U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 06:49 PM

32,911 posts, read 30,173,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
It is ok, I understand your problem and frustration, the idea is to join the debate if you are interested only, regards
I'll for sure be an interested by-stander. Have a good evening
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 05:33 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,910,869 times
Default Hasta la vista, baby

LONDON (Reuters) A Mexican national who told airport immigration he was visiting Britain to see a friend was swiftly deported after a search unearthed a good-luck card in his luggage wishing him well for his "new life in the UK."

UK Border Agency officers at Manchester Airport routinely stopped the 40-year-old chef after he arrived on a flight from Los Angeles last Friday.
The man told them he was on a short trip to see a friend who was opening a restaurant in the area.
"However, a search of the passenger's baggage revealed a huge collection of Mexican food recipes and a good-luck card from his church wishing him well for his 'new life in the UK,'" the agency said in a statement.
The man later admitted he had intended to work at the restaurant illegally and had planned to bring his family over from America if he liked it.
He was deported the next day.
"We will not tolerate people coming here to work illegally," the agency said. "People wanting to visit the UK must play by the rules. Those who do not are sent back."

Hasta la vista, baby (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090304/od_nm/us_mexican_odd - broken link)

Too funny. Good for the UK.

Old 03-05-2009, 05:36 PM

Ya but which Country got stuck with this donkey?

Old 03-05-2009, 05:37 PM

1,844 posts, read 3,318,427 times
I have a dream ...

"We will not tolerate people coming here to work illegally," the agency said. "People wanting to visit the USA must play by the rules. Those who do not are sent back."

Old 03-05-2009, 07:20 PM

I had a game show idea for this where the losing Country gets stuck with the deported Illegal but
Biggest Loser

was already taken
Bada boom

Old 03-05-2009, 07:23 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,910,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I had a game show idea for this where the losing Country gets stuck with the deported Illegal but
Biggest Loser

was already taken
Bada boom
You need to quit, you are truly on a roll tonight

Old 03-05-2009, 07:47 PM

My second one was............

hide and go sneak

Old 03-07-2009, 03:48 PM

2,257 posts, read 1,728,615 times
See, the Mexican guy should have just pretended to be from Eastern Europe or India/Pakistan, then he'd have been granted status as an "asylum seeker".

The British are just as lenient with immigrants as the US, if not more so....it's just that a Mexican would never be granted asylum in that country (and it'd probably be the last place most Mexicans would consider heading for, for social and geographical reasons!).

Old 03-07-2009, 04:32 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,678,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreass View Post
See, the Mexican guy should have just pretended to be from Eastern Europe or India/Pakistan, then he'd have been granted status as an "asylum seeker".

The British are just as lenient with immigrants as the US, if not more so....it's just that a Mexican would never be granted asylum in that country (and it'd probably be the last place most Mexicans would consider heading for, for social and geographical reasons!).
Being that most Mexicans are Mestizo: the guy would had to have passed himself off as a Gypsy/Roma-------------they are usually in part of E Indian lineage.

Old 03-07-2009, 08:42 PM

1,720 posts, read 3,937,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If it isn't drilling us in our pockets most aren't interested. Count me as one of those. If I had some spare cash to send to the Red Cross or what not then I probably would care. Right now I'm pretty much consumed with the millions of American citizens trying to put food into their pantries (if they have one).

Sorry to sound harsh but 3rd World Countries whose populations breed like rabbits on X don't spark my interest right now.
well if you feel that much grief, why dont you set up a charity, or donate to them instead of fighting battles that will net you Zer0 Results.

IMHO people who are out of their houses now is because they bit off more than they could chew. They did not read the fineprint on their loans (ie double interest loans) They bought what they couldnt afford (on Credit) and now well they blame other people who abuse the social sytem. I have always said and will continue to say, In order to stop this mess, get rid off all the Social Services! we got enough lazy people on section 8, and wellfare that have been abusing the system for Eons! and they are the reason we (as a country) are strugling.

F**K universal healthcare if people knew (or paid attetion in health class) they could of avoided being sick in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration