Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 10:32 AM

452 posts, read 1,130,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Just two days after President Bush slammed critics of his immigration policy, the Republican National Committee has reportedly fired all 65 of its telephone solicitors, as donors are said to be furious over the president's stance to give legal status to millions of illegal aliens.
Continues,
WorldNetDaily: Republican revolt over immigration

Last edited by Marka; 12-10-2007 at 05:43 AM.. Reason: copyright issues
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2007, 01:42 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,765,171 times
I guess they did listen to me......

Old 06-01-2007, 02:34 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,084,973 times
The vast majority of Americans are speaking and government had better listen, or there will be a revolt of all political parties and Americans. To say it is "not practical" to let illegals stay here is a great understatement!

Old 06-01-2007, 08:44 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,839,369 times
Let's turn up the heat! Let's call, call, call! I've been emailing, but I am going to call and make sure they all know THIS REPUBLICAN IS REVOLTING!! (oh wait, that just doesn't sound right!) THIS REPUBLICAN IS AGAINST THE LATEST AMNESTY PLAN AND IS NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANY MORE! (ok, that says what I mean, but maybe I better spell it out, they are after all, only politicians!)
Secure our border.
No amnesty for illegal aliens.
Enforce the law!

Old 06-01-2007, 09:56 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,397,594 times
The details and particulars may be debatable, but there IS no answer that does not include amnesty. In one form or another, it IS coming, so you may as well just get used to the idea.

Old 06-02-2007, 12:29 AM

So which other criminal shall we grant amnesty to? How about all the ones in jail for breaking and entering, since that is what the illegal aliens are doing.
How about all the criminals that are incarcerated for theft too, since that is what the illegal aliens are doing. Why should I get used to the idea that any segment of our population is not bound by the law?

Old 06-02-2007, 12:42 AM

2,434 posts, read 6,664,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
The details and particulars may be debatable, but there IS no answer that does not include amnesty. In one form or another, it IS coming, so you may as well just get used to the idea.
I disagree. The argument Bush uses that says you have to either granta path to citizenship or deport them all doesn't wash. There are many other options. Like rounding up the 600 thousand who are ignoring deportation orders and throwing in prison any employer who hires them, just for a start.

Old 06-02-2007, 12:43 AM

398 posts, read 1,406,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
No, is not coming. One way or another, justice will be done. Americans "don't get used to an idea" just because somebody impose it or says it. Americans stand strong for what is right and for what they believe.

Old 06-02-2007, 12:50 AM

2,434 posts, read 6,664,010 times
Honestly, I think the reason many republicans in Washington are now fighting this Bush Amnesty proposal is that they see the handwriting on the wall and have figured out if this proposal goes through it will mean the end of the GOP as a major political party. Personally I don't care why they fight it, as long as it doesn't pass. The only thing they need to do this year is pass legislation that finally secures our borders and ports

Old 06-02-2007, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Personally I don't care why they fight it, as long as it doesn't pass. The only thing they need to do this year is pass legislation that finally secures our borders and ports
Exactly! Although, I thought we already had legislation to secure our border, so maybe all they really need to do is enforce the laws we already have?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration