U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 11:30 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,874,628 times

Advertisements

Besides illegals putting Americans in the poor house, L.A. Times details the trial of all those, the truck driver and smugglers... that contributed to all those illegal immigrants dying in big truck, including a poor 5 year old boy. It made me sick. 75 or so illegals riding in air tight truck without frigeration on hot day to smother, dehydrate, heat stroke, and almost two dozen died. So many have died in the desert as well. The illegals do not come here starving skeletons, so are not refugees. They do not know what they are getting into. They should think of their children's right to life and their families before risking lives, they are thinking about the America Dream only. Reminds me of the Gonzales boy in Cuba, whose mother took him away from his father and it was a miracle the boy was not drowned with her. It was better for this boy in Cuba where he has a normal life with family, and away from the dangers of America, like illegal drugs.

Tell the illegals it's better to be poor in Mexico while still able to eat, than to come to a country that has so many problems, now. Tell illegals to wait and protest in Mexico for 'change'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2007, 08:11 AM

451 posts, read 1,015,882 times
The Mexicans will not protest their corrupt government. The Mexicans are afraid of the repercussions if they were to protest their corrupt government. The Mexican people know that the American government is full of spineless wussy's. The whole world knows this. There is not one country in this world that fears America. The weak minded citizens and government officials have turned America into a joke that the rest of the world pokes with a stick. They know all America will do is say "if you stop we will give you millions"

It just bothers me to no end to think of the changes the Mexican people could be making in Mexico. There is not one reason Mexico should be in the state that itís currently in. Just think if all the Legal and Illegal Mexican Immigrants currently residing here in the U.S. would get together and go down to Mexico to protest their corrupt government the changes that would be made. That is what are cowardly politicians should be doing: Helping the legal and illegal Mexican population to take over corrupt and tyrannical government officials in Mexico.

The Mexicans have figured out that it is easier to illegally enter the United States to be free. The Mexicans choose the easy way out. The cowardly way if you were to ask me.

Old 03-20-2007, 11:06 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,874,628 times
I agree the 'whole world knows it', and our weak minded citizens and 'government' had better stand up soon. The Mexican citizens did get out by the millions to try to get their liberal man elected president, and too bad they can't do more protesting for change on a regular basis. There is no reason as you said that Mexico should be in the state it's in....U.S. helping them for many years, Nafta, their oil, Mexicans here sending home 1.6 billion per year. The rich down there are taking the money no doubt. Nafta created a big signal to their poor to come over here, just like Ross Perot said it would. Their presidents have greatly encouraged them to come here and Fox said he would match their monies sent home to Mexico. The corruption in Mexico has been very bad forever, unbelievable police dept. practices in Mexico I've seen and direct knowledge of, and YES get Mexico government corruption officials out and throw them into Mexican jails. Big business is far more important to U.S. government than it's citizens, it's clear.

Old 03-21-2007, 12:53 PM

238 posts, read 131,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chloedog View Post
The Mexicans will not protest their corrupt government. The Mexicans are afraid of the repercussions if they were to protest their corrupt government. The Mexican people know that the American government is full of spineless wussy's. The whole world knows this. There is not one country in this world that fears America. The weak minded citizens and government officials have turned America into a joke that the rest of the world pokes with a stick. They know all America will do is say "if you stop we will give you millions"

It just bothers me to no end to think of the changes the Mexican people could be making in Mexico. There is not one reason Mexico should be in the state that itís currently in. Just think if all the Legal and Illegal Mexican Immigrants currently residing here in the U.S. would get together and go down to Mexico to protest their corrupt government the changes that would be made. That is what are cowardly politicians should be doing: Helping the legal and illegal Mexican population to take over corrupt and tyrannical government officials in Mexico.

The Mexicans have figured out that it is easier to illegally enter the United States to be free. The Mexicans choose the easy way out. The cowardly way if you were to ask me.

Spoken like a man with all the facts in front of him. He must 'have walked in their shoes' to be so absolute with his words. ...

Old 03-21-2007, 09:29 PM

451 posts, read 1,015,882 times
I do not walk in the shoes of a criminal nor do I want to.

Old 03-22-2007, 06:55 PM

1,210 posts, read 1,035,945 times
[quote=faith10;475721]Besides illegals putting Americans in the poor house, L.A. Times details the trial of all those, the truck driver and smugglers... that contributed to all those illegal immigrants dying in big truck, including a poor 5 year old boy. It made me sick. 75 or so illegals riding in air tight truck without frigeration on hot day to smother, dehydrate, heat stroke, and almost two dozen died. So many have died in the desert as well. The illegals do not come here starving skeletons, so are not refugees. They do not know what they are getting into. They should think of their children's right to life and their families before risking lives, they are thinking about the America Dream only. Reminds me of the Gonzales boy in Cuba, whose mother took him away from his father and it was a miracle the boy was not drowned with her. It was better for this boy in Cuba where he has a normal life with family, and away from the dangers of America, like illegal drugs.

Maybe they would be better off if they stay where they belong.

Old 03-22-2007, 07:27 PM

354 posts, read 761,717 times
I've always wondered what Mexico's situation would be like today had American businesses sought more actively manufacturing and trade opportunities in Mexico instead of China, India, and other third world nations.

Would Mexico be in the poor house if American businesses did as much business with her as they do with equally cheap labor in China? I guess we'll never know.

Old 03-24-2007, 11:13 AM

1,431 posts, read 3,570,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountianboomer View Post
Spoken like a man with all the facts in front of him. He must 'have walked in their shoes' to be so absolute with his words. ...
What is your deal?? I dont have to walk in anyones shoes to know facts.

Please, I have asked this from any pro-illegal poster on this forum to open up your own thread and state your reasons and sources for your support of illegal aliens. Not once has anyone done this. All I ever see is cheap shots and baseless opinions.

Old 03-24-2007, 11:51 AM

340 posts, read 669,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_native View Post
What is your deal?? I dont have to walk in anyones shoes to know facts.

Please, I have asked this from any pro-illegal poster on this forum to open up your own thread and state your reasons and sources for your support of illegal aliens. Not once has anyone done this. All I ever see is cheap shots and baseless opinions.

That is all you will ever see.. How do you defend the undefendable.. People seem unable to comprehend Legal vs. Illegal...

Old 05-06-2009, 07:55 AM

19 posts, read 51,570 times
I KNOW WHAT WILL FIX IT ALL!!!! SUPPORT THE "CALIFORNIA TAXPAYER PROTECTION ACT 2010" Go To This Website And Send Your Volunteer info in The "Contact us" Section And You Can Ask All The Questions You Want.

The Website is Taxpayer Revolution - Sponsoring California Taxpayer Protection Act 2010 - Home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or