U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 03-03-2009, 05:57 PM
 
8,180 posts, read 11,033,451 times
Reputation: 2873

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Which Mexicans you talking about? The conquering Spaniards or the natives like my Apaches? There were Indians in the North Americas, don't confuse European settlers with Indians who lived in the area we call Mexico conquered by Europeans.

Half a million years?

Where you getting half a million? I think you are off by 450,000 years. Just pointing out a small anomaly in your data.

Quite an imagination, putting Paleolithic early humans in the same basket as Mexicans and Indians which weren't even part of that land mass.

New Evidence Puts Man In North America 50,000 Years Ago

Next you'll be putting a sombrero on Homo Erectus and relocating Pangea.
500,000 years or 50,000 years? Legal or illegal -- it's all the same, right?

 
Old 03-03-2009, 05:59 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintada Kid View Post
Mexicans and Indians have lived in the Americas not 40 thousand years but possibly Half a Million years but whose counting? el pintada kid
Proof please.

Remember there was no Mexico till 1821.
 
Old 03-03-2009, 06:01 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Which Mexicans you talking about? The conquering Spaniards or the natives like my Apaches? There were Indians in the North Americas, don't confuse European settlers with Indians who lived in the area we call Mexico conquered by Europeans.

Half a million years?

Where you getting half a million? I think you are off by 450,000 years. Just pointing out a small anomaly in your data.

Quite an imagination, putting Paleolithic early humans in the same basket as Mexicans and Indians which weren't even part of that land mass.

New Evidence Puts Man In North America 50,000 Years Ago

Next you'll be putting a sombrero on Homo Erectus and relocating Pangea.
And to run with your ball further: all of us human beings (homo sapiens) can trace their genetic heritage back to Africa 60,000 years ago.

Apache in your family tree? Our Kele is 1/8 of that heritage as well.
 
Old 03-03-2009, 06:25 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Which Mexicans you talking about? The conquering Spaniards or the natives like my Apaches? There were Indians in the North Americas, don't confuse European settlers with Indians who lived in the area we call Mexico conquered by Europeans.

Half a million years?

Where you getting half a million? I think you are off by 450,000 years. Just pointing out a small anomaly in your data.

Quite an imagination, putting Paleolithic early humans in the same basket as Mexicans and Indians which weren't even part of that land mass.

New Evidence Puts Man In North America 50,000 Years Ago

Next you'll be putting a sombrero on Homo Erectus and relocating Pangea.
Yeah....you and I are friends, so I will repectfully have to disagree with the article. Dr. Goodyear doesn't have a whole lot of credibility within Anthropological academia--a date of 50,000 years before present is pretty difficult to establish on a land mass that we know was a skating rink off and on (more on) throughout the Upper Paleolithic.

Personally, I'd be thrilled to find pre-Clovis archaeology and human remains--but, just like the theory that the fabricators of Solutrean technology managed to get here from Europe some 30,000 years ago--there just really isn't enough evidence to back those theories. One site does not a colonization event make.

By the way, I love the image of Homo erectus in a sombrero! Too funny!
 
Old 03-03-2009, 08:35 PM
 
Location: SW Kansas
1,787 posts, read 3,346,148 times
Reputation: 1401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintada Kid View Post
Mexicans and Indians have lived in the Americas not 40 thousand years but possibly Half a Million years but whose counting? el pintada kid
What difference does it make?
 
Old 03-04-2009, 08:39 AM
 
Location: center of N.M.
775 posts, read 2,311,039 times
Reputation: 478
Default Another Brain Teaser

The Spanish have a Saying for all you Brain Scientists ..... Los Que Saben Mas Y Entienden Menos.... Apes were making Stone tools and weapons in Africa over a Million years ago. Cave men were in Caves in Europe over half a Million years ago. The Cave men in the World and in New Mexico started dying after the ice age not before over 12 to 15 thousand years ago.... Class Dismissed... el pintada kid
 
Old 03-04-2009, 08:40 AM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Reputation: 17687
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And to run with your ball further: all of us human beings (homo sapiens) can trace their genetic heritage back to Africa 60,000 years ago.

Apache in your family tree? Our Kele is 1/8 of that heritage as well.

1/2

Kele for President
 
Old 03-04-2009, 09:30 AM
 
Location: In the heights
20,113 posts, read 21,729,745 times
Reputation: 10216
Oh right, because mestizo half spanish-half aztec/mayan peoples of today are the same as the apaches, navajo, haida, cherokee, etc. of centuries ago. What exactly does this line of argument go for? How does this really help anything whatsoever?
 
Old 03-04-2009, 09:40 AM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintada Kid View Post
The Spanish have a Saying for all you Brain Scientists ..... Los Que Saben Mas Y Entienden Menos.... Apes were making Stone tools and weapons in Africa over a Million years ago. Cave men were in Caves in Europe over half a Million years ago. The Cave men in the World and in New Mexico started dying after the ice age not before over 12 to 15 thousand years ago.... Class Dismissed... el pintada kid
Where did you get your degree?

I have one--in Anthropology. Your little essay above is full of holes and shows a distinct lack of understanding regarding the biological evolution of hominids as well as hominid migratory patterns.

1. Oldowan Technology from the Olduvai Gorge in Ethiopia has been dated at 2.6 million years. The likely candidate for the fabrication of those tools is one of our early hominid ancestors--Australopithicus garhi. They were NOT apes. The only stone tools that apes use is the occasional rock to break open nuts--they do not fabricate flaked stone tools--never have AND without another million years of evolution--likely never will.

2. Cave Man is a non-descriptive description and misleading as well. Early hominids were not stationary, living in caves. They were migratory, following the animals that they hunted and the seasonal subsistance plants that they gathered. And when you say "cave man" do you mean Homo erectus? Do you mean Homo neanderthalensis? Or perhaps you're speakiing of anatomically modern Homo sapien whose evolution out of Africa began 100,000 years ago? Those species did not simply "die out." There was evolution and assimilation over hundreds of thousands of years. Homo erectus began migration out of Africa into Eurasia and South Asia 1.7 mya (million years ago). Shall I go on?

3. There is absolutely NO conclusive evidence for colonization of the New World before 14,500 BP--sorry. Myths and oral tradition are not corroborated by the evidence. Even in areas where climate would be conducive to the preservation of human remains within the New World, there have been no finds which date pre-Clovis.

NOW class is dismissed.....
 
Old 03-04-2009, 10:06 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintada Kid View Post
The Spanish have a Saying for all you Brain Scientists ..... Los Que Saben Mas Y Entienden Menos.... Apes were making Stone tools and weapons in Africa over a Million years ago. Cave men were in Caves in Europe over half a Million years ago. The Cave men in the World and in New Mexico started dying after the ice age not before over 12 to 15 thousand years ago.... Class Dismissed... el pintada kid
Proof please as in links.

Otherwise you are nothing more than a Troll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top