U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 08:29 PM

477 posts, read 570,951 times

Advertisements

Thanks again for this thread. True Americans will take this to heart and drop a dime.

Who's winning our contest? The OP has 6! Who can beat that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 08:35 AM

1,087 posts, read 2,342,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolnana5 View Post
1-866-DHS-2-ICE (1-866-347-2423). Call Annonymously if you want..If you think an employer is hiring illegals or if you see a "hot house" lots of immigrants in one house, call ICE .. they will check on it.. its worth a phone call.. They are urging you to call. Like i see 20-30 immigrants in a field picking corn, at mcDonalds or working construction or whatever.. i called ice a couple times and they no longer working near me.. Also i see lots doing road work.. probably working for your state or a subcontractor , I would call Ice.. it works. And ask ICE for their TAG #. they will give you that but not their name.. that way you know they will report what you say.. i'd ask for TAG # up front first.. gl.

1-866-DHS-2-ICE (1-866-347-2423).

Join Help Save Maryland to fight this Illegal Alien Invasion. End all taxpayer funding to CASA- or Central American Solidarity Association with ties to Marxist Hugo Chavez NOW! Our very sovereignty is at stake!

WWW.HELPSAVEMARYLAND.COM

www.ice.gov
www.ilw.com
Issues | NumbersUSA - For Lower Immigration Levels
ALIPAC Fighting Against Illegal Immigration

Judicial Watch
need facts..Go to these urls..
What a whole of bull. So a group of hispanics would make them all illegal...smart thinking. Sometimes I am amazed how this country made it so far. People are so ignorant.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
I don't think there is anything wrong with calling ICE if you see a group of people and you think they are here illegally. It is the same thing as calling the cops if you see something suspicious and you want to err on the side of safety. Thanks for the information OP! Keep up the good fight!
Next time I see a group of African Americans, I will call the cops, for sure those people are up to stealing something. The same goes for a group of anglos, I will call the cops, there are for sure KKK members trying to kill someone of darker skin. Give me a break.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:42 AM

1,636 posts, read 2,899,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTKing View Post
What a whole of bull. So a group of hispanics would make them all illegal...smart thinking. Sometimes I am amazed how this country made it so far. People are so ignorant.
You're going to base the entire country on people like this?

It's a minority. Hardly representive of the entire country. Things are better than ever.

I won't let these types break my confidence in the "true" Americans.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolnana5 View Post
I went to annapolis last week and opposed the continuation of drivers license to illegals among other things.. i was surprised of the "legal" hispanics who came to help us.. i did some research and quite an activist when it comes to illegals since i was disabled by an illegal drunk driver with a license from md. and about 3% our of over 40 million are legal..The odds are against them in respect to illegals.. I urge all to call ice 1-866-347-2423 and they will check their papers.. if they are legal, its great and they let them go.. Most hispanic americans don't mind at all.. They know they came to America to work and raise their families and did it the right way..and they also know that the illegals are working under the table and collecting benefits from taxpayers and keeping the legals from working also..
I'm a US citizen and also an immigrant. If ICE approaches me asking for my papers, I would consider that harassment, I will definitely exercise my rights as s US citizen and file a law suit against them.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
You're going to base the entire country on people like this?

It's a minority. Hardly representive of the entire country. Things are better than ever.

I won't let these types break my confidence in the "true" Americans.
It just makes me mad when I read such things. I am not sure who is a "true" American, and will definetely not go into it now. Anyways, I know that America is not just people like the OP, is also made up of millions of others that have more common sense and an open mind about LEGAL immigrants.

Old 03-03-2009, 03:19 PM

25,357 posts, read 16,300,645 times
I've been toying with the idea of taking out a DBA (doing business as...aka business name) of something with the acranym (yeah, I can't spell) ICE. Could be fun to park in front of Home Depot or our local Mexican resturants.

Old 03-03-2009, 03:47 PM

117 posts, read 259,560 times
I guess I better call ICE on myself next week then. We are having a huge family renunion, but I'm sure we will enjoy a free vacation to Mexico (I've never even been there before, yipee!)

Old 03-03-2009, 04:18 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,899,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I've been toying with the idea of taking out a DBA (doing business as...aka business name) of something with the acranym (yeah, I can't spell) ICE. Could be fun to park in front of Home Depot or our local Mexican resturants.
Have you checked out your local community college or learning annex for any programs you might enjoy?
I'm sure you can find better and more constructive things to do for "fun".

Old 03-03-2009, 04:18 PM

13,692 posts, read 15,122,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Also, aside from walking up and asking to see a green card or worker visa there is no way to be 100% sure about whether or not an immigrant is an illegal.
And what's wrong with walking up and asking for proof that they're here legally? That means anyone and everyone?

Why not have a random identity check day.

Everyone in the USA is required to have their identity papers and random checks will be done.

What's wrong with that?

I am sure that most people would not object because they are operating within the law. Those who want to protect the law breakers would be the most opposed to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration