U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 08:42 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,827,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
If you have any evidence that illegal immigrants voted in the last election, please present it.

Btw, i really like that cute nickname you've given me...i have been told by the ladies that i have really "dreamy" eyes.
C’mon, you can do better than that. I stated a fact. Illegal aliens are ineligible to work in this country, but they ignore our laws and are employed. Why would you believe they would obey a pesky little voting regulation? In particular, when all they have to do is “affirm” they are a U.S. citizen by signing on the dotted line on Motor Voter forms in states issuing driver’s licenses to illegals, such as Maryland. The info isn't verified.

I have no issue with anyone’s sexual orientation. If you like girls, that's your business. I didn’t give you the nickname, DAP did. You know that.

Last edited by Benicar; 02-26-2009 at 08:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 08:50 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,905,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04
If you have any evidence that illegal immigrants voted in the last election, please present it.

Quote:
A recent report shows 80,000 Chicago illegals registered to vote: “But won’t show up at jury summons,” wrote Mark Burkhalter, for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution (http://www.ajc.com/opinion/content/opinion/stories/2008/07/15/votinged.html - broken link) newspaper published on: 07/15/08. Chicago features 2.1 million illegal aliens within Richard Daley’s “Sanctuary City.” Cities such as Los Angeles, with upwards of 3.1 million illegal aliens, feature even more voters swinging the vote for the presidency.
Quote:
David Simcox, “How many non-citizen voters?” in the Social Contract, summer 2008, Vol. XVIII, No. 4, thesocialcontract.com (http://www.newswithviews.com/Wooldridge/www.thesocialcontract.com - broken link), said, “…non-citizen voters in 1996 provided the narrow winning margin in Democrat Loretta Sanchez’s upset of long-time incumbent Republican Bob Dornan in California’s 47th Congressional district in Orange County. They believe that the incident was not isolated and that it presaged a growing threat to good government in general.”
http://www.newswithviews.com/Wooldridge/frosty405.htm

Quote:
As an attorney in private practice, Obama was part of a team representing ACORN in seeking to force the state to implement the National Voter Law of 1993, the federal "motor voter" registration law.] The June 5, 1995, decision by the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in the case, Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN), et al., v. [then-Illinois Gov.] James R. Edgar et al., affirmed with modifications the lower court's judgment in favor of the plaintiff-appellees including ACORN, the United States of America (represented by the Justice Department), the League of Women Voters of Illinois, and LULAC. The 7th Circuit's decision identifies Obama as counsel representing ACORN.
http://mediamatters.org/items/200810150003
Not only did they vote for Obama in the recent presidential election, here's proof that they voted in prior elections as well. In the future you should be careful what you ask for . . . .

Old 02-26-2009, 08:57 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,827,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post

Not only did they vote for Obama in the recent presidential election, here's proof that they voted in prior elections as well. In the future you should be careful what you ask for . . . .
Thank you! All she had to do was Google.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:12 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,796,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post

WOW, what proof? The only thing you provided were opinion articles.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:13 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,796,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Thank you! All she had to do was Google.
I am a he not a she.

Old 02-27-2009, 04:30 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,905,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
i am a he not a she.
*rim shot*

Old 03-01-2009, 09:20 PM

608 posts, read 792,077 times
I'm a reasonable person that's willing to hear out anyone's views on any topic. I send this message particularly to blackknight, although it could pertain to anyone that supports illegal immigration in general. I am curious why you chose to go to bat for a group of people that unlawfully entered the USA, have stolen employment from US citizens, have diminished the education system in our nation, have brought disease, crime, and increased poverty to our nation, and have burdened the US taxpayer with their health and childbearing costs. How or why do you choose to support a group of people that disrespect the very laws of our land, chose to refuse to become a part of our customs, culture, or language? I'm perplexed by this notion and would like to know these answers in an intelligent manner. I'm not out to throw stones here, but I just can't see your point of view.

Last edited by catfishing; 03-01-2009 at 10:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or