U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2009, 05:30 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,903,628 times

Advertisements

Reyes is accused of raping and strangling Melanie Goodwin in September 2007 and then burning her body outside a Carrollton office building. He has been charged with capital murder. The prosecution rested its case today after four days of testimony.

The Goodwin family cremated their daughter. “I couldn’t bury her in that condition,” Peggy Goodwin said.

www.dallasnews.com (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/022709dnmetgoodwin.6cc12de.html - broken link)

It's time for these criminals to die the same way that they kill Americans. He should be taken from the courtroom to a creamtory and promptly disposed of.

Old 02-26-2009, 05:47 PM

608 posts, read 881,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Reyes is accused of raping and strangling Melanie Goodwin in September 2007 and then burning her body outside a Carrollton office building. He has been charged with capital murder. The prosecution rested its case today after four days of testimony.

The Goodwin family cremated their daughter. “I couldn’t bury her in that condition,” Peggy Goodwin said.

www.dallasnews.com (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/022709dnmetgoodwin.6cc12de.html - broken link)

It's time for these criminals to die the same way that they kill Americans. He should be taken from the courtroom to a creamtory and promptly disposed of.
This is a horrible crime hands down. The criminal is a legal immigrant. Are you saying legal immigration should be stopped due to situations like this?

Quote:
Reyes, a legal Mexican immigrant, fled to Mexico after Melanie Goodwin’s death. Prosecutors agreed not to seek the death penalty in exchange for his return to the United States.
div#article_tools_bottom a{ font-size:9px;}

Old 02-26-2009, 05:48 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,900,558 times
Quote:

If by criminals, you mean people who commit crimes like these, then yeah, I agree.
It's a messed up world out there. Unfortunately, it's something that really can't be fenced out.
There's a lot of monsters out there, and you always gotta watch your back.
Wish it could be easy to narrow down all the monsters to a group, but it just can't be done.

Old 02-26-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonCynic View Post
This is a horrible crime hands down. The criminal is a legal immigrant. Are you saying legal immigration should be stopped due to situations like this?

div#article_tools_bottom a{ font-size:9px;}
I don't care if he's a legal immigrant or not. Additionally, I would appreciate it if you would stop putting words in my mouth. Go back and read my post. If you care to discuss WHAT I ACTUALLY SAID, fine, otherwise stop with the twisting my words to suit your needs bull s. . .

Last edited by JDubsMom; 02-26-2009 at 06:03 PM..

Old 02-26-2009, 05:58 PM

Quote:
I don't care if he's a legal immigrant or not. Additionally, I would appreciate it if you would stop putting words in my mouth. Go back and read my post. If you care to discuss WHAT I ACTUALLY SAID, fine, otherwise just stop with the twisting my words to suit your needs bull s. . .
Um calm down. I just asked a question. Remember, email and posting has no emotion. I didn't even add a smiley emotion or add any sarcasm. It was an honest question.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Um calm down. I just asked a question. Remember, email and posting has no emotion. I didn't even add a smiley emotion or add any sarcasm. It was an honest question.
I am calm. If you could actually see through your computer screen like you are pretending to do in this instance, you'd know that now wouldn't you? Additionally, since you don't sign my paycheck, I suggest you refrain from thinking you can tell me what to do.

You did not ask an honest question, simply put, you deliberately twisted my words to suit your needs. Your pretense of innocence is wasted on me.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:22 PM

Quote:
I am calm. If you could actually see through your computer screen like you are pretending to do in this instance, you'd know that now wouldn't you? Additionally, since you don't sign my paycheck, I suggest you refrain from thinking you can tell me what to do.

You did not ask an honest question, simply put, you deliberately twisted my words to suit your needs. Your pretense of innocence is wasted on me.
You rep me in the past and then now smack me across the face. I am thinking DID - Dissociative identity disorder. Anyway very much off topic. Sorry you read my post differently. Your problem not mine.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
You rep me in the past and then now smack me across the face. I am thinking DID - Dissociative identity disorder. Anyway very much off topic. Sorry you read my post differently. Your problem not mine.
If I repped you in the past as you claim, then that would indicate that I agreed with something you stated in the past. Which BTW has nothing to do with this thread. The rest of what you said along with your personal attack? Is off topic indeed.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:
If I repped you in the past as you claim, then that would indicate that I agreed with something you stated in the past. Which BTW has nothing to do with this thread. The rest of what you said along with your personal attack? Is off topic indeed.
I agree it is a horrible crime and should never have happened be it at the hands of a legal immigrant, legal resident, US citizen or illegal immigrant.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:31 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,795,208 times
Quote:
I agree it is a horrible crime and should never have happened be it at the hands of a legal immigrant, legal resident, US citizen or illegal immigrant.
Agreed, like this would had been any better if the guy was a U.S citizen. I fail to comprehend the logic of some posters on here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or