't just push illegals vs Blacks. It's always Hispanics vs. Blacks.

Well, I actually do know why, but I won't go into it.
I know why too. I've met Puerto Ricans who were obviously black (mixed) who were very racist against blacks which makes no sense but it's there.

A lot of the attitudes are brought with hispanics from the countries they're arriving from. There is a problem in some cities especially in California it seems where the new arrivals don't accept the people who are already living there.

It always irritates me when immigrants (it's not just hispanics) make racist comments against any Americans -- did they not realize the USA is a multi-racial nation when they decided to pack up and move here?

Old 02-28-2009, 12:52 AM

2,381 posts, read 4,410,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I know why too. I've met Puerto Ricans who were obviously black (mixed) who were very racist against blacks which makes no sense but it's there.

A lot of the attitudes are brought with hispanics from the countries they're arriving from. There is a problem in some cities especially in California it seems where the new arrivals don't accept the people who are already living there.

It always irritates me when immigrants (it's not just hispanics) make racist comments against any Americans -- did they not realize the USA is a multi-racial nation when they decided to pack up and move here?
Obviously you are clueless too.

While I agree that some immigrants come here with their preconceptions of Americans, some Americans do the same. It goes both ways. They think Latinos are racist, rapists, criminals, thieves, etc. and this forum is full of it.

Racist immigrants in California? Last time I checked, California ranked #1 with the most racist hate groups (88) against people of color.

Growing hate groups blame Obama, economy - CNN.com

This is your answer^^^- as to why some Caucasian Americans like to pit Latinos vs. African Americans. Not to mention that while it is very true that Latinos are prefered for jobs and Blacks are discriminated, it is almost always the Caucasians doing the picking.

I worked with this older Caucasian whom I helped do job interviews and select employees for his business. 95% of his employees were Mexican, 5% where the few Caucasians that accepted a lower paying job but still higher than the rest of his Mexican employees. He would never hire African Americans even when they were much more qualified and had no convictions.

I would always bring up the issue and why he was not hiring Blacks. He would always say that he could not afford them and that they complained too much. What a lie. It is cheaper to pay for a Mexican, even if he is legal, than to pay for an African American. It is easier to abuse an immigrant than it is to abuse an African American. African Americans know their rights and will not tolerate abuse.

This is not to say that there are no non-racist Caucasian Americans, I have met many whom I'm very close to. Unfortunately, this is reality.

Old 02-28-2009, 12:55 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,415,357 times
new orleans was rebuilt by mexican labor. the contruction hiring centers did not have long lines of black and white applicants.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:00 AM

567 posts, read 1,318,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Obviously you are clueless too.

While I agree that some immigrants come here with their preconceptions of Americans, some Americans do the same. It goes both ways. They think Latinos are racist, rapists, criminals, thieves, etc. and this forum is full of it.

Racist immigrants in California? Last time I checked, California ranked #1 with the most racist hate groups (88) against people of color.

Growing hate groups blame Obama, economy - CNN.com

This is your answer^^^- as to why some Caucasian Americans like to pit Latinos vs. African Americans. Not to mention that while it is very true that Latinos are prefered for jobs and Blacks are discriminated, it is almost always the Caucasians doing the picking.

I worked with this older Caucasian whom I helped do job interviews and select employees for his business. 95% of his employees were Mexican, 5% where the few Caucasians that accepted a lower paying job but still higher than the rest of his Mexican employees. He would never hire African Americans even when they were much more qualified and had no convictions.

I would always bring up the issue and why he was not hiring Blacks. He would always say that he could not afford them and that they complained too much. What a lie. It is cheaper to pay for a Mexican, even if he is legal, than to pay for an African American. It is easier to abuse an immigrant than it is to abuse an African American. African Americans know their rights and will not tolerate abuse.

This is not to say that there are no non-racist Caucasian Americans, I have met many whom I'm very close to. Unfortunately, this is reality.

CNN two part special Black in America highlighted this problem.
I can't wait until they air Black in America 2 this July.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:01 AM

567 posts, read 1,318,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
new orleans was rebuilt by mexican labor. the contruction hiring centers did not have long lines of black and white applicants.

They were all in Houston.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mental_complex View Post
CNN two part special Black in America highlighted this problem.
I can't wait until they air Black in America 2 this July.
At least they are open about it now. Hate groups were very much protected and kept in secret. No one wanted to talk about it or admit that they existed it.

When I was in college, the KKK was permitted to march and protest. The school administration said their freedom of speach was protected as long as they did not act on it.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
I've read about that and how it was allowed to hire undocumented (Mexicans) immigrants to rebuild New Orleans because it was cheaper to pay for their labor.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mental_complex View Post
They were all in Houston.
By the time they were rebuiding, many had returned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or