U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-04-2009, 12:05 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
1,636 posts, read 2,912,587 times
Reputation: 226

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
If you don't do something about the massive influx of illegal aliens now you won't be living in a free society anyway. Your Orwellian fears will be realized.
lol, how?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-04-2009, 12:06 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
1,636 posts, read 2,912,587 times
Reputation: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgewalker View Post
If you use a credit card to pay for your purchases they already know
tons about you, where you shop, what you buy. This is very lame argument that attempts to spin an invasion of privacy issue into a free pass for illegal aliens.
That's a pretty lame argument itself. So people who were opposed to the Patriot Act were just trying to spin it into a free pass for terrorists?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2009, 01:40 PM
 
477 posts, read 573,597 times
Reputation: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
That's a pretty lame argument itself. So people who were opposed to the Patriot Act were just trying to spin it into a free pass for terrorists?
I personally didn't have a problem with the Patriot Act, of course I have nothing to hide. So yes, I would question why they opposed the PA.

When I travel into foreign countries I have to present my passport & go thru customs. They always want to know how long I will be there.

Note that I submit myself to the countries legal process for entering said county.

What's wrong with asking anyone coming into this country to do the same?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2009, 03:04 PM
 
Location: York, PA
2,669 posts, read 5,171,939 times
Reputation: 2579
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
as a person who often gets profiled (black/brown) i do have a problem with being stopped for no other reason than the color of my skin. i do have a problem with being suspected of commititng crimes.

until it happens to you, you shouldnt assume what others accept or dont.

we learn to live with it, but that dont mean we fully accept it. profiling is not the way to go. its better to have concrete evidence.

thats also the way to avoid these stupid law suits. you only open yourself up to be sued if you go around harrasing people for no other reason than for the way they look.

any intelligent individual understands that.
Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2009, 03:49 PM
 
Location: Denver
9,077 posts, read 15,556,835 times
Reputation: 5299
"group of hispanics"
"racial profiling is good"
"True Americans"

!This is an immigration klan forum Smogarsbord!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2009, 04:03 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,684,785 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
"group of hispanics"
"racial profiling is good"
"True Americans"

!This is an immigration klan forum Smogarsbord!
My 15-year old just got an invitation to a quinceanera next month. I thought of offering to send a case of soft drinks, or to help set up the furniture...but I would be afraid to offer to provide the "ice".....

It's getting so you REALLY have to watch what you say these days..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2009, 11:18 AM
 
Location: NE Florida
9,362 posts, read 22,430,842 times
Reputation: 9267
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael85225 View Post
I guess I better call ICE on myself next week then. We are having a huge family renunion, but I'm sure we will enjoy a free vacation to Mexico (I've never even been there before, yipee!)
That's a brilliant idea! I think I will report myself as well.


Did someone mention white Russians? I'll take one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2009, 11:35 AM
 
Location: Texas
447 posts, read 1,577,229 times
Reputation: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
And what's wrong with walking up and asking for proof that they're here legally? That means anyone and everyone?

Why not have a random identity check day.

Everyone in the USA is required to have their identity papers and random checks will be done.

What's wrong with that?

I am sure that most people would not object because they are operating within the law. Those who want to protect the law breakers would be the most opposed to it.
Hitler, Germany, 1937
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2009, 11:37 AM
 
309 posts, read 752,009 times
Reputation: 130
me as well i'm canadian in denver
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2009, 12:21 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,790,892 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
"group of hispanics"
"racial profiling is good"
"True Americans"

!This is an immigration klan forum Smogarsbord!
If Leander Perez of St Bernard Parish were still alive: he was a member of the White Citizen's Council and probably would have had a field day harassing the illegals from both Mexico and Central America 50 years ago.

BTW: Judge Perez was a 'Hispanic'----------of Spanish lineage so that race card would have been moot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top