U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 10:24 PM

387 posts, read 270,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Of course you are under the mistaken belief that no one living in Mexico could ever love his own country, that no one in Mexico would allow their children to finish school in that country.

Many of these US educated kids will have a clear advantage because they were provided a free education all the way to 12th grade and will naturally join Mexico's growing middle class.

Have you ever lived or studied in Mexico? I don't believe you have because otherwise you woudn't view that country as the hell-hole you seem to think it is or filled with nothing but savages.

Yes there is some poverty of course, but if one stays in school and finishes his/her education, delays the start of a family until after the education, a job and marriage, limits family size to what they can afford, that person stands a very good chance of being part of Mexico's middle class.

Of course if one chooses to drop out of school in 3rd grade, have children at age 14 or 15, have children without a spouse or have many children they cannot afford, then the best bet is to get to the USA because in that case staying in Mexico means hard work and not so many luxuries.
The stupidest thing you do is to continue tell me what I think or believe. You have no real idea and I very much doubt you have the intellectual capacity to deal with my though process. So kindly stop telling what I think...you have no idea.

Only a third of the rural children make it past the ninth grade. Poor odds for those in the rural areas.

The rest of this post is pure ethnic bigotry. The set of people who make it to the US is mostly males of working years come to make money. They have no interest whatever in welfare or such except medical if they should be hurt. They may later bring family or not...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2011, 10:31 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
The stupidest thing you do is to continue tell me what I think or believe. You have no real idea and I very much doubt you have the intellectual capacity to deal with my though process. So kindly stop telling what I think...you have no idea.

Only a third of the rural children make it past the ninth grade. Poor odds for those in the rural areas.

The rest of this post is pure ethnic bigotry. The set of people who make it to the US is mostly males of working years come to make money. They have no interest whatever in welfare or such except medical if they should be hurt. They may later bring family or not...
Only 20% of Mexico is rural in the first place but it's the reasons they drop out of school, very often because they didn't feel like going to school and the parents didn't care one way or the other if they went or they dropped out to have babies. It's not that there aren't schools for them, the schools are there.

The hispanic drop out rate in the USA is also very high, about 50%. For the same reasons too. Poor odds for urban American areas also.

But again - the problems of Mexico are not up to us to solve. They are up to the Mexican people to solve.

If they don't like something about their country, that does not give them a free pass to break our laws as they please.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:42 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,385,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
I am old. Why should I donate my salary to anyones children? Because I am an American and the children of the illegals and legals are all American. So I willingly pay for their education.
Illegals are not Americans. American children should not be punished to educate them.

Quote:
You seem to feel you have some right to chose which Americans you will support. I support them all. It is the American way.
You seem to feel that illegals are Americans. Paying the education of the foreign national's children is not the American way. No country, including Mexico, believes in that.

If YOU want to pay for the education of Mexican children then YOU pay for them. You have no right to demand my money to do so.

Quote:
Darling you are well to the right of Genghis Khan. I too am a life long democrat...though I have strayed. But on a few issues you cannot get anymore to the right than I am. On some others I also go Libertarian.
If you were really a democrat you would not support punishing our public schools by importing lots of foreign nationals. That's not democratic at all.

Quote:
My grandmother was a major democratic ward heeler in upper Manhattan. My mother ran the democrats in Cochise County AZ.

And you sound like the ethnic attacker you are..."condescending are (sic) thoughtless Dreamie".
So now Dreamie is an ethnicity?

Really?

Mexicans don't pay for the education of MY children. Why should I pay for the education of theirs?

Quote:
It is clear your views are quite hostile to those of America. The citizenship of these children is well established. That you don't like it is tough. Your charter is to accept our laws or leave.
This from someone arguing that Americans should be responsible for the education of Mexican children.

But keep on talking about accepting our laws while vigorously defending people who defiantly break them.

Quote:
You are suggesting that American children are punishing other American children. You realize how dumb that is?

Again you are declaring yourself against the rule of law in America.

You should either get with the program or find a place where you will be happier.
Mexicans who walk across the border and demand we educate their kids our punishing our kids. That's why the California educational system is a mess: Mexican nationals who don't pay for the educational costs they impose. The rule of law in America is that they should be punished for it, not as, you believe, rewarded for it with a free education they don't dare demand in their own home country.

That's what's dumb.

As to where I'll move I think I'll try Mexico. I'll bring my kids and demand that Mexicans educate them. That would be fair, right? After all if I sneak into their country and drag my kids with me, shouldn't Mexicans be responsible for their education?

Old 12-26-2011, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Only 20% of Mexico is rural in the first place but it's the reasons they drop out of school, very often because they didn't feel like going to school and the parents didn't care one way or the other if they went or they dropped out to have babies. It's not that there aren't schools for them, the schools are there.
It is that part of Mexico's population that emigrates to the US. Seldom the middle class out of Quad.

Quote:
The hispanic drop out rate in the USA is also very high, about 50%. For the same reasons too. Poor odds for urban American areas also.

But again - the problems of Mexico are not up to us to solve. They are up to the Mexican people to solve.

If they don't like something about their country, that does not give them a free pass to break our laws as they please.
In a way it does. It at least provides the moral/ethical rationale for the action. So while we have every right and in fact duty to protect our society they are personally free of any guilt as they try to do the right thing for themselves and their family. The actual "right" in the situaton is very dependent on where you are sitting.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:55 PM

33,949 posts, read 32,379,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Arizona Republic article

It is looking more and more that the DREAMies are in some real trouble.

It's over; just return home peacefully and get in line to come to the USA legally.
It's not just that Americans are out of work, it's which Americans are most likely to be out of work and that big group is people without a high school diploma. The illegal Mexicans are competing with the undereducated group of American citizens just like them.

Most Recent Unemployment Rate by Educational Attainment for People over 25 years old (from the Bureau of Labor Statistics):

Less than a high school diploma: 13.2%
High school graduate, no college: 8.8%
Some college or Associate's Degree: 7.6%
Bachelor's degree and higher: 4.4%

Table A-4. Employment status of the civilian population 25 years and over by educational attainment

Old 12-27-2011, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
It's not just that Americans are out of work, it's which Americans are most likely to be out of work and that big group is people without a high school diploma. The illegal Mexicans are competing with the undereducated group of American citizens just like them.

Most Recent Unemployment Rate by Educational Attainment for People over 25 years old (from the Bureau of Labor Statistics):

Table A-4. Employment status of the civilian population 25 years and over by educational attainment
Dreamies would hit the third and fourth row. One could even argue that the fourth category is quite low.

Old 12-27-2011, 03:35 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

Let's not forget the construction industry. Many if not most Americans that once did those jobs had a high school diploma. They have been undercut by illegal aliens and those jobs disappeared for Americans. It started happening decades ago before the housing bust.

Last edited by chicagonut; 12-27-2011 at 03:50 PM..

Old 12-27-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Let's not forget the construction industry. Many if most Americans that once did those jobs had a high school diploma. They have been undercut by illegal aliens and those jobs disappeared for Americans.
Nope. The union guys were undercut by the non-union who were mainly hispanic. There certainly are illegals involved but the vast majority are in fact legal. Often second and third generation. They slide illegals in as helpers and laborers paid off the books. But all the subs have a large set of quite legal journeymen.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:00 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,422,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Illegals are not Americans. American children should not be punished to educate them.

You seem to feel that illegals are Americans. Paying the education of the foreign national's children is not the American way. No country, including Mexico, believes in that.

If YOU want to pay for the education of Mexican children then YOU pay for them. You have no right to demand my money to do so.

If you were really a democrat you would not support punishing our public schools by importing lots of foreign nationals. That's not democratic at all.

So now Dreamie is an ethnicity?

Really?

Mexicans don't pay for the education of MY children. Why should I pay for the education of theirs?

This from someone arguing that Americans should be responsible for the education of Mexican children.

But keep on talking about accepting our laws while vigorously defending people who defiantly break them.

Mexicans who walk across the border and demand we educate their kids our punishing our kids. That's why the California educational system is a mess: Mexican nationals who don't pay for the educational costs they impose. The rule of law in America is that they should be punished for it, not as, you believe, rewarded for it with a free education they don't dare demand in their own home country.

That's what's dumb.

As to where I'll move I think I'll try Mexico. I'll bring my kids and demand that Mexicans educate them. That would be fair, right? After all if I sneak into their country and drag my kids with me, shouldn't Mexicans be responsible for their education?
If you go to the DREAM ACT PORTAL, the Mexican illegals have all but taken the board over and pretty much driven illegal aliens of every other ethnicity away. Sound familiar?

Old 12-27-2011, 04:09 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,287,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
When we get the right president elected it will no longer be a choice now will it?

Time is running out and the Illegals false messiah Obama will be leaving shortly.
Well said! i feel that illegals for some time now have felt that with Obama, they would get their free ride, and that he is their Messiah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or