U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 03:24 PM

32,798 posts, read 30,034,103 times

Advertisements

22 Mexicans aboard boat apprehended -- Union-Tribune Newsblog

It seems like they are packing more and more into these boats now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2009, 03:46 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
22 Mexicans aboard boat apprehended -- Union-Tribune Newsblog

It seems like they are packing more and more into these boats now.
Quote:
They stopped the suspected smuggling boat and took all 22 aboard into custody to be turned over to U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents.
I guess the drug cartels' like the illegal aliens' motto for invasion of the US is by any means necessary. It's long past time for the US to seriously consider mexico an enemy of the US, build the wall and cut off all foreign aid.

As long as they feel welcomed in the US they will continue to invade and destroy.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 03-02-2009 at 04:48 PM..

Old 03-02-2009, 08:27 PM

608 posts, read 791,184 times
Considering what's happening in Mexico right now, it may not be long before Mexico really does become a US enemy. I'm still hoping that the Mexican government can retake their country from the cartells though. If Mexico falls into anarchy, this will result in massive loss of life and millions of Mexican refugees pouring into the already financially ruined USA. I'm not a huge fan of Mexico or their problem citizens that illegaly enter my nation, but I'm holding out hope that they can find a way to hold their country together...for OUR benefit.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:30 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishing View Post
Considering what's happening in Mexico right now, it may not be long before Mexico really does become a US enemy. I'm still hoping that the Mexican government can retake their country from the cartells though. If Mexico falls into anarchy, this will result in massive loss of life and millions of Mexican refugees pouring into the already financially ruined USA. I'm not a huge fan of Mexico or their problem citizens that illegaly enter my nation, but I'm holding out hope that they can find a way to hold their country together...for OUR benefit.
You are echoing my fears that Mexico is fixin' to implode as well.

Needless to say: I hope to God that Obama has the courage to set up internment camps to keep said refugees out of our cities.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:47 PM

608 posts, read 791,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
You are echoing my fears that Mexico is fixin' to implode as well.

Needless to say: I hope to God that Obama has the courage to set up internment camps to keep said refugees out of our cities.
Me too...I think it wouldn't hurt to have the national guard in the area either to ensure order and keep the cartells out of the US as much as possible. Being that we live in border states, now would be a good time to start contemplating what may occur.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:09 PM

2,403 posts, read 5,619,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I guess the drug cartels' like the illegal aliens' motto for invasion of the US is by any means necessary. It's long past time for the US to seriously consider mexico an enemy of the US, build the wall and cut off all foreign aid.

As long as they feel welcomed in the US they will continue to invade and destroy.
Again I must say NORTH AMERICAN SUPER HIGHWAY, NORTH AMERICAN SECURITY AGREEMENT , NORTH AMERICAN UNION . These are things "your" elected officials are voteing on as we speak . I say "YOUR's " because i went off grid several years ago. Loving it more every day! How about Jolly Green giant foods , They moved to Mexico because they couldn't meet the health standards for the pest sprays. so now they are grown there and shipped back here for us ( well some of you ) to injest???? Great hu!!!

Old 03-03-2009, 09:55 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Quote:
This MUST NOT be allowed to happen. Once they are here they will never leave. We have people from Central America who came here to seek 'temporary' refuge after a hurricane that struck their home countries almost 15 years ago. Every time we try to send them home, some 'group' fights it and they end up staying. If millions of Mexican 'refugees' swarm across our border, it will be all over for the US.

Old 03-03-2009, 04:16 PM

7,624 posts, read 8,115,516 times
Quote:
Me too...I think it wouldn't hurt to have the national guard in the area either to ensure order and keep the cartells out of the US as much as possible. Being that we live in border states, now would be a good time to start contemplating what may occur.
Were going to need a heck of alot more then a few hundred National Guard troops. In 1916, President Wilson sent almost 500,000 troops to the border - the ENTIRE US Army and the ENTIRE National Guard except Coast Artillery units - and that was still not enough to properly patrol and defend the Mexican border.

Factoring in modern technology and firepower I would say we would need about 100,000 troops, if not even more on the Mexican border.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:48 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Were going to need a heck of alot more then a few hundred National Guard troops. In 1916, President Wilson sent almost 500,000 troops to the border - the ENTIRE US Army and the ENTIRE National Guard except Coast Artillery units - and that was still not enough to properly patrol and defend the Mexican border.

Factoring in modern technology and firepower I would say we would need about 100,000 troops, if not even more on the Mexican border.
That was 1916. Things they didn't have back then:
1. Predator drones
2. Apache gunships
3. Spy sats
4. M1A1 main battle tanks
5. TOW and Hellfire Missiles
6. F-15, F-16, F-18, and F-22 fighter planes
7. Awacs aircraft
To name but a few things.
We have a fence that creates bottle necks for these illegals ie herds them to few crossing areas. Not an impossible task at all.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:53 PM

32,798 posts, read 30,034,103 times
If the current Mex President takes a bullet it will be utter chaos almost for certain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration