Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 09:43 PM

25,040 posts, read 27,794,165 times

Advertisements

Why do state Republicans go through all the trouble upsetting the bed wetting pro-illegal liberals and La Raza types when they could easily pass laws levying a $1M fine per illegal worker working at a business and have the IRS audit the businesses to find discrepancies in employee related expenses? Why go through all the legal trouble the ACLU et. al. mount with jailing illegals when if you force businesses to fire all their illegal slaves, they'll all leave anyway?

Laws like SB1070 really treat the symptom, and not the underlying illness. What happens if SB1070 gets declared unconstitutional? Then what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 10:20 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,483,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Why do state Republicans go through all the trouble upsetting the bed wetting pro-illegal liberals and La Raza types when they could easily pass laws levying a $1M fine per illegal worker working at a business and have the IRS audit the businesses to find discrepancies in employee related expenses? Why go through all the legal trouble the ACLU et. al. mount with jailing illegals when if you force businesses to fire all their illegal slaves, they'll all leave anyway?

Laws like SB1070 really treat the symptom, and not the underlying illness. What happens if SB1070 gets declared unconstitutional? Then what?
I dont know.

What scares me is it REALLY hitting the fan and decent people getting hurt by the idiots on BOTH sides unless we start seeing illegals go byebye and soon.

Old 05-12-2011, 12:56 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,247,167 times
Quote:

Because Republicans are beholden to corporate America and will never go against corporations, even if they break the law.

Old 05-12-2011, 07:58 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,415,062 times
Yes, it would be best to go after the fines and penalize the corporations, plus cut off all welfare handouts to illegals.

Even the bleeding hearts who want to bring in all the poor people of the entire world have less sympathy for the greedy cheap labor types. The bleeding hearts want the businesses to pay much more so shouldn't have trouble with big fines and prison for breaking wage and labor laws.

And it shouldn't be too much of a problem to cut off food stamps, Medicaid, WIC and free housing to illegals even if they have anchor babies because the open borders side claims no illegal benefits from any welfare program at all - so it would be hard for the open borders side to do a 180 and demand that illegals can still show up in welfare offices to claim the food stamps and WIC.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:27 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,263,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Because Republicans are beholden to corporate America and will never go against corporations, even if they break the law.
What's the Democrats excuse then?

Old 05-12-2011, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
What's the Democrats excuse then?
That's what I want to know. Democrats are not enforcing federal law, yet accuse Republicans of being in bed with corps that hire illegals Wonderful logic eh? That's why I take whatever Savoir says with a grain of salt or just don't reply to his non-sense.

But anyway, I just feel that SB1070 is a way to make it look like they are fixing the problem, when they aren't tackling the root of the problem. I think they should abandon all SB1070-esque laws and go for broke by cutting off the legs of all businesses that hire illegals. After that, then force all police in the state to sign on to 287(g) to catch and deport the rest that haven't left after they were given the sack by their employer. You see how much less of a headache that was? As for jailing illegals for crossing the border without authorization, they could technically charge them with criminal trespass or something similar and have them jailed that way

Old 05-12-2011, 10:01 AM

Quote:
That's what I want to know. Democrats are not enforcing federal law, yet accuse Republicans of being in bed with corps that hire illegals Wonderful logic eh? That's why I take whatever Savoir says with a grain of salt or just don't reply to his non-sense.

But anyway, I just feel that SB1070 is a way to make it look like they are fixing the problem, when they aren't tackling the root of the problem. I think they should abandon all SB1070-esque laws and go for broke by cutting off the legs of all businesses that hire illegals. After that, then force all police in the state to sign on to 287(g) to catch and deport the rest that haven't left after they were given the sack by their employer. You see how much less of a headache that was? As for jailing illegals for crossing the border without authorization, they could technically charge them with criminal trespass or something similar and have them jailed that way
Actually, my views on this is that both the employers and the illegal employees are equally guilty. So they both need to have our laws enforced against them.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:11 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,686,771 times
Quote:
Actually, my views on this is that both the employers and the illegal employees are equally guilty. So they both need to have our laws enforced against them.
Unfortunately the new enforcement bills introduced seem to have exceptions for the employers, or are overruled by big businesses.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Herein lies the problem. What IF the most crucial parts of SB1070 are deemed unconstitutional by the SCOTUS? Then we'll have NOTHING, short of severely penalizing businesses. Don't rely on SB1070-like laws when their future is uncertain. In other words, don't put all your eggs in one basket

Old 05-12-2011, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Herein lies the problem. What IF the most crucial parts of SB1070 are deemed unconstitutional by the SCOTUS? Then we'll have NOTHING, short of severely penalizing businesses. Don't rely on SB1070-like laws when their future is uncertain. In other words, don't put all your eggs in one basket
The problem is though, that the powers that be aren't going after the employers like they should anymore than they are going after the illegals like they should. They are bucking e-verify also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration