Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 06:48 PM

387 posts, read 336,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
That's the problem. The illegals don't give a damn about the economy here. Just like they didn't work to improve the economy of their own country but their own country's economy is doing great with them gone.

As long as no one ever expects them to pay their own health care costs, and they are handed food stamps, WIC, free government housing, free schools with free breakfasts and lunches, they will continue to pour over the border to get in on this big cash cow.

Start demanding responsibility from them, have them hounded by bill collectors for their many hospital maternity room visits and they won't find things so much to their liking.

Fine the employers who hire them, that's one source of money the government can have and no American will object, and stop the free government handouts and free services.

Even though health care costs ar e much lower for them back home and they have nationalized medicine, as it stands they won't return home when they need health care because it's totally free for them when they get here.

We need leaders who stop promising these people the sun and stars and moon as their rewards for breaking our laws. They need to be told that breaking our laws will get them nothing, no amnesty, no easy citizenship handed to them on a silver platter, no jobs, no social security checks when they retire, no more free health care, and if they don't pay their hospital bills, they will be deported.
All simly solved. You make them legal residents and they have all the normal needs to pay their bills and shoulder their responsibilities. And if they don't you can deport them. How would you handle a call from a bill collector who could get you sent to Mexico?

YOu medical view if of course nonsense. They get basic and somewhat primitive medical care in Mexico but serious treatment requires resources. They actually do worse here on the basics but they can get the difficult by simply being sick enough. Lousey way to run a railroad though. As soon as you are deathly sick you can get treatment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2011, 07:01 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,862,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
All simly solved. You make them legal residents and they have all the normal needs to pay their bills and shoulder their responsibilities. And if they don't you can deport them. How would you handle a call from a bill collector who could get you sent to Mexico?

YOu medical view if of course nonsense. They get basic and somewhat primitive medical care in Mexico but serious treatment requires resources. They actually do worse here on the basics but they can get the difficult by simply being sick enough. Lousey way to run a railroad though. As soon as you are deathly sick you can get treatment.
They're largely high school drop outs with mediocre job skills at best. They don't earn enough money to pay taxes. Make them citizens and all you'll do is grant them access to our welfare system and things like the EITC. How is that fair to American citizens? Why should Americans pay more in taxes so that what amounts to Mexico's underclass can come here and get free stuff?

Mexico is home to Carlos Slim. He's the world's richest man. Let him pay for his underclass instead of struggling Joe American.

Old 12-26-2011, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
They're largely high school drop outs with mediocre job skills at best. They don't earn enough money to pay taxes. Make them citizens and all you'll do is grant them access to our welfare system and things like the EITC. How is that fair to American citizens? Why should Americans pay more in taxes so that what amounts to Mexico's underclass can come here and get free stuff?

Mexico is home to Carlos Slim. He's the world's richest man. Let him pay for his underclass instead of struggling Joe American.
They are not high school drop outs. Schooling traditionally ends in Mexico at the ninth grade for the lower classes. That is one of the reasons they wish to keep their children in US schools.

The illegals are not pushed out of Mexico. They leave to maximize their future and that of their children.

And welfare benefits lie strictly in the minds of you right wingers. They will use it situationally if they have need. But it is not a motivating factor for being here. You all have recently gotten a couple of good sociological discussion of the matter. Problem too heavy a reading I guess.

Old 12-26-2011, 07:22 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,069,129 times
Quote:
They are not high school drop outs. Schooling traditionally ends in Mexico at the ninth grade for the lower classes. That is one of the reasons they wish to keep their children in US schools.
Except that most that have come here have less than a 4th grade education.

Quote:
The illegals are not pushed out of Mexico. They leave to maximize their future and that of their children.
You mean for their own "economic gain".

Quote:
And welfare benefits lie strictly in the minds of you right wingers. They will use it situationally if they have need. But it is not a motivating factor for being here. You all have recently gotten a couple of good sociological discussion of the matter. Problem too heavy a reading I guess.
Actually the Treasury Inspector General says that they received back more then $4.7B just from the EITC by using the ITIN.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/illeg...s-irs-tax.html

Old 12-26-2011, 07:29 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,277,659 times
Quote:

Not only that but if legalized they would be able to retain the jobs they are holding or compete with Americans for them. We have millions of Americans out of work who need those jobs. Also, why should we legalized illegals which negates our legal immigraton quotas based on our real needs for immigrants?

Old 12-26-2011, 07:32 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,277,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Except that most that have come here have less than a 4th grade education.

You mean for their own "economic gain".

Actually the Treasury Inspector General says that they received back more then $4.7B just from the EITC by using the ITIN.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/illeg...s-irs-tax.html
Even those who never went to a Mexican school still have the highest drop out rates here in the states in our schools. Links to those stats have been posted over and over in here. A 6th grade education might suffice for peasants who stay in Mexico but it certainly isn't adequate here in our first world country.

Old 12-26-2011, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Not only that but if legalized they would be able to retain the jobs they are holding or compete with Americans for them. We have millions of Americans out of work who need those jobs. Also, why should we legalized illegals which negates our legal immigraton quotas based on our real needs for immigrants?
Because Reagan and Bush screwed up bad and got us into a situation that should never have been allowed to occur?

Now we have to make unpleasant decisions because we don't have any other good way out?

Do you really want to let it continue and end up with 15 million?

Old 12-26-2011, 07:33 PM

Quote:

Do you even take five seconds to think about what you post?

I mean just out of curiosity.

Why should Americans welcome people here in violation of our laws who have only a mediocre education at best? Especially in a lousy economy when many of our own people have no work? Worse, why should we be responsible for the education of their children? Why not Carlos Slim and his fellow Mexican billionares? Since when it it MY responsibility to maximize the educational opportunities of Mexican children?

FYI, I am not a right winger. I am a liberal who is sick to god of smug leftists who have no problem punishing poor American children so they can feel good about themselves. I am also slightly amused that you're using Mexican as a synonym for illegal as you were busy screaming at me in another thread when I did that.

You're basically admitting what I said in that thread: that you and your fellow illegal supporters believe that Americans should indeed be responsible for the education of Mexican children.

If you want to do so then do so. Just don't demand that I do.

Old 12-26-2011, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It's completely ridiculous. Our immigration policy should be based on meeting the needs of Americans not helping those who brazenly violate our immigration laws.

Old 12-26-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Do you even take five seconds to think about what you post?

I mean just out of curiosity.

Why should Americans welcome people here in violation of our laws who have only a mediocre education at best? Especially in a lousy economy when many of our own people have no work? Worse, why should we be responsible for the education of their children? Why not Carlos Slim and his fellow Mexican billionares? Since when it it MY responsibility to maximize the educational opportunities of Mexican children?
Talk to Reagan and Bush 1. Should never, never have been allowed to happen. And the issue is not Mexican children. It is US children. And it is you who are insisting upon subjecting US children to the Mexican education system.

Quote:
FYI, I am not a right winger. I am a liberal who is sick to god of smug leftists who have no problem punishing poor American children so they can feel good about themselves. I am also slightly amused that you're using Mexican as a synonym for illegal as you were busy screaming at me in another thread when I did that.

You're basically admitting what I said in that thread: that you and your fellow illegal supporters believe that Americans should indeed be responsible for the education of Mexican children.

If you want to do so then do so. Just don't demand that I do.
Of course you are a right winger. No one gets further to the right than you on this issue.

And again 80% or so are American children. They are Americans...by birth...and have as much right as any American child to a proper education.

It is you who are attempting to force these American children into the Mexican system which is not very good and, worse, will treat them badly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration