U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 09:20 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,396,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
Talk to Reagan and Bush 1. Should never, never have been allowed to happen. And the issue is not Mexican children. It is US children. And it is you who are insisting upon subjecting US children to the Mexican education system.
The issue is indeed Mexican children and Mexican adults. You have agreed with me that most Mexicans who come here do not have a high school diploma. You have not explained why Americans should provide them with one or educate their children in a way their home country does not.

Illegals and their offspring should not be entitled to education at American taxpayer expense. I am extremely sorry you think otherwise. Why don't you donate your salary to this cause and not mine?

Quote:
Of course you are a right winger. No one gets further to the right than you on this issue.

And again 80% or so are American children. They are Americans...by birth...and have as much right as any American child to a proper education.

It is you who are attempting to force these American children into the Mexican system which is not very good and, worse, will treat them badly.
What a cute labels you have for people!

So someone who's never voted Republican in her whole life is now a right winger just because she has the temerity to disagree with an extremist on illegals. You're just as arrogant as the criminals you support so willingly. Are you one of them? Just out of curiosity? Because that would make sense. You certainly sound like a condescending are thoughtless Dreamie.

An illegal should not be entitled to give birth to an American citizen and demand Americans provide them with an education they cannot get at home. If illegals feel their home country (and I find it again amusing that you finally admit that a significant percentage of illegals are indeed, as I pointed out, Mexican) has an inadequate educational system they should demand a better one.

From MEXICO, not me.

Is that clear? I should not be held responsible for the education of Mexican children. You have made no case otherwise. Worse, you shamefully seem not to care that American children are being punished for your actions.

An immigrant should come here legally with skills and basic knowledge of English. They should not come here in violation of our laws with the intent of making demands on Americans. It is disgusting that not only do so many do so but actively have no qualms with punishing American kids with overcrowded classrooms and service cuts in pursuit of this revoltingly selfish goal.

They have a rich uncle in Carlos Slim. Let them camp out on his yard not mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2011, 09:27 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,718,809 times
Quote:
Talk to Reagan and Bush 1. Should never, never have been allowed to happen. And the issue is not Mexican children. It is US children. And it is you who are insisting upon subjecting US children to the Mexican education system.

Of course you are a right winger. No one gets further to the right than you on this issue.

And again 80% or so are American children. They are Americans...by birth...and have as much right as any American child to a proper education.

It is you who are attempting to force these American children into the Mexican system which is not very good and, worse, will treat them badly.
According to DoS FAM it was assumed that children born of illegal aliens were thought to be US Citizens by birth, it wasn't until August 2009 when Obama had the FAM changed and claimed that WKA grants BRC to illegal aliens children, this is still never been decided as fact, as DoS can claim anything they wish. Just because a child is born on US Soil you assumed one was born with BRC, only those few born after 8/09 could have an argument for BRC, those prior claim they are but their is no definitive proof that they are, thus your claim is unjustified.

Are you then admitting then that the child "anchors" the parent here for the purpose of the child obtaining an education? Because to deport the parent would be to deport an assumed citizen child?

Old 12-26-2011, 09:45 PM

387 posts, read 271,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
The issue is indeed Mexican children and Mexican adults. You have agreed with me that most Mexicans who come here do not have a high school diploma. You have not explained why Americans should provide them with one or educate their children in a way their home country does not.

Illegals and their offspring should not be entitled to education at American taxpayer expense. I am extremely sorry you think otherwise. Why don't you donate your salary to this cause and not mine?
I am old. Why should I donate my salary to anyones children? Because I am an American and the children of the illegals and legals are all American. So I willingly pay for their education.

You seem to feel you have some right to chose which Americans you will support. I support them all. It is the American way.

Quote:
What a cute labels you have for people!

So someone who's never voted Republican in her whole life is now a right winger just because she has the temerity to disagree with an extremist on illegals. You're just as arrogant as the criminals you support so willingly. Are you one of them? Just out of curiosity? Because that would make sense. You certainly sound like a condescending are thoughtless Dreamie.
Darling you are well to the right of Genghis Khan. I too am a life long democrat...though I have strayed. But on a few issues you cannot get anymore to the right than I am. On some others I also go Libertarian.

My grandmother was a major democratic ward heeler in upper Manhattan. My mother ran the democrats in Cochise County AZ.

And you sound like the ethnic attacker you are..."condescending are (sic) thoughtless Dreamie".

Quote:
An illegal should not be entitled to give birth to an American citizen and demand Americans provide them with an education they cannot get at home. If illegals feel their home country (and I find it again amusing that you finally admit that a significant percentage of illegals are indeed, as I pointed out, Mexican) has an inadequate educational system they should demand a better one.

From MEXICO, not me.
It is clear your views are quite hostile to those of America. The citizenship of these children is well established. That you don't like it is tough. Your charter is to accept our laws or leave.

Quote:
Is that clear? I should not be held responsible for the education of Mexican children. You have made no case otherwise. Worse, you shamefully seem not to care that American children are being punished for your actions.

An immigrant should come here legally with skills and basic knowledge of English. They should not come here in violation of our laws with the intent of making demands on Americans. It is disgusting that not only do so many do so but actively have no qualms with punishing American kids with overcrowded classrooms and service cuts in pursuit of this revoltingly selfish goal.

They have a rich uncle in Carlos Slim. Let them camp out on his yard not mine.
You are suggesting that American children are punishing other American children. You realize how dumb that is?

Again you are declaring yourself against the rule of law in America.

You should either get with the program or find a place where you will be happier.

Old 12-26-2011, 09:56 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,941,319 times
Quote:
All simly solved. You make them legal residents and they have all the normal needs to pay their bills and shoulder their responsibilities. And if they don't you can deport them. How would you handle a call from a bill collector who could get you sent to Mexico?

YOu medical view if of course nonsense. They get basic and somewhat primitive medical care in Mexico but serious treatment requires resources. They actually do worse here on the basics but they can get the difficult by simply being sick enough. Lousey way to run a railroad though. As soon as you are deathly sick you can get treatment.
Another lie about Mexico.

Mexico has organ transplants, it has a sophisticated cancer treatment program, Mexican surgeons perform open heart surgeries.

Mexico has national health care too - something liberals rave about.

And as far as other countries having less sophisticated health care, that is not our problem. The entire world cannot come here to get in on free health care. If Mexicans are dissatified with their health care system, they should work to reform it. Running from their country doesn't do a thing for it.

No one who came here illegally and chose to remain here illegally deserves any kind of reward for doing so. If they want to be legal, then they can go home and start over the right way and that means get in line behind all the others who got in line first.

Like I said, rewarding criminal behavior only entices more to break the laws.

Old 12-26-2011, 09:58 PM

Quote:
I am old. Why should I donate my salary to anyones children? Because I am an American and the children of the illegals and legals are all American. So I willingly pay for their education.

You seem to feel you have some right to chose which Americans you will support. I support them all. It is the American way.

Darling you are well to the right of Genghis Khan. I too am a life long democrat...though I have strayed. But on a few issues you cannot get anymore to the right than I am. On some others I also go Libertarian.

My grandmother was a major democratic ward heeler in upper Manhattan. My mother ran the democrats in Cochise County AZ.

And you sound like the ethnic attacker you are..."condescending are (sic) thoughtless Dreamie".

It is clear your views are quite hostile to those of America. The citizenship of these children is well established. That you don't like it is tough. Your charter is to accept our laws or leave.

You are suggesting that American children are punishing other American children. You realize how dumb that is?

Again you are declaring yourself against the rule of law in America.

You should either get with the program or find a place where you will be happier.
All it requires is a reinterpretation of the 14th amendment. The 14th amendment was never written to accomodate illegals, it was written for the children of Indians and slaves. Not for those who find it convenient to come and give birth here in order to get an easy pass around just laws.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
The citizenship of these children is well established.
Another lie. These children are fully entitled to have the citizenship of their own parents. They can very easily obtain Mexican citizenship.

There is absolutely no problem allowing these children to go home with their parents when the parents are deported. The parents can very easily get them their full Mexican citizenship.

Yes many of these illegals are so determined to have these children for the sole purpose of getting around US immigration laws and welfare handouts that they will simply abandon their US born children when they are to be deported.

Fine, then leave the children of these illegals here and let them be adopted, they will be better off without their parents if that's the case.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
All it requires is a reinterpretation of the 14th amendment. The 14th amendment was never written to accomodate illegals, it was written for the children of Indians and slaves. Not for those who find it convenient to come and give birth here in order to get an easy pass around just laws.
Dull.

If they would let you run the country I am sure it would happen. Otherwise it will not. The law is quite well settled. If you don't care for it you can either change it or leave.

Changing it will be tough. So....

And here and where you go will both be better places for it.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Dull.

If they would let you run the country I am sure it would happen. Otherwise it will not. The law is quite well settled. If you don't care for it you can either change it or leave.

Changing it will be tough. So....

And here and where you go will both be better places for it.
It's not a law. It's simply a poor interpretation of the 14th amendment.

No dear, there is no law that says you just need to come here and pop out babies and voila! you're in.

The illegal parents should certainly be deported even if they've already given birth and have their food stamps in hand.

And they should have the opportunity to take their children home with them when they go. Or are you suggesting we take their children from them?

Old 12-26-2011, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's not a law. It's simply a poor interpretation of the 14th amendment.

No dear, there is no law that says you just need to come here and pop out babies and voila! you're in.
It is not only a law it is the law...the root of the whole system. It is quite clear and precise. It is of course interpreted as that is how we tell what a law means.

Quote:
The illegal parents should certainly be deported even if they've already given birth and have their food stamps in hand.

And they should have the opportunity to take their children home with them when they go. Or are you suggesting we take their children from them?
It has nothing to do with the fate of the parents. It does not have anything to do with where the kid ends up...except wherever that is he/she has the right to the full support of the US government as extended to any citizen.

Note the general outcome of a baby deported with the parent will be the kids return around age 10 to attend the US schools. Which is his or her right.

Old 12-26-2011, 11:03 PM

Quote:
It is not only a law it is the law...the root of the whole system. It is quite clear and precise. It is of course interpreted as that is how we tell what a law means.

It has nothing to do with the fate of the parents. It does not have anything to do with where the kid ends up...except wherever that is he/she has the right to the full support of the US government as extended to any citizen.

Note the general outcome of a baby deported with the parent will be the kids return around age 10 to attend the US schools. Which is his or her right.
Of course you are under the mistaken belief that no one living in Mexico could ever love his own country, that no one in Mexico would allow their children to finish school in that country.

Many of these US educated kids will have a clear advantage because they were provided a free education all the way to 12th grade and will naturally join Mexico's growing middle class.

Have you ever lived or studied in Mexico? I don't believe you have because otherwise you woudn't view that country as the hell-hole you seem to think it is or filled with nothing but savages.

Yes there is some poverty of course, but if one stays in school and finishes his/her education, delays the start of a family until after the education, a job and marriage, limits family size to what they can afford, that person stands a very good chance of being part of Mexico's middle class.

Of course if one chooses to drop out of school in 3rd grade, have children at age 14 or 15, have children without a spouse or have many children they cannot afford, then the best bet is to get to the USA because in that case staying in Mexico means hard work and not so many luxuries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or