Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 05:15 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
If you go to the DREAM ACT PORTAL, the Mexican illegals have all but taken the board over and pretty much driven illegal aliens of every other ethnicity away. Sound familiar?
I did a little reading over there myself. They use the usual spin and lies on words like referring to themselves and other illegals as "immigrants". Some were making some suggestions to get engaged to a U.S. citizen and/or marry them to improve their chances of legalizing. Isn't that considered to be fraud? I never read where any of them even considered returning to Mexico or other homelands to attend their colleges. If they want an education that bad you would think they would and they would have job opportunities there without having to lie and look over your shoulder all day long in fear of getting caught.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2011, 03:46 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I did a little reading over there myself. They use the usual spin and lies on words like referring to themselves and other illegals as "immigrants". Some were making some suggestions to get engaged to a U.S. citizen and/or marry them to improve their chances of legalizing. Isn't that considered to be fraud? I never read where any of them even considered returning to Mexico or other homelands to attend their colleges. If they want an education that bad you would think they would and they would have job opportunities there without having to lie and look over your shoulder all day long in fear of getting caught.
Bingo! After many years of reading that board, I have come to the conclusion that their delusions of granduer and sense of entitlement trumps anything resembling reality.

Additionally, they have been allowed by our government to remain in this country committing criminals acts for so long until they feel that they are exempt from all rules, regulations and laws. You do know that laws only apply to us suckers and citizens right?

Old 12-28-2011, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Bingo! After many years of reading that board, I have come to the conclusion that their delusions of granduer and sense of entitlement trumps anything resembling reality.

Additionally, they have been allowed by our government to remain in this country committing criminals acts for so long until they feel that they are exempt from all rules, regulations and laws. You do know that laws only apply to us suckers and citizens right?
Another thing I noticed on that forum is that not one of them blamed their parents for their predicament. Just the big old meanie U.S. that hasn't caved into their demands.....yet (and notably holding Obama accountable for his empty promise of amnesty).

Old 12-29-2011, 10:47 AM

915 posts, read 3,180,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
They easily COULD return to their homeland and use their education to help their people. They'd do very well back home with their USA provided educations.
yup, talk about greater good for their people...go home and make use of the education and help your country for the love

Old 12-29-2011, 04:21 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,364 times
Quote:
Another thing I noticed on that forum is that not one of them blamed their parents for their predicament. Just the big old meanie U.S. that hasn't caved into their demands.....yet (and notably holding Obama accountable for his empty promise of amnesty).
The fact that they never blame their criminal parents has always been a pet peeve of mine. Not only does it ooze hypocrisy, it also confirms how truly delusional and self righteous they truly are.

No decent parent would place such a hardship on their own children. As far as I am concerned they are in a tie for the category of bottom feeders with those who breed anchor babies.

Old 12-29-2011, 04:24 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Well said! i feel that illegals for some time now have felt that with Obama, they would get their free ride, and that he is their Messiah.
Yes. They pretty much worship Obama it seems. He's their Fidel Castro, he's going to tax the "rich" aka American people and redistribute the wealth to the poor downtrodden illegals.

Old 12-29-2011, 05:26 PM

387 posts, read 337,557 times
Quote:
The fact that they never blame their criminal parents has always been a pet peeve of mine. Not only does it ooze hypocrisy, it also confirms how truly delusional and self righteous they truly are.

No decent parent would place such a hardship on their own children. As far as I am concerned they are in a tie for the category of bottom feeders with those who breed anchor babies.
Uhh what hardship? Absolute worse case outcome they end up back where the would have been vastly better educated and bilingual.

I don't believe there has ever been a worse case outcome. And there well may never be. And anchor babies are of course far better off than that.

Old 12-29-2011, 05:29 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,230,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Arizona Republic article

It is looking more and more that the DREAMies are in some real trouble.

It's over; just return home peacefully and get in line to come to the USA legally.
Americans are so dumb. Anyone with common sense would want to make a student who is educated with a college degree, and the skills that comes with that degree, legal. Those students can only make our country stronger. But Americans with their racist and narrow minds always make simple things complicated. Same way we don't make it easier for students on visas to stay after they earn their degrees. Nope. They graduate and go back home and become our competition. Americans can be so dumb.

Old 12-29-2011, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
Americans are so dumb. Anyone with common sense would want to make a student who is educated with a college degree, and the skills that comes with that degree, legal. Those students can only make our country stronger. But Americans with their racist and narrow minds always make simple things complicated. Same way we don't make it easier for students on visas to stay after they earn their degrees. Nope. They graduate and go back home and become our competition. Americans can be so dumb.
Oh, here comes the race card yet again. Which race are you speaking of since illegals are from all over the world?

We don't need the competition from these illegals for college tuition, seats in our colleges and then competing for our jobs after they graduate. They can go back home and attend their homeland's colleges and become a part of their middle class and contribute to their own society. We have no shortage of bright and educated Americans. What is dumb is advocating for them to stay here. They become our competition in their own countries? WTH does that mean? Uh, every country has their own college educated should we look at them as "competition" and demand that they don't get a college education in their own countries so they can't compete with us?

Old 12-29-2011, 07:37 PM

152 posts, read 377,126 times
Quote:
Oh, here comes the race card yet again. Which race are you speaking of since illegals are from all over the world?

We don't need the competition from these illegals for college tuition, seats in our colleges and then competing for our jobs after they graduate. They can go back home and attend their homeland's colleges and become a part of their middle class and contribute to their own society. We have no shortage of bright and educated Americans. What is dumb is advocating for them to stay here. They become our competition in their own countries? WTH does that mean? Uh, every country has their own college educated should we look at them as "competition" and demand that they don't get a college education in their own countries so they can't compete with us?
You really don't understand? The semiconductor scientist in this world are mostly trained in the USA. Then we often force them to leave. one of the results is that there is a very competitive semiconductor capability in asia that was almost entirely educated in the US. You think that throwing those guys out to build a capable competitor was a smart thing?

The immigrant that we all want to come to the US is educated and easily assimilated. They become one of us and contribute swiftly. Did it ever occur to you that this is a DREAMIE by definition?

You don't understand why you move heaven and earth to support your best and brightest no matter what their background? You know that we do that because they are the ones who make us economically competitive? But you want to bar the better so the worse will not suffer rejection? So a marginally adequate society is OK as long as we protect our own kids and keep those foreigners out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration