U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 09:55 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,385,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeri000 View Post
Why would people go back to a country they don't feel identified with? Why would they go back to a lifestyle they did not grow up with? Why would they go back to earning $8 a day, while that's a low wage per hour? It was not their fault they were brought at such young age by their parents. Don't make them pay for their parent's mistakes.
It's not MY fault either. Why should my kids be punished with decreased resources because Mexicans refuse to make demands on their own government?

Young illegals are not problem or my fault. They and their parents need to finally do the right thing and go home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2011, 09:57 PM

373 posts, read 488,708 times
My son just finished college today. He is a citizen as we are. He paid the price and we did too. He now needs to find a job along with the thousands of others who just today finished college. NO ILLEGAL HAS A RIGHT TO EVEN GET IN THE SAME LINE TO APPLY FOR WORK...... Come in legal and then go to the BACK OF THE FRIGGIN LINE.. Americans first and I dont give a ratts ass about any illegal wanting to get a job BEFORE my kid does.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:27 AM

1,150 posts, read 991,058 times
Quote:
Why would people go back to a country they don't feel identified with? Why would they go back to a lifestyle they did not grow up with? Why would they go back to earning $8 a day, while that's a low wage per hour? It was not their fault they were brought at such young age by their parents. Don't make them pay for their parent's mistakes.
That's why parents should consider carefully what position they're putting their children in before they undertake an illegal action. Children always suffer because of the poor choices their parents make, and illegal immigration is a prime example. Children aren't entitled to benefit from the illegal actions of their parents. If a man steals a car, and gives it to his son, does that mean the son gets to keep the car, because he's not the one who stole it? Illegal immigration is the same thing. Parents are giving their children something they have no right to give, so the children are left to pay the consequences.

Old 12-18-2011, 07:02 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
They learn the culture and language of their homelands through their parents at home. I never met a Hispanic family yet whether they be here legally or illegally that didn't practice that culture in their homes or didn't know their native langauge (that would be true of other illegals also). Many live in Hispanic neighborhoods so I don't know what you mean by they can't identify with their homelands.

The topic is about college educated illegals so why would they only get $8.00 a day if they moved back to their homelands? I don't know why it would be considered a horror for them to go back to their homelands. No, it wasn't their fault that they were brought here illegally however it isn't punishing them for their parent's mistakes but rather not rewarding their parents for theirs.

Old 12-18-2011, 07:23 AM

4,827 posts, read 4,647,268 times
Even AMERICANS college grads are having a hard time finding jobs....Where is the sympathy for them?

Old 12-18-2011, 07:26 PM

9,308 posts, read 25,663,111 times
It's about time . . . ENOUGH is ENOUGH.

Isn't it about time to return home and fix the problems in your own country? Weren't all the "freebies," including most if not all of the education, enough?

Old 12-19-2011, 05:23 AM

4,135 posts, read 9,118,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
They easily COULD return to their homeland and use their education to help their people. They'd do very well back home with their USA provided educations.
Not a bad idea, but then they would have to live in conditions not as nice as here....

Old 12-22-2011, 03:39 AM

Their parents had no ties to this country, and left everything behind when they came here.

Old 12-22-2011, 03:49 AM

Punished for something their parents did? Since when is living in another country considered punishment? Isn't it more like repatriation?

Old 12-22-2011, 04:13 AM

16,438 posts, read 18,516,574 times
Quote:
Don't make them pay for their parent's mistakes.
"The sins of the father will be paid by the children and grandchildren even to the 3rd and 4th generation..." Exodus 34:6-7

Why should I our my children be expected to pay for their parent's "mistake".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or