U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 07:42 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times

Advertisements

Univision, Posted: Mar 04, 2009
MIAMI — In an editorial for Univision online, anchor Jorge Ramos Avalos, calls on Barack Obama to stop the immigration raids. The editorial says that while Obama has other priorities, “a simple signature can stop all immigration raids against people who are not criminals, terrorists or a threat to the United States.” Avalos also emphasizes the situation families face when they are separated. “There is nothing more brutal than when a family is separated. The new government of Barack Obama cannot engage in using taxpayers' money to separate families of workers who are helping the U.S.” Avalos calls on Obama not to do more damage because, “That is what we expect when millions of Hispanics voted for Obama and now is the time to meet it.”
Univision to Obama: 'No More Raids!' - NAM

These racists really need to get over thinking there is anything special about their masses of illegal alien criminals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 07:46 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Memo to Univision: shut up!

Speaking for just myself: I am flat offended by that insolent 'you owe mentality' by so many of your customer base.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:51 PM

608 posts, read 791,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Memo to Univision: shut up!

Speaking for just myself: I am flat offended by that insolent 'you owe mentality' by so many of your customer base.
What a suprise, Mexicans standing up for Mexicans! Maybe instead of trying to change OUR government, these Mexicans should try to fix their own.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:59 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,898,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishing View Post
What a suprise, Mexicans standing up for Mexicans! Maybe instead of trying to change OUR government, these Mexicans should try to fix their own.
Univision is an American network

Old 03-04-2009, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Once again you nailed it. These insolent, arrogant, racists really need to either: make run for the border, put their money where their mouths are and help their own people in mexico or simply shut up.

The fact that they are here illegally in massive numbers sucking this country dry is bad enough, but they really need to quit pretending we separate their famila. Nobody told them to come here illegally. Oh wait, I forgot nothing is ever their fault or responsibility.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Univision is an American network
Are you sure senior anchorman Jorge Avalos is working in the best interests of the American people? Obviously, you failed to recognize the man's name.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Are you sure senior anchorman Jorge Avalos is working in the best interests of the American people? Obviously, you failed to recognize the man's name.
Agreed. Additionally, it doesn't matter if Univision is an American network. If any of these "anchors" (double indemnity clause) the fact that they are demanding amnesty for their illegal alien raza simply makes them traitors.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Obviously I do fail to recognize his name, because I don't follow Univision or other Spanish networks for either entertainment or to nitpick Latinos.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:23 PM

Lo ciento pero no hable espanol? At least know the language of the people you're so foolish to defend. No te gustra la television espanol? Perhaps you're just Mod cut: Personal Attack unaware of the true impact illegals and their supporters have had on American society?...

Last edited by Travelling fella; 03-04-2009 at 09:16 PM..

Old 03-04-2009, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Lo ciento pero no hable espanol? At least know the language of the people you're so foolish to defend. No te gustra la television espanol? Perhaps you're just Mod cut: Personal Attack unaware of the true impact illegals and their supporters have had on American society?...
So just because I'm Latino, I have to watch Univision?
Oh, I forgot, "the people" don't assimilate, huh?

Maybe you're one of those poor souls who has to blame all his shortcomings on the "invaders".
I'm doing just fine in my American society without crying too much about the people here illegally that don't have as good quality a life as I, an American citizen, have.
I'm not as desperate to wear the 'victim hat' as others.

And I don't know what it means to gustra something, guy.

Last edited by Travelling fella; 03-04-2009 at 09:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or