U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2009, 01:55 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times

Advertisements

Pompano Beach - Hundreds of Haitians and supporters gathered to protest current U.S. immigration law and urge President Barack Obama and his administration to grant temporary protection status to the more than 30,000 illegal Haitian immigrants living in the United States. Haiti's poverty has long hurt its people but after Hurricane Gustav struck the island in August 2008, thousands were left homeless without food, running water and electricity. Under current immigration law, the 600 Haitians being held at the Broward Transitional Center on Powerline Road, where the protest was held, will be sent back to even more dire conditions.

Protest held in Pompano Beach against U.S. policy on Haitians -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/community/news/pompano_beach/sfl-flbhaitians0301sbmar01,0,978696.story - broken link)

It's time to roll up the red carpet and deport every single illegal alien ingrate that is in this country. We are NOT the world's savior.

All of you need to take your ungrateful, self absorbed butts home and protest and demand what you want from YOUR government in YOUR countries. . . .

Last edited by JDubsMom; 03-01-2009 at 02:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 04:06 PM

608 posts, read 791,332 times
Even though I feel bad for these Hatians, I agree that it's time for these disenfranchised people to stand up for their rights in their own countries. We can't continue to keep bringing in unskilled and undereducated people from throughout the world simply because we as a nation feel an obligation to be the world's safehaven. The U.S. is in a dire situation as it is just trying to feed, clothe, and employ its own citizens! How can any responsible government justify adding to a problem it has no solution for, and then forcing the citizens of our nation to carry the burden of dealing with it? Until we can solve our own national dilemma, it's time to close the door on immigration into the USA.

Old 03-01-2009, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishing View Post
Even though I feel bad for these Hatians, I agree that it's time for these disenfranchised people to stand up for their rights in their own countries. We can't continue to keep bringing in unskilled and undereducated people from throughout the world simply because we as a nation feel an obligation to be the world's safehaven. The U.S. is in a dire situation as it is just trying to feed, clothe, and employ its own citizens! How can any responsible government justify adding to a problem it has no solution for, and then forcing the citizens of our nation to carry the burden of dealing with it? Until we can solve our own national dilemma, it's time to close the door on immigration into the USA.
Agreed. Multiple millions of illiterate, low to no skilled, co-dependent irresponsible criminals, coupled with their 3rd world crime and birth rates is killing what is left of America. I've had it up to my eyeballs for a long time now. I just want them all to go home, take some responsibility for their personal messes and deal with their multitude of dysfunctional self-inflicted issues. America is not some magical land of dreams, full of citizens with an unlimited supply of money and sympathy that can do the impossible: save those who aren't willing to save themselves and are not worth us making the effort to save them.

Old 03-01-2009, 04:37 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
I have only 1 question. Why is it that they think we owe them anything?
Just wondering. It seems that everyone thinks we owe them a free pass.
Illegals from where ever.
Hatians.
Where does it end?
Ups that makes 2 questions.

Old 03-01-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Hatians.
Where does it end?
I wish I had an answer for their presumptive ignorance. As for where it ends, I think our imminent financial collapse is working on that answer.

Old 03-01-2009, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Hatians.
Where does it end?
One of our greatest weaknesses as a nation is this rediculous notion that many of our citizens feel they owe the rest of the world something since we're the global superpower. This feeling of guilt resulting from our nations previous dealings with the rest of the world has been noticed by others trying to get into the USA. These internationals feed off that guilt some of us feel, and take full advantage. WE ARE BEING USED!!!
It ends when our citizens stand up and realize that no one owes anyone anything! We (all people) are in charge of our own destiny, and we can't afford to make excuses regardless.

Old 03-01-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
One of our greatest weaknesses as a nation is this rediculous notion that many of our citizens feel they owe the rest of the world something since we're the global superpower. This feeling of guilt resulting from our nations previous dealings with the rest of the world has been noticed by others trying to get into the USA. These internationals feed off that guilt some of us feel, and take full advantage. WE ARE BEING USED!!!
It ends when our citizens stand up and realize that no one owes anyone anything! We (all people) are in charge of our own destiny, and we can't afford to make excuses regardless.
Unfortunately, foreigners from all over the world have come to our country to feed off of America's unfortunate legacy of slavery and racial prejudice. While I cannot forget the history of my people in this country, I have learned to forgive those who were responsible (most if not all of whom are dead) for their PAST transgressions and I have left it there. I find it disgusting and ironic that those who are here illegally are demanding the most while having contributed or done NOTHING to enrich this country, merit citizenship nor the special treatment and consideration that they so arrogantly demand.

Old 03-01-2009, 06:15 PM

Thank you for proving my point! Our national history may not be perfect by any means, but it's time to tell the whiners to can it! If they're not willing to contribute towards the betterment of their own lives, how can they help our country? We need to stand up to BS.

Old 03-01-2009, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Thank you for proving my point! Our national history may not be perfect by any means, but it's time to tell the whiners to can it! If they're not willing to contribute towards the betterment of their own lives, how can they help our country? We need to stand up to BS.
Agreed. I know many other black Americans who feel the same way that I do. It's time for us to organize, demand that our government stop coddling illegal aliens and take care of we the American people/taxpayers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or