U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 03:25 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,124,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
It forces them to realize that they create their own problems and separate their own families.
Their fault? It wasn't as if the illegal aliens did it intentionally in order to take advantage of the US welfare system and to avoid applying for a visa legally! The fault lies with the US although I'm currently having quite a difficult time on trying to find out why...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 06:20 PM

217 posts, read 262,522 times
sad case..They come here illegally and have babies they can't support and the kids are supported by the generosity of the american taxpayers...The kids suffer for it..They don't need parents and grandparents like that.. its happening all over.. All the women are pregnant with the presumption they can stay once they have babies.. Our government will take the babies because your illegal to begin with..until you become citizens, pay taxes instead of being supported by americans, stop burning the American flag and start using a trash can, until then, go home where you came from.. OUr country is no longer prosperous.. its broke and doomed...thank you very much..

Old 03-01-2009, 07:12 PM

7,020 posts, read 7,144,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
Their fault? It wasn't as if the illegal aliens did it intentionally in order to take advantage of the US welfare system and to avoid applying for a visa legally! The fault lies with the US although I'm currently having quite a difficult time on trying to find out why...
Indeed.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:33 PM

194 posts, read 286,203 times
, stop burning the American flag and start using a trash can, until then, go home where you came from.. OUr country is no longer prosperous.. its broke and doomed...thank you very much..[/quote]
Yeah, sure our country's economic problems are solely the fault of illegal immigrants!!! The "recession" has nothing to do with dubious mortgage lenders,greedy wannabe homeowners,erratic spending on costly wars,or corporations shipping our jobs to India while giving their execs a raise does it? No it was all those people coming here to mow lawns and make burritos, that's what did america in, huh? I knew it!! Maybe we should take em to Detroit or alabama to teach em how to use trash cans, or wait, i guess illegals are the cause of all the problems there too. I sure sleep better at night knowing that some couple from Florida got deported, more kids growing up in foster homes, now that's what america needs, maybe they'll become gangsta rappers!!!

Old 03-01-2009, 11:43 PM

608 posts, read 549,373 times
C'mon now, you're taking this to the extreme. Few people on this site want to systematicly destroy Hispanic families or culture...However, if people are coming into the USA illegally, it needs to be stopped for many reasons that I've already given too many times before. I'm willing to understand that some people's views on this forum are a little harsh and even far from correct, but how can you be suprised considering what has been done to our great nation within the past fifteen years? Explain to me and others that DON"T support illegals taking our tax dollars, jobs, way of life, etc why we should support them.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:51 PM

10,593 posts, read 22,670,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
When you are in the US illegally, you can't own a car, you can't register a car, you can't get a drivers license, you can't get car insurance, the list goes on. SO one can assume they are using stolen IDs. How would you feel if it was your identity they had stolen. You would be singing a different story.

Send them BACK to their country. If they can come back legally then good for them.

As for an American found to be illegally in Mexico, I would not assume that they would be returned unharmed from Mexico. If you don't live in a boardering state maybe you don't hear the horror stories as much. I don't care to ever clap eyes on the Mexico again, thank you. It should be a clue of how bad it is there because of the FLOOD of people trying to get OUT.

Old 03-02-2009, 12:13 AM

194 posts, read 286,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishing View Post
C'mon now, you're taking this to the extreme. Few people on this site want to systematicly destroy Hispanic families or culture...However, if people are coming into the USA illegally, it needs to be stopped for many reasons that I've already given too many times before. I'm willing to understand that some people's views on this forum are a little harsh and even far from correct, but how can you be suprised considering what has been done to our great nation within the past fifteen years? Explain to me and others that DON"T support illegals taking our tax dollars, jobs, way of life, etc why we should support them.
I don't think that we, as taxpayers should support illegals, or anybody else for that matter, nor do i think we should support some massive deportation witch hunt, especially when there are other problems in our country right now that take precedence. I think welfare and things of that nature should be reserved for people who REALLY need it. It just bothers me that we've had generation after generation of americans growing up with welfare as a career option, but because some illegal immigrants have been caught using the system, it's become a widespread misbelief that all these illegals are here milking the welfare system, when american-born people are by far the biggest culprits of such activities. Most immigrants, illegal or otherwise, do not get any kind of assistance, aside from ESL and other like programs designed to help them get assimilated. People also seem to forget that for every estimated illegal immigrant in this country, there are 4 to 5 immigrants that came here LEGALLY since 1990 alone, and I can't help but think that many of these posters would just as soon deport them too!! I don't condone illegal immigration, but i think america needs to step up and take responsibility for some of the problems south of the border, seeing as how the flow of illegal drugs into the United States is the biggest factor behind the corruption of Mexico and the recent violence there. as long as mexico is america's illegal drug store, the cartels will further corrupt the country and the illegals will keep flowing north.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:24 AM

17,439 posts, read 14,081,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeto View Post
I don't think that we, as taxpayers should support illegals, or anybody else for that matter, nor do i think we should support some massive deportation witch hunt, especially when there are other problems in our country right now that take precedence. I think welfare and things of that nature should be reserved for people who REALLY need it. It just bothers me that we've had generation after generation of americans growing up with welfare as a career option, but because some illegal immigrants have been caught using the system, it's become a widespread misbelief that all these illegals are here milking the welfare system, when american-born people are by far the biggest culprits of such activities. Most immigrants, illegal or otherwise, do not get any kind of assistance, aside from ESL and other like programs designed to help them get assimilated. People also seem to forget that for every estimated illegal immigrant in this country, there are 4 to 5 immigrants that came here LEGALLY since 1990 alone, and I can't help but think that many of these posters would just as soon deport them too!! I don't condone illegal immigration, but i think america needs to step up and take responsibility for some of the problems south of the border, seeing as how the flow of illegal drugs into the United States is the biggest factor behind the corruption of Mexico and the recent violence there. as long as mexico is america's illegal drug store, the cartels will further corrupt the country and the illegals will keep flowing north.

This whole Illegal thing has been going on for 50 years and it's been the same tune all along. Mexico treats it's poorest citizens like trash and that has NOTHING to do with the US. Remittances are Mexico's second largest source of income and somehow they will need to come off our teat not print documents that show how to sneak in illegally and send money back.
Whether they need an Obama spread the wealth plan or whatever it needs to be done. The drug problem going on now is completely separate from the rest of the history between the two Countries.
I'm tired of reading the "poor Mexico" excuses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration