Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 07:26 PM

608 posts, read 923,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Story on ch 7 San Diego was about a PEW study on how much Illegal Immigrants from Mexico are hurting Legal Immigrants from Mexico. They used to send money home 5 times a month now only 1 time forcing many to return home.

Talk about a twist - I think we can count the Legal Immigrants from Mexico in our Anti-Illegal ranks now.
If you lived in Texas, you'd know this already. The legals tend to defend the illegals in most cases, and will even put themselves at risk to hide, or protect illegals. I'm not sure why this is, but I suspect that the legals prefer their illegal bretheren over the citizens of their new home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 07:31 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
In light of the fact that many legal hispanics participated in those criminal marches, that would be a welcome change.

Somebody needs to tell LaRaza though.
Apparently: the illegal aliens are starting to hurt the $$$ of the legal immigrants hence the latter starting to see the former for the criminals that they are.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:38 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
ROFL! Exactly!!! Well, hey, at least it's mostly retired people moving in on them. They can't get pregnant over and over and over...

ROFL indeed.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Apparently: the illegal aliens are starting to hurt the $$$ of the legal immigrants hence the latter starting to see the former for the criminals that they are.
It's unfortunate that it took dollars signs for them to take a stab at exhibiting any form of loyalty to America.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:49 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
It's unfortunate that it took dollars signs for them to take a stab at exhibiting any form of loyalty to America.
Or many of the American Latinos were fence sitters and are now realizing the grave danger they are in. Too: the antics of the illegal alien Mexicans (kidnappings, etc.) may have pissed off too many of the former.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:50 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,438 times
Quote:
Alfredo Corchado Not everyone is rolling out the welcome mat to Americans. Many Mexicans complain about the rapid growth of the American population in their neighborhoods, the threat they see to Mexican culture and language, and the possible drain on Mexico's inexpensive health care.

In San Miguel de Allende, the group Basta Ya is protesting the erosion of the language and the rising cost of living generated by the infusion of dollars into the local economy.

"They think Mexico, especially San Miguel de Allende, is an extension of their country," group member Arturo Morales Tirado said of the Americans who call San Miguel home. "It's not and won't be, no way."

Some Mexicans fear threat to way of life with rapid growth of American residents | WFAA.com | World: Mexico (http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/world/mexico/stories/DN-sellingsouthside_01int.ART.State.Edition1.4acdc63. html - broken link)

Tough luck whiners, deal with it. Or maybe you should tell your government to take back the millions of whiny, arrogant, delusional illegal alien tax drainers and breeders that have invaded America.

Welcome to America. I'm sure it's far more civilized than what you're used to . . . .
Good and now maybe they will understand what we have been saying for decades now.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:03 PM

608 posts, read 923,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Good and now maybe they will understand what we have been saying for decades now.
They'll never get it. At least our residents in Mexico produce moey for the Mexicans. What do we get from the illegals though? Until our "friends" south of the border are overrun by one fifth of OUR population (particularly the homeless, unskilled, eneducated) they'll never truely have a feel for what the US has had to face for the last twenty years.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Agreed. But that doesn't mean they would ever acknowledge or admit to how annoying millions of illegal alien mexicans invading, bankrupty and destroying America is for us.

Unlike the millions of poverty stricken, abundantly breeding mexican illegal aliens that have invaded America, I'm sure the majority of Americans who are there are LEGAL. They are also feeding, clothing, housing and taking care of themselves.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:50 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,436,860 times
I personally don't have any problem with Americans living in Mexico, even though I've met both those who are here legally and illegally, and most people I know think the same way, but as always in any nation when someone that speaks a different language and has a different culture starts to arrive in significant amounts, some people won't like it.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:35 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,010,195 times
Fella, The problem there is that Mexican entrepreneurs are building and marketing their retirement communities and assisted living facilities to retired Americans. I saw a TV program about it -- I think it was on the news show "60 Minutes" but I'm not positive. Anyhoo, they interviewed the Mexican developers involved and some of their happy American customers.

So, it's not as if people are bopping down there demanding to be accommodated.The entrepreneurs in Mexico are appealing to and marketing the idea to THEM. I don't know how building and zoning works in Mexico but if the locals are unhappy then they need to take it up with their local authorities and developers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration