U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 09:07 PM

775 posts, read 2,310,753 times

Advertisements

The Mexicans and Indians have lived in the Americas for over 40 thousand years and are the True Native Americans. The Spanish have lived in the Americas over 500 years and the Other Whts 200 years. el pintada kid

Old 02-28-2009, 09:11 PM

14,806 posts, read 18,801,729 times
I agree with most people in here,
we need to defend the american culture and language.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:58 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,032,296 times
Just as the Native Americans do....

Old 02-28-2009, 11:41 PM

2,381 posts, read 4,408,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintada Kid View Post
The Mexicans and Indians have lived in the Americas for over 40 thousand years and are the True Native Americans. The Spanish have lived in the Americas over 500 years and the Other Whts 200 years. el pintada kid
That is a very contradicting statement but hey, I'm all for preserving our indigenous cultures. However, we will need to do that in our respective countries.

Very interesting that both of those pictures are of Native Americans. Anyone could easily make a mistake and think they are Mexican indigenous people.

Old 03-01-2009, 06:30 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
That is a very contradicting statement but hey, I'm all for preserving our indigenous cultures. However, we will need to do that in our respective countries.

Very interesting that both of those pictures are of Native Americans. Anyone could easily make a mistake and think they are Mexican indigenous people.
Quote:
Going by DNA testing: even 'full blood' pre Euro indigenous peoples are varied----------some are 'Native American' whereas others are Asian.

And; there is growing evidence that White Euro blood (genes) were present here prior to 1492.

Again: who is a 'Native' American?

Old 03-01-2009, 08:02 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,686,811 times
Quote:
Oh please...don't make me go all archaeologist on you.

True "Mexicans" are a mixed blood people, hence the term "Mestizo." They are of Native Mesoamerican and European (Spanish) ancestry. There was no such thing as as a Mexican until September 16, 1821--Mexico as a country did not exist before that date.

Additionally--the earliest archaeological site in the New World has been carbon dated at 14,500 years B.P.--there is absolutely no credible evidence for occupation of the Americas before that date and most early paleoindiian sites have been dated between 12,500 and 10,000 B.P.

Mesoamerican and North American Indians have been culturally separated for thousands of years. The French, for example, began fur hunting and trading with Native Americans in the late 16th century. While trade networks between the Americas are known to have been in place for a couple thousand years before (European) contact--natural barriers, i.e.; deserts, large bodies of water, distance, etc. had prevented northward and southward migration between the modern day U.S. and modern day Mexico for thousands of years.

European settlements in the New World (other than Spanish) began well over 400 years ago. Norsemen from Greenland and Iceland were the first Europeans to reach North America in what is today Newfoundland, Canada, when the Icelander Leif Ericson reached North America via Norse settlements in Greenland around the year 1000, nearly five centuries before Columbus.

You should consider picking up a history or anthropology book or two before making blanket statements such as this one.

Last edited by Kele; 03-01-2009 at 08:41 AM..

Old 03-01-2009, 08:43 AM

8,973 posts, read 14,610,630 times
Quote:
Why wife is an Indian....and while she doesn't look QUITE as young as she did 40 years ago when I married her, I don't think she's anywhere CLOSE to being 40.000 years old....not even half that.

But I promise I'll ask her when she comes in the house again. (She's outside..probably 'communicating with the great Spirit' or whatever it is those people do). I know she's been here a long time, (she was born next door)...so you COULD be right...but I don't think so.....

(PS I myself am a Wht and I can GUARANTEE you I'll never live to see 200....)

Last edited by macmeal; 03-01-2009 at 09:06 AM..

Old 03-01-2009, 10:02 AM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 22 days ago)

9,059 posts, read 15,464,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Why wife is an Indian....and while she doesn't look QUITE as young as she did 40 years ago when I married her, I don't think she's anywhere CLOSE to being 40.000 years old....not even half that.

But I promise I'll ask her when she comes in the house again. (She's outside..probably 'communicating with the great Spirit' or whatever it is those people do). I know she's been here a long time, (she was born next door)...so you COULD be right...but I don't think so.....

(PS I myself am a Wht and I can GUARANTEE you I'll never live to see 200....)
Are you sure? I mean, you live in Orange County and we have the best plastic surgeons on earth here.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Are you sure? I mean, you live in Orange County and we have the best plastic surgeons on earth here.

You told me you LEFT!!.....What's going on here?....either you live here, or you don't!! I thought you were up in the bay area, where MY ancestors came from...

Besides THAT, I heard most plastic surgeons are hurting for work, because of the economy...they're probably looking for jobs as fry cooks now..

Old 03-01-2009, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
You could have fooled me...that second guy's holding an American flag, alright...but that flag in the background? That's either the flag of Maryland, or something the Pope has hanging from his balcony. THe guy MAY not be an AMERICAN at ALL....maybe he's a Catholic..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or