U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-12-2009, 07:28 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,836,058 times
Reputation: 3028

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeto View Post
Sorry but they are facts, look it up sometime, there are over 40 million hispanic immigrants (legal) in the united states, then there are estimates of up to 12 million illegals in the country (not all hispanic) So let's say that 10 out of the 12 million illegals are hispanic, that would make 40 out of 50 million hispanics in america LEGAL citizens, therefore causing a big problem with the OP's ignorant calls for profiling.
Actually, there are not 40 million LEGAL Hispanics in this country. Illegal aliens are included in that figure. Massive ILLEGAL immigration catapulted Hispanics to their new position of majority minority, which is precisely why La Raza, et al. want to ensure they remain here. The more “Hispanics” they can include in the census reports, the greater the amount of federal funding these illegal alien peddlers can receive.

Quote:
The U.S. Census Bureau provides a variety of demographic, social, economic, geographic, and housing information on the foreign-born population (including immigrants) in the United States. We use the term foreign born to refer to anyone who is not a U.S. citizen at birth. This includes naturalized U.S. citizens, Lawful Permanent Residents (immigrants), temporary migrants (such as students), humanitarian migrants (such as refugees), and persons illegally present in the United States.
https://ask.census.gov/cgi-bin/askce...l%20immigrants

Quote:
The 14th Amendment of the Constitution, ratified in 1868, says representatives to the U.S. House "should be apportioned among the several states according to their respective numbers,counting the whole number of persons in each state, excluding Indians not taxed."

"Our mandate is to count all residents regardless of legal status," said Mark Tolbert, a spokesman for the Census Bureau.

Miller, in reintroducing the amendment last year, said that states with a large number of illegal immigrants are gaining unfair representation in the House. Had her amendment been in place before the 2000 census, Miller said, California would have six fewer seats in the House while New York, Florida and Texas would have one fewer seat. States with fewer undocumented residents, including her own state of Michigan and others such as Kentucky, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, would have picked up a seat, she said.
GOP: Only legal residents should be counted - USATODAY.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-12-2009, 07:44 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,910,869 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Actually, there are not 40 million LEGAL Hispanics in this country. Illegal aliens are included in that figure. Massive ILLEGAL immigration catapulted Hispanics to their new position of majority minority, which is precisely why La Raza, et al. want to ensure they remain here. The more “Hispanics” they can include in the census reports, the greater the amount of federal funding these illegal alien peddlers can receive.



https://ask.census.gov/cgi-bin/askce...l%20immigrants



GOP: Only legal residents should be counted - USATODAY.com

Needless to say, ITA with USA Today. The counting of millions of people in this country illegally who contribute nothing to this country is nothing more than false representation of the population of UNITED STATES CITIZENS.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 03-12-2009 at 08:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2009, 08:18 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,836,058 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Needless to say, ITA with USA Today. The counting of millions of people in this country illegally who contribute nothing to this country is nothing more than false representation of the population of UNITED STATES CITIZENS.
Itís total insanity to include illegal aliens. They donít belong here. If I discovered a family had climbed into my attic and squatted for a month, I certainly wouldnít count them as family members simply because they managed to enter and stay in my house undetected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2009, 08:28 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,910,869 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It’s total insanity to include illegal aliens. They don’t belong here. If I discovered a family had climbed into my attic and squatted for a month, I certainly wouldn’t count them as family members simply because they managed to enter and stay in my house undetected.
ITA. It's beyond ridiculous. The mixed signals simply encourages them to think that they are special and above the American people who are expected to obey the laws. If caught, we are also held accountable for them as well.

Is it any wonder they delusionally think that they are special and above the law?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2009, 06:55 AM
 
217 posts, read 368,695 times
Reputation: 82
Default What part

WHAT PART OF MY "ILLEGAL ALIEN" THREAD DIDN'T YOU LIKE?? JUST ASKING..



Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeto View Post
This is a joke, right? If you want to do your part to stop illegal immigration, that's fine, it is your right, and it's an issue that many people are passionate about tackling. But to actually recommend that people call ICE when they see a gropup of hispanic people, C'mon that is just blatantly wrong, and I'm surprised this thread was even allowed to be posted. I don't even feel right dignifying this with a response, but I couldn't help myself!! Even by the most liberal estimates (not anti immigrant propaganda, but actual formulated estimates), nearly 80 percent of the hispanics in the U.S. are legal immigrants, so chances are the majority of the people you would suspect as illegals, are probably here legally. Chances are, if you see a lot of immigrants in one house, they're probably splitting living costs to get ahead, immigrants have done that for centuries. A post like this blantantly advocates the harrassment of immigrants, it's disgusting If you really want to catch illegals, do your research first to see if your suspicions are justified before sending government officials on witch hunts. Anybody taking the advice of a post like this, would just create a bunch of racially charged tension in a time when we as a nation need to come together to fight all that is weighing against us. I pray to God nobody takes this poster seriously!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2009, 12:06 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,917,032 times
Reputation: 6517
I myself wouldn't call ICE simply because I saw a group of any race, ethnic background, or foreign language speakers. I don't shop lowes or Home Depot. I prefer small town lumber yards. Better quality and it helps the local economy more. That said if for some reason I were at Lowes or Homedepot and I was approached by a group of any race offering to do work under the table I would ask for green cards. When they failed to deliver I would call ICE.
Many in my town wanted to call ICE on a family of hispanics. They keep to themselves and quite honestly are good neighbors. The voice of reason won out. It turns out that they are here legally are employed by a stone quarry and pay their taxes. How do we know? Because we went after the employer instead. He lives in this town and provided the proof to our local authorities.
Hispanic does not= criminal anymore than Black man does. The problem is that the vast majority of Illegals are in fact Hispanic. Compounded by the fact that many within the hispanic community both facilitate and support the illegals. This is what has caused the distrust. I feel the same about illegal Russians, Polish, Irish or where ever they hail.
The hispanic community would do itself a great service if they wuld stand up and denounce their illegal counterparts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2009, 02:23 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,910,869 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I myself wouldn't call ICE simply because I saw a group of any race, ethnic background, or foreign language speakers. I don't shop lowes or Home Depot. I prefer small town lumber yards. Better quality and it helps the local economy more. That said if for some reason I were at Lowes or Homedepot and I was approached by a group of any race offering to do work under the table I would ask for green cards. When they failed to deliver I would call ICE.
Many in my town wanted to call ICE on a family of hispanics. They keep to themselves and quite honestly are good neighbors. The voice of reason won out. It turns out that they are here legally are employed by a stone quarry and pay their taxes. How do we know? Because we went after the employer instead. He lives in this town and provided the proof to our local authorities.
Hispanic does not= criminal anymore than Black man does. The problem is that the vast majority of Illegals are in fact Hispanic. Compounded by the fact that many within the hispanic community both facilitate and support the illegals. This is what has caused the distrust. I feel the same about illegal Russians, Polish, Irish or where ever they hail.
The hispanic community would do itself a great service if they wuld stand up and denounce their illegal counterparts.


Great post and ITA. Rep points coming your way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2009, 04:31 PM
 
1,304 posts, read 2,926,091 times
Reputation: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I myself wouldn't call ICE simply because I saw a group of any race, ethnic background, or foreign language speakers. I don't shop lowes or Home Depot. I prefer small town lumber yards. Better quality and it helps the local economy more. That said if for some reason I were at Lowes or Homedepot and I was approached by a group of any race offering to do work under the table I would ask for green cards. When they failed to deliver I would call ICE.
Many in my town wanted to call ICE on a family of hispanics. They keep to themselves and quite honestly are good neighbors. The voice of reason won out. It turns out that they are here legally are employed by a stone quarry and pay their taxes. How do we know? Because we went after the employer instead. He lives in this town and provided the proof to our local authorities.
Hispanic does not= criminal anymore than Black man does. The problem is that the vast majority of Illegals are in fact Hispanic. Compounded by the fact that many within the hispanic community both facilitate and support the illegals. This is what has caused the distrust. I feel the same about illegal Russians, Polish, Irish or where ever they hail.
The hispanic community would do itself a great service if they wuld stand up and denounce their illegal counterparts.
Never happen.. too many or most are related to each other, or have more
relatives waiting to sneak over. Unless our government finally wakes up, and
secures our borders... Americans will keep paying the price.. and they will
indeed, keep taking!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2009, 10:49 PM
 
786 posts, read 2,273,933 times
Reputation: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolnana5 View Post
1-866-DHS-2-ICE (1-866-347-2423). Call Annonymously if you want..If you think an employer is hiring illegals or if you see a "hot house" lots of immigrants in one house, call ICE .. they will check on it.. its worth a phone call.. They are urging you to call. Like i see 20-30 immigrants in a field picking corn, at mcDonalds or working construction or whatever.. i called ice a couple times and they no longer working near me.. Also i see lots doing road work.. probably working for your state or a subcontractor , I would call Ice.. it works. And ask ICE for their TAG #. they will give you that but not their name.. that way you know they will report what you say.. i'd ask for TAG # up front first.. gl.
This is the stupidest post I've come upon so far.

You do know this is what is called a "witch hunt" right, and racial profiling to boot? Let's just harass people, and sure, they won't mind if they're legal. A little humiliation in front of everyone is nothing and probably is even good for one's health.

I can stand illegals, they're just trying to make a living - it's people like you who so easily volunteers others to sacrifice that I can't stand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2009, 07:17 AM
 
217 posts, read 368,695 times
Reputation: 82
its quite apparent that some are for and some against illegals.. with trillions spent through the years and continues to do so on illegals, it is also quite apparent that some of you can afford more taxes and more crime and more diseases and some can't.. I for one, can't stand it at all..And its quite apparent that America is now broke because of them.. When one of your family members don't have insurance and a serious health issue and can't afford a doctor and YOU see hundreds of illegals sitting in a hospital emergency room getting help and paid for by tax dollars, something is wrong here.. And the reason I know most to be illegal is because in 2007, 97% of hispanics that came here the last few years are ILLEGAL...so if you think its profiling or wrong for me to think like that, its on you.. I can still sleep at night knowing i'm doing the right thing..and i have all the time in the world since i was disabled by an illegal drunk driver with a md. drivers license.. thanks to our governor and his sanctuary state..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top