U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 11:20 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Alfredo Corchado Not everyone is rolling out the welcome mat to Americans. Many Mexicans complain about the rapid growth of the American population in their neighborhoods, the threat they see to Mexican culture and language, and the possible drain on Mexico's inexpensive health care.

In San Miguel de Allende, the group Basta Ya is protesting the erosion of the language and the rising cost of living generated by the infusion of dollars into the local economy.

"They think Mexico, especially San Miguel de Allende, is an extension of their country," group member Arturo Morales Tirado said of the Americans who call San Miguel home. "It's not and won't be, no way."

Some Mexicans fear threat to way of life with rapid growth of American residents | WFAA.com | World: Mexico (http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/world/mexico/stories/DN-sellingsouthside_01int.ART.State.Edition1.4acdc63. html - broken link)

Tough luck whiners, deal with it. Or maybe you should tell your government to take back the millions of whiny, arrogant, delusional illegal alien tax drainers and breeders that have invaded America.

Welcome to America. I'm sure it's far more civilized than what you're used to . . . .
Well -- I understand that feeling those Mexicans have.

The other thing, there's a difference between the proud Mexicans who live in their country and the ones who act like living in Mexico is like hell but pretend to love their country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 11:23 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Fella, The problem there is that Mexican entrepreneurs are building and marketing their retirement communities and assisted living facilities to retired Americans. I saw a TV program about it -- I think it was on the news show "60 Minutes" but I'm not positive. Anyhoo, they interviewed the Mexican developers involved and some of their happy American customers.

So, it's not as if people are bopping down there demanding to be accommodated.The entrepreneurs in Mexico are appealing to and marketing the idea to THEM. I don't know how building and zoning works in Mexico but if the locals are unhappy then they need to take it up with their local authorities and developers.

They sound just like the types who benefit from illegals coming here. Many want their ultra cheap labor and they don't care one iota what it does to the country.

It's all about greed -- both those in Mexico who would sell out their own country and those in the USA who would sell out the USA. They're all a bunch of Judas's, betrayers.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:47 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,076,921 times
Actually their concerns are not at all related to issues of being American. It is the same issue that plagues Santa Barbara and many coastal cities in California. Are beaches public or private? So really the parallels are not at all the same. They are complaining, much in the same vain as people in Carpinteria, CA have complained, about beach access. It seams that this is crux of the article. Also, transplants from boom areas have pushed real estate values up in Mexico and other areas of America (for example Californian transplants moving to Colorado have increased the prices for homes in Denver in past years).

It really has nothing to do with being an American or not, rather, it has to do with beaches and affordability. At least in this article.

Old 03-06-2009, 03:00 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,068,069 times
this is old news. yall are late with this.

the real issue of course is that these "gringos", as you guys call them, are driving up the real estate prices and the cost of living. its making those poor people even more poor. and then you guys wonder why they come this way in search of opportunities.

its a more complex issue. but if all you guys offer are "he shoots he scores"...

Old 03-06-2009, 04:07 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
this is old news. yall are late with this.

the real issue of course is that these "gringos", as you guys call them, are driving up the real estate prices and the cost of living. its making those poor people even more poor. and then you guys wonder why they come this way in search of opportunities.

its a more complex issue. but if all you guys offer are "he shoots he scores"...
Well: it is the responsibility of the Mexican government to control what occurs with their nation.

Old 03-06-2009, 05:35 PM

3,162 posts, read 10,295,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Well: it is the responsibility of the Mexican government to control what occurs with their nation.
I agree, maybe it is because we don't have a huge amount of people living illegally, there are a lot though, but I doubt they are more than one million, maybe less than 500,000, but the Mexican government usually makes immigration and investment easy for foreigners who want to settle in Mexico or start business, there are talks right now in congress to reform laws so that American and Canadian citizens are able to buy property near coastal areas, if someone is interested I'll translate the article.

Regards

Last edited by Travelling fella; 03-06-2009 at 06:01 PM..

Old 03-06-2009, 05:37 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
How can Americans be driving up real estate for the average Mexican if they cannot buy near the border or beach or use it for a residential area? I could be wrong but that's how I'm reading it. a trust can be revoked at any time so that is a very bad option and I would think few would bite on that.
=========
Published Oct 2006

The summary below has been prepared by Jonathan A. Pikoff, Esq. founder of Pikoff & Associates, a Mexico based law firm. Mr. Pikoff is one of few attorneys with law degrees in both the U.S.A. and Mexico. His practice focuses on real estate development and advising U.S. public and private companies doing business in Mexico. He is fluent in Spanish, and lives in Los Cabos, Mexico, where he has an active law practice. The firm also has offices in Mexico City and Houston, Texas.

[CENTER]What Can An American Buy in Mexico?

Moderator cut: shortened, copyright protection. Please provide a link to the original article

Last edited by Yac; 03-10-2009 at 04:53 AM..

Old 03-06-2009, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
How can Americans be driving up real estate for the average Mexican if they cannot buy near the border or beach or use it for a residential area? I could be wrong but that's how I'm reading it.
There are legal loops that skilled attorneys use to get away with foreigners adquiring property near coastal areas, they use something called fideicomiso, where a bank "buys" the property and "leases" it to you, theoretically speaking the property owner is the bank, but the one who uses it, lives on it, etc is you, because of this congress is debating to reform laws so foreigners are able to own land near coastal areas, I'm gonna translate it and put it in the Mexico forum ok?

Regards

Old 03-06-2009, 05:41 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
There are legal loops that skilled attorneys use to get away with foreigners adquiring property near coastal areas, they use something called fideicomiso, where a bank "buys" the property and "leases" it to you, theoretically speaking the property owner is the bank, but the one who uses it, lives on it, etc is you, because of this congress is debating to reform laws so foreigners are able to own land near coastal areas, I'm gonna translate it and put it in the Mexico forum ok?

Regards
Cool, thanks. I could use a beach house

Old 03-06-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Cool, thanks. I could use a beach house
You are welcome here you go

Foreigners would be able to buy property in coastal regions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or