U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-28-2009, 05:28 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
At least they are open about it now. Hate groups were very much protected and kept in secret. No one wanted to talk about it or admit that they existed it.

When I was in college, the KKK was permitted to march and protest. The school administration said their freedom of speach was protected as long as they did not act on it.
Since MEChA is allowed to spew its ethnocentric pro Aztlan trash on campus; by rights the KKK would have that same 'right'-----------I see no difference between the two groups and would prefer to see both of them banned for obvious reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-28-2009, 07:37 AM
 
2,381 posts, read 4,409,314 times
Reputation: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Since MEChA is allowed to spew its ethnocentric pro Aztlan trash on campus; by rights the KKK would have that same 'right'-----------I see no difference between the two groups and would prefer to see both of them banned for obvious reasons.
I agree with you, both should be banned. However back in my time, when Mecha would march it was for fair working conditions for those in agriculture. It was none of this racist stuff you hear about now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2009, 11:05 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I agree with you, both should be banned. However back in my time, when Mecha would march it was for fair working conditions for those in agriculture. It was none of this racist stuff you hear about now.
If you were referring to the Cesar Chavez era (who; BTW, was known for calling the old INS [now ICE] against illegal aliens)...........I understand your point. Chavez was in favor of proper working conditions for Americans and green card holders
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2009, 01:40 PM
 
2,381 posts, read 4,409,314 times
Reputation: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
If you were referring to the Cesar Chavez era (who; BTW, was known for calling the old INS [now ICE] against illegal aliens)...........I understand your point. Chavez was in favor of proper working conditions for Americans and green card holders
I marched with Cesar Chavez and I was never aware of this. Any how, are you implying that when in favor of amnesty, you are a racist... Therefore Mecha should be banned? Isn't this a double standard? In my opinion, if you are a pro or against amnesty, it does not make you a racist. It is simply your position on the issue. However if you use it as an excuse to put down a specific group of people, then it is prejudice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2009, 01:50 PM
 
32 posts, read 40,841 times
Reputation: 32
When it comes to jobs, illegal aliens are disproportionately impacting blacks, hispanics, and legal immigrants.

Impacts of Illegal Immigration: Jobs

The politicians and MSM won't give a damn until they start taking their jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2009, 02:57 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I marched with Cesar Chavez and I was never aware of this. Any how, are you implying that when in favor of amnesty, you are a racist... Therefore Mecha should be banned? Isn't this a double standard? In my opinion, if you are a pro or against amnesty, it does not make you a racist. It is simply your position on the issue. However if you use it as an excuse to put down a specific group of people, then it is prejudice.
I am prejudiced against illegal aliens (because virtually all of them are criminals) regardless of their heritage/skin color.

Legal immigrants I am OK with...........again; what their background is means little to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2009, 12:00 AM
 
2,381 posts, read 4,409,314 times
Reputation: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I am prejudiced against illegal aliens (because virtually all of them are criminals) regardless of their heritage/skin color.

Legal immigrants I am OK with...........again; what their background is means little to me.
I understand that and I dont really care what your position on the issue is. I'm refering to you thinking that a group of people..."Mecha" that is in support of the issue, would be a racist organization.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2009, 12:05 AM
 
Location: southern california
55,237 posts, read 72,402,860 times
Reputation: 47449
my understanding of unemployment is if you want a job but there are none available.
many people in the united states black and white are not looking for employment nor were they.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 03-01-2009 at 12:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2009, 06:26 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I understand that and I dont really care what your position on the issue is. I'm refering to you thinking that a group of people..."Mecha" that is in support of the issue, would be a racist organization.
IMHO: MEChA is racist............although it seems that, unlike the KKK, MEChA prefers a certain 'color' of Mestizo------------regular Blacks, Whites and Asians/Indians need not apply. Although the irony is that a 'brown' Latino is usually not accepted by the Spanish-------never mind that both would be counted as Hispanic here in the USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2009, 10:05 PM
 
2,381 posts, read 4,409,314 times
Reputation: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
IMHO: MEChA is racist............although it seems that, unlike the KKK, MEChA prefers a certain 'color' of Mestizo------------regular Blacks, Whites and Asians/Indians need not apply. Although the irony is that a 'brown' Latino is usually not accepted by the Spanish-------never mind that both would be counted as Hispanic here in the USA.
Now I know we are on the same page.

You know I dont think that its the color thing that makes them racist. When I was in high school, I was invited to their organization which I accepted out of curiosity, not to mention they were recruiting students for college. I simply did not agree with some of their objectives. For one, I dont believe in that whole "reconquista" of the west. I also dont believe in forming our own community i.e. buying, selling, indigenous educational system, etc. This part is the racist part I dont accept.

As far as the color thing, I just think they are confused, rejection of their own Spanish blood or may not have any connection with Mexico so they dont know that Mexico is very diverse. I met a lady, who was 3rd generation Mexican-American and was confused about her identity. She would say she was half Spanish and half Mexican when in fact she did not know she was a Mestiza from Mexican ancestry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top