U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 10:35 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,874,837 times

Advertisements

L.A. county has been pushing Heapatis testing for some time; B, also A and C. They are encouraging Hep. B vaciine.
The great increase of Ecoli illness from produce is troubling. Years ago there was strawberries contaminated from Ecoli that went to San Diego schools, and this Ecoli due to poor Mexican workers in Mexico who picked strawberries. They are used to going to the bathroom in the fields, they admit it, this contaminates produce. In U.S. we've had so many Ecoli outbreaks as illegals have increased picking of produce, I would suspect that these workers/companies are being more controlled by law enforcement now. The last big Ecoli spinach outbreak across the nation they said was due to cow manure in a next door field. The media/government is so pro-illegal in Ca., and trying hard to put a lid on anything 'anti-illegal'... I now wonder about the source of that outbreak.

There are serious sanitation problems in areas where illegals are or work, and many of these illegals were given amnesty in the 80's and still have the same hygiene methods brought from Mexico and other S. American countries. Maybe some now use better hygiene living in the U.S., while many remain the same.
These poor of S. America/Mexico (third world countries) and how they are used to living is not how Americans are used to living. While they are immune to dysentary (unsanitary conditions), Americans are not immune. S. America brings tuberculosis, hepatitis, Ecoli forms, etc. with them either from home country or from their hygiene practices over here causing disease. I think TB has lessened now, while just a few years ago it was still rampant (from S. American illegals), and many many of us in medical field are positive for TB but most do not have the TB disease of course.

L.A. county officials called a downtown produce distributor 'Third World Country conditions', and this produce went to thousands of restaurants and markets in S. Calif. NBC caught deplorable conditions on camera: Latinos: men urinating next to produce boxes, water testing positive for several diseases was sprayed on all produce, rats running rampant and eating produce. These workers and were warned by county officials that they should clean up because NBC would be there the next week....all on video.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2007, 08:48 AM

989 posts, read 5,325,289 times
Back in school, my classmates would "politically incorrectly" or supremacistly call them, "Dirty Me****ns."

But I don't hear those terms very often today.

Old 03-20-2007, 09:17 AM

1,393 posts, read 869,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
L.A. county has been pushing Heapatis testing for some time; B, also A and C. They are encouraging Hep. B vaciine.
The great increase of Ecoli illness from produce is troubling. Years ago there was strawberries contaminated from Ecoli that went to San Diego schools, and this Ecoli due to poor Mexican workers in Mexico who picked strawberries. They are used to going to the bathroom in the fields, they admit it, this contaminates produce. In U.S. we've had so many Ecoli outbreaks as illegals have increased picking of produce, I would suspect that these workers/companies are being more controlled by law enforcement now. The last big Ecoli spinach outbreak across the nation they said was due to cow manure in a next door field. The media/government is so pro-illegal in Ca., and trying hard to put a lid on anything 'anti-illegal'... I now wonder about the source of that outbreak.

There are serious sanitation problems in areas where illegals are or work, and many of these illegals were given amnesty in the 80's and still have the same hygiene methods brought from Mexico and other S. American countries. Maybe some now use better hygiene living in the U.S., while many remain the same.
These poor of S. America/Mexico (third world countries) and how they are used to living is not how Americans are used to living. While they are immune to dysentary (unsanitary conditions), Americans are not immune. S. America brings tuberculosis, hepatitis, Ecoli forms, etc. with them either from home country or from their hygiene practices over here causing disease. I think TB has lessened now, while just a few years ago it was still rampant (from S. American illegals), and many many of us in medical field are positive for TB but most do not have the TB disease of course.

L.A. county officials called a downtown produce distributor 'Third World Country conditions', and this produce went to thousands of restaurants and markets in S. Calif. NBC caught deplorable conditions on camera: Latinos: men urinating next to produce boxes, water testing positive for several diseases was sprayed on all produce, rats running rampant and eating produce. These workers and were warned by county officials that they should clean up because NBC would be there the next week....all on video.
This is SICK!!!!!!! Whats it going to take to stop it?????

Old 03-20-2007, 09:24 AM

6,739 posts, read 8,540,895 times
Ewwww. Totally gross.

Old 03-22-2007, 08:18 PM

1,459 posts, read 4,040,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post

And we wonder why we have a problem with lots of foods now days making people sick and being recalled. All one needs to do is look around and see who is a big percentage (mexicans) that work in the food industry. I've witnessed some of this during my years in the trucking business hauling produce from south west Texas. In those produce shed along the border these people are extremely nasty.

Old 06-20-2007, 03:43 AM

1 posts, read 6,207 times
The very best way to test the waters in an open market vend is to see if the locals buy and eat there if you can.
If so then it's most likely all good and all.

Old 06-20-2007, 05:23 AM

1,735 posts, read 4,137,264 times
In a local seafood restaurant was shut down this week due to a food poisoning where one person died. It turns out that a goat was slaughtered in the kitchen after hours. The details are not clear, but they suspect they used the same utensils to prepare food after they were used on the goat.

As usual the workers were Mexican, they used “interpreters” to interview them and they haven’t released if they were “illegal”.

Now the restaurant is closed “indefinitely”. Now they face not only a restaurant that will probably never be opened again, but the law suits are going to bury them. I wonder if this restaurant owner still thinks it was worth it to hire cheap labor.
This should serve as a wake up call to all restaurant owners that they could be next.

Old 06-20-2007, 06:00 AM

52 posts, read 119,302 times
The National Center for Infection Diseases (NCID) states that infections diseases are a continuing danger to everyone in the US. SARS, malaria, TB and other bacterial pneumonia are now appearing in forms resistant to drug treatment. TB is a significant problem among foreign-born persons in the US with foreign-born persona accounting for 53 percent of the 14,874 US cases in 2005. Of these, 26 percent of the cases were from Mexico.

Typhoid fever, according to the CDC, is a life-threatening illness and is common in developing areas of Asia, Africa, Latin America and Mexico. It is the result of unsanitary conditions.

Researchers have determined that recent outbreaks of typhoid have been attributed to food handlers who had recently immigrated from countries where the disease is common. The CDC estimates that there are some 2,000 typhoid carriers present in the US at any given time. (there is no data on how many are illegal)

Old 06-20-2007, 11:13 AM

2,432 posts, read 6,003,968 times
I've walked out of more than a few fast food restaurants. I don't recommend eating in one at all, but if you do be sure and look over the cashiers shoulders into the kitchen. Sometimes those places are filthy. And sometimes the people are as well.

Old 06-20-2007, 01:04 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,874,837 times
Oh yes, when I go to fast food places I see employees not wearing gloves when handling food. I see them coming out of bathrooms, are they going to wash hands like a nurse is trained to? The L.A. produce distributor caught on camera had employees who did not wash their hands in restrooms, also broken faucets. It was recently aired on NBC Dateline show.

One of the cleanest and best restaurants in L.A., Soup Plantation, where I have never seen cleaner produce, triple washed and perfect, had to close it's one of it's restaurants recently when ecoli was found twice in different types of food on different days, making people sick. They never found the source. This all says that source was a worker in the restaurant. I see all employees are wearing gloves now, didn't notice if they were before outbreak occurred.

Last edited by faith10; 06-20-2007 at 01:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or