U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-09-2009, 12:43 AM
 
Location: escondido,ca
194 posts, read 400,477 times
Reputation: 121

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolnana5 View Post
No they won't..They'd still be dealing with this crap??
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Mara Salvatrucha Gang - MS-13 (http://www.knowgangs.com/gang_resources/profiles/ms13/ - broken link)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]

or this one..

[SIZE=2]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29389404#storyContinued
[/SIZE]
What's with the fear tactics here? That particular gang was started by immigrants in LA, and many of its members were deported back to central america where the gang is a way bigger threat than they are here. Most hispanic gangs in america were started by american born citizens who have been here for generations and most gangbangers today are legal citizens, so the corelation that all these anti-immigrant people try to spew is largely false. There are also tons of african american and aryan gangs, as well as russian and eastern european gangs in this country, so does that justify racially profiling them too. My grandfather was a Polish immigrant who ran with a sicilian street gang in Detroit, because he landed in their neighborhood, that was back in the 1930's and I'm prety sure he wasn't properly documented...so should I pack my bags?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-09-2009, 01:02 AM
 
Location: escondido,ca
194 posts, read 400,477 times
Reputation: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Despite my disdain towards illegals of any race/ethnicity-----------I strongly doubt that 97% of all 'Hispanics' from Mexico, etc. who came to the USA are illegal aliens. More like 50-70% with the remainder playing by the rules.
Actually, there's an estimated 12 million illegals in the country (that number is slowly dwindling as the economy slips), and over 40 million legal hispanic immigrants, meaning that (by estimate mind you), nearly 4 out of 5, or 80 percent of hispanics living here are legal citizens. Sadly enough, I think that most people forget that this country went through a boom in legal immigration in the 1980's and 1990's, and people just assume that all hispanic immigrants are here illegally, because it's constantly in the news. I live in southern california, and while i'm sure my neighborhood has plenty of illegals, the number is small compared to tens of thousands of legal immigrants in my city alone. So 97 percent, 50 percent, 70 percent, these numbers are ridiculously over estimated, maybe people need to look at the statistics on legal immigration before they assume that all the hispanics around them all of the sudden are border jumpers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2009, 01:33 AM
 
Location: escondido,ca
194 posts, read 400,477 times
Reputation: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgewalker View Post
They are also responsible for acts like the biting a man's thumb off...great folks your illegals! New Orleans Man Attacked by Illegal Immigrants | Midwest Free Press (http://www.midwestfreepress.com/2009/03/08/new-orleans-man-attacked-by-illegal-immigrants/ - broken link)

We will be happy to save you a seat on the bus to Illegaland! Maybe you are one? Please send me your phone # on a PM so I can have ICE check you out! . They will have ticket in hand for your bus ride.

Seriously, you are the first I've seen defending their position, how do you justify that?
Nobody should feel bad for justifying the plight of another human being, and I'm not some wishy washy bleeding heart either. People always point out the cases of welfare abuse, crime,gangs,etc. to demonize the persona of illegal immigrants, when for the most part many of them are law abiding citizens who's only crime was entering another country illegally. I worked for a construction company (didn't own it, just worked there), as a supervisor over half a dozen hondurans of questionable immigration status, and they were more "american", with regards to strong work ethic,family values,etc. then most of the american born people I grew up around. As stated in my above posts, I don't advocate illegal immigration by any means, but as an unemployed man with a family, if i found out i could sneak over into Canada and work 40 hours a week and give my family more than what I'm giving them now, do you really think i would just sit on my a## and wait for my number to be called, hell no!!! I'd be in canada by next week without a doubt!!I've been working less than part time for over a year now, so I'm the last guy to condone handouts to people that don't deserve them, it has just been my experience with illegals that most of them aren't welfare cases or gang members. Like I said in a previous post, I'm appalled that our borders are that pourous, but I'm not going to judge somebody for doing the same thing i would if i was in their shoes!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2009, 01:38 AM
 
Location: Mexifornia, formerly California
31 posts, read 51,169 times
Reputation: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeto View Post
, and people just assume that all hispanic immigrants are here illegally, because it's constantly in the news......... assume that all the hispanics around them all of the sudden are border jumpers.
If you actually believe most people think that, I feel sorry for you.
Everyone knows Hispanics make up the majority of illegals, but for you to state that most people think most Hispanics are here illegally, well that just pretty must discredits everything else you've stated on this site. Your entitled to your opinion even if it is utterly ridiculous, and yes, those are just your opinions, no facts what so ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2009, 06:56 AM
 
477 posts, read 570,757 times
Reputation: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeto View Post
Kill taxpaying americans? trust me, most americans are murdered by other americans, we'd be better off deporting them as opposed to hunting down suspected illegals! And just because many of us think the OP's suggestions are way too extreme, not to mention blatantly racist, that doesn't mean anybody wants the "floodgates" to be left wide open. IMO we would be better off concentrating our efforts on making the borders as secure as possible instead of advocating witch hunts in a nation bursting at the seams with millions of LEGAL immigrants. I mean, how the hell did millions of people make it across the border undetected in the first place, that is totally irresponsible. If they can make it across, so can terrorists,dirty bombs,etc. Just because many of us don't advocate harassing random hispanics doesn't mean that we're not concerned with the real safety of our country!!
Whatever...you're totally wrong, but whatever...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2009, 07:31 AM
 
Location: NE Florida
9,362 posts, read 22,337,260 times
Reputation: 9263
Cheeto-

I have only this to say to you- deaf ears. We're wasting our breathe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2009, 08:09 AM
 
Location: The Queen City
1,087 posts, read 2,341,391 times
Reputation: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
Cheeto-

I have only this to say to you- deaf ears. We're wasting our breathe.
Cheeto is right. Instead of hunting down illegal immigrants, we as a nation should be protecting our borders better. Aside from illegals, God only knows who else infiltrated through our porous borders. Al-Qaida maybe? It is sad to watch "concerned" citizens of such a nation like ours, trying to play the scapegoat game and blame illegal immigrants for their own downturn. Blaming others for your mistakes does not make you more of an American!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2009, 08:13 AM
 
362 posts, read 678,788 times
Reputation: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolnana5 View Post
1-866-DHS-2-ICE (1-866-347-2423). Call Annonymously if you want..If you think an employer is hiring illegals or if you see a "hot house" lots of immigrants in one house, call ICE .. they will check on it.. its worth a phone call.. They are urging you to call. Like i see 20-30 immigrants in a field picking corn, at mcDonalds or working construction or whatever.. i called ice a couple times and they no longer working near me.. Also i see lots doing road work.. probably working for your state or a subcontractor , I would call Ice.. it works. And ask ICE for their TAG #. they will give you that but not their name.. that way you know they will report what you say.. i'd ask for TAG # up front first.. gl.


1-866-DHS-2-ICE (1-866-347-2423).




__________________
Join Help Save Maryland to fight this Illegal Alien Invasion. End all taxpayer funding to CASA- or Central American Solidarity Association with ties to Marxist Hugo Chavez NOW! Our very sovereignty is at stake!

WWW.HELPSAVEMARYLAND.COM

www.ice.gov
www.ilw.com
Issues | NumbersUSA - For Lower Immigration Levels
ALIPAC Fighting Against Illegal Immigration

Judicial Watch
need facts..Go to these urls..

you're only the minority of people who will ACTUALLY call, so your words fall on pretty much deaf ears. most people who are online don't go out much. and not every hispanic is an illegal Mod cut: Personal Attack

Last edited by Travelling fella; 03-09-2009 at 01:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2009, 05:01 AM
Yac
 
5,874 posts, read 6,290,826 times
I too would like to know where those 97% came from. I've been here long enough to see all kinds of numbers, but this seems rather extreme. Care to back it up ?
Yac.
__________________
Forum Rules
City-Data.com homepage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2009, 07:38 AM
 
477 posts, read 570,757 times
Reputation: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeto View Post
Nobody should feel bad for justifying the plight of another human being, and I'm not some wishy washy bleeding heart either. People always point out the cases of welfare abuse, crime,gangs,etc. to demonize the persona of illegal immigrants, when for the most part many of them are law abiding citizens who's only crime was entering another country illegally. I worked for a construction company (didn't own it, just worked there), as a supervisor over half a dozen hondurans of questionable immigration status, and they were more "american", with regards to strong work ethic,family values,etc. then most of the american born people I grew up around. As stated in my above posts, I don't advocate illegal immigration by any means, but as an unemployed man with a family, if i found out i could sneak over into Canada and work 40 hours a week and give my family more than what I'm giving them now, do you really think i would just sit on my a## and wait for my number to be called, hell no!!! I'd be in canada by next week without a doubt!!I've been working less than part time for over a year now, so I'm the last guy to condone handouts to people that don't deserve them, it has just been my experience with illegals that most of them aren't welfare cases or gang members. Like I said in a previous post, I'm appalled that our borders are that pourous, but I'm not going to judge somebody for doing the same thing i would if i was in their shoes!!
So they aren't really law abiding citizens are they!

It's very simple, they are here illegally! Why is that so hard to understand?
If they want to legally migrate have them fill out the proper forms to do so and get in line with everyone else.

They are a drain on all of our resources and we can no longer afford to let them slip thru the cracks. They have to be rounded up and given the boot! That is unless you want to see America turn into a 3rd world cesspool...is that your goal? I guess you think all the drug wars taking place on the border are a good thing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top