U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 12:45 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,582,427 times

Advertisements

Foreign Policy: Reverse Migration Rocks Mexico

It's bad enough that the US economy is in a recession it's even worse that so many 100% legal immigrants from Mexico will have to return. Once this happens where will these law-abiding, green card-holding people receive free foreign tax payer-subsidized services? Where else can they send back remittances without being taxed?

There's only one option to solve this exodus: the US government needs to grant amnesty to all of them! It'll certainly increase the unemployment rate and strain our social services even further but this is a responsibility that is required of the US and its citizens in order to prove that they're not racist. If not, then I hope La Raza, the ACLU, MALDEF, LULAC, MEChA and other upstanding, non-biased, pro-law civil liberty groups file lawsuits in order to ensure that such a thing happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 03:12 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,711,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post

It's bad enough that the US economy is in a recession it's even worse that so many 100% legal immigrants from Mexico will have to return. Once this happens where will these law-abiding, green card-holding people receive free foreign tax payer-subsidized services? Where else can they send back remittances without being taxed?

There's only one option to solve this exodus: the US government needs to grant amnesty to all of them! It'll certainly increase the unemployment rate and strain our social services even further but this is a responsibility that is required of the US and its citizens in order to prove that they're not racist. If not, then I hope La Raza, the ACLU, MALDEF, LULAC, MEChA and other upstanding, non-biased, pro-law civil liberty groups file lawsuits in order to ensure that such a thing happens.
This sounds like something one of our politicians would say.

Old 03-03-2009, 03:57 PM

2,490 posts, read 4,789,913 times
If the legal immigrants want to return to their country, so be it. What are we going to do, detain them? With so many legal immigrants going home, maybe fewer illegals will come here. Maybe more illegals will return home as well. No problem....

Old 03-03-2009, 03:57 PM

2,075 posts, read 1,774,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post

1. Amnesty for illegal's ? Not so good. 2. Subsidized
services ? Bad 3. Un -employment / recession. Terrible 4. Sarcastic satire? priceless!!! Wish I could rep. you on that. Very funny.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:25 AM

2,381 posts, read 4,410,081 times
I know some of those people that are returning back to Mexico, are business owners in this country who are closing and taking their savings of 10-20 years with them. I'm sure they will live comfortably there. Our loss will be the jobs, salary and taxes they contributed to this economy.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:17 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I know some of those people that are returning back to Mexico, are business owners in this country who are closing and taking their savings of 10-20 years with them. I'm sure they will live comfortably there. Our loss will be the jobs, salary and taxes they contributed to this economy.
Frankly: Mexico needs that human capital very badly; we still have lots of folks here with a 'can-do' attitude.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:43 AM

20,128 posts, read 21,737,714 times
I hope the immigrants that left Mexico poor, illiterate, and uneducated go back to Mexico able and willing to sustain themselves and do something about the sorry state of their own country. Hopefully, this turns into a win-win situation for everyone.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:12 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Quote:
Oh the humanity! No more street vendor hotdogs?

Old 03-04-2009, 12:17 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,711,852 times
Quote:
Mexico will gain entrepreneurs with the experience and capital to start new businesses in Mexico creating jobs and generating wealth. The economic niche that their departure leaves in the US will quickly be filled by Americans, it is not like we have a shortage of people looking for work. Both sides win in a scenario like this.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:33 PM

8,062 posts, read 15,871,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Mexico will gain entrepreneurs with the experience and capital to start new businesses in Mexico creating jobs and generating wealth. The economic niche that their departure leaves in the US will quickly be filled by Americans, it is not like we have a shortage of people looking for work. Both sides win in a scenario like this.
Exactly right! They SHOULD return to improve their homeland. Maybe they can actually create good jobs and a solid middle class, in time, and help the poor in Mexico. Mexico AND the U.S. would benefit greatly if this happened.

The "jobs and taxes" they're leaving behind will be replaced. Not to worry! In fact, they probably got so many tax breaks and minority small business loans that the government likely owed them refunds every year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or