Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 04:44 PM

197 posts, read 265,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Two quick notes here:

#1: our southern border is being closed/locked------------much to the distress of the illegal aliens, drug runners, etc.

#2: those jobs in Vermont that are allegedly being unfilled by Americans since they will not 'stoop' that low............I call BS on the writer/editor of that newspaper.

Ha, Ha, Ha,...... you decided to call BS on the writer of that article, obviously because you also feel an authority in Vermont's dairy industry, or is it that your dark mestizo friends SOB told you about it???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2009, 04:55 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori-vivi View Post
Ha, Ha, Ha,...... you decided to call BS on the writer of that article, obviously because you also feel an authority in Vermont's dairy industry, or is it that your dark mestizo friends SOB told you about it???
The reality it is is over for you illegal alien apologists: just accept it and move on.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:56 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plutocrat View Post
Hello everyone,

I must admit that I'm new to these forums and happened to be interested in the many viewpoints that some of you people have of illegal migration, whether they're in favor or opposed.

As for me, I'm on the fence when it comes to this issue.

I do happen to have a question for all of those who happen to be the most outspoken proponents of illegal migration (especially antialphabet, blacknight04, ocean2026):

Why do you support illegal migration? Do you support open borders? Do you believe that illegal immigrants should be able to use American government services? Should the US stop illegal migration?

Try to be as convincing as possible as well.

Thank you. I'm looking forward to all opinions.
Most of the illegal immigrant supporters will sugar-coat their pro-amnesty feelings by saying they don't support illegal immigration. True, but what they DO support is total acceptance of the illegal immigrants living here now, amnesty, and an easier path into the U.S. for future immigrants from Mexico and Central America.

So the question isn't why do they support illegal immigration, but rather, why do they want so many uneducated, impoverished, needy 3rd-world peasants to immigrate (legally) to the U.S.?

Old 03-08-2009, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
Most of the illegal immigrant supporters will sugar-coat their pro-amnesty feelings by saying they don't support illegal immigration. True, but what they DO support is total acceptance of the illegal immigrants living here now, amnesty, and an easier path for future immigrants from Mexico and Central America.

So now the question is, not why do they support illegal immigration, but rather, why do they want so may uneducated, impoverished, needy 3rd-world peasants to immigrate (legally) to the U.S.?
Probably because most of who you described perceive themselves as the above.

We are dealing with stereotypical PW Trash hillbillies here: substitute Spanish for English, Catholicism for Baptist as well as a higher percentage of indigenous blood.

Old 03-08-2009, 05:05 PM

197 posts, read 265,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
The reality it is is over for you illegal alien apologists: just accept it and move on.

Yawn, something new please....

Old 03-08-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori-vivi View Post
Yawn, something new please....
Your comments are entertaining-------------in the sense that the pro illegal side is losing.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:11 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,202,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post

I don't see the big 'mystery' here, I guess. When you neglect to 'take care of business', at some point it catches up with you. For years now, we've neglected our borders....now we're paying the price. Do you have another suggestion?...(Please..not 'amnesty', and not 'open borders'. I'm talking about a REASONABLE suggestion, not a way to simply exacerbate an already bad situation)..
I would rather there be millions of illegal immigrants running around here than to submit to a fascist idea like mandating that Hispanics carry papers around at all times or be arrested as some have called for. Nor am I going to suspect any and all Hispanics of being illegal immigrants as some have called for. It's because I have something called principles, and if you abandon principles for your strategic goals then what is left to like about the nation then anyway?

Seal the border and arrest illegal immigrants without resorting to extremist tactics and you may just be on to something.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:21 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
I would rather there be millions of illegal immigrants running around here than to submit to a fascist idea like mandating that Hispanics carry papers around at all times or be arrested as some have called for. Nor am I going to suspect any and all Hispanics of being illegal immigrants as some have called for. It's because I have something called principles, and if you abandon principles for your strategic goals then what is left to like about the nation then anyway?

Seal the border and arrest illegal immigrants without resorting to extremist tactics and you may just be on to something.
I'd like that, too. I'd also like to be able to get on an airplane without being treated like a criminal, and let the authorities concentrate on the "bad guys". So far, that doesn't seem to be working.

And who said anything about "all Hispanics" being required to carry ID, and 'prove' themselves? In our 'brave new world', very likely we'll ALL have to do that.....

Old 03-09-2009, 10:01 PM

775 posts, read 2,588,192 times
Default The Truth Is

Most of the posters in these groups are anti latino to begin with and the way the question is asked Illegal Immigration means anybody in the World but the People that we are Addressing are not the Muslims and Asians we are really talking about the Border to the South. >>>> We are worried about Terrorist i hear.. But we only have 900 agents guarding our 4000 mile border to the North where its easy for Muslim Terrorist to live in Canada and come across to some of the Biggest Cities in the U.S. >>>>>> Meanwhile to the Southern Border we have a Wall plus close to 20 000 agents guarding that 2000 mile southern border from people who want to get back to their Kids and Grandkids. We Were so Glad when Reagan pleaded to tear down the 'Berlin Wall but then we put up the Great Wall of Mexico to people who are no Threat to us and who want to live in the Land and its Wealth that we Stole from them. A True Christian knows that we Massacred their people in order to get the Land and its Wealth. We Stole over half of Mexico which was over half a million square miles for 10 million dollars in 1848 by raining Cannon fire on the Cities in Mexico and murdering families until Mexico signed the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo and then when we discovered Gold in 1849 we paid them with their own wealth from their land to make it look legal. KID TIP... None of the Treaties were kept with the Indians and the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo was no Different.>>>> Mexico and Spain still have a Say So on some of our Lands but since the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo was never Kept it doesnt make any Difference. el pintada kid

Old 03-09-2009, 10:29 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintada Kid View Post
Most of the posters in these groups are anti latino to begin with and the way the question is asked Illegal Immigration means anybody in the World but the People that we are Addressing are not the Muslims and Asians we are really talking about the Border to the South. >>>> We are worried about Terrorist i hear.. But we only have 900 agents guarding our 4000 mile border to the North where its easy for Muslim Terrorist to live in Canada and come across to some of the Biggest Cities in the U.S. >>>>>> Meanwhile to the Southern Border we have a Wall plus close to 20 000 agents guarding that 2000 mile southern border from people who want to get back to their Kids and Grandkids. We Were so Glad when Reagan pleaded to tear down the 'Berlin Wall but then we put up the Great Wall of Mexico to people who are no Threat to us and who want to live in the Land and its Wealth that we Stole from them. A True Christian knows that we Massacred their people in order to get the Land and its Wealth. We Stole over half of Mexico which was over half a million square miles for 10 million dollars in 1848 by raining Cannon fire on the Cities in Mexico and murdering families until Mexico signed the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo and then when we discovered Gold in 1849 we paid them with their own wealth from their land to make it look legal. KID TIP... None of the Treaties were kept with the Indians and the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo was no Different.>>>> Mexico and Spain still have a Say So on some of our Lands but since the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo was never Kept it doesnt make any Difference. el pintada kid
Can you name any lands that were NOT stolen from someone? If you could show us THAT, perhaps we could put "our" crimes into perspective...such as how "we" (each and every American citizen, personally) stole our land from "them" (each and every Mexican, each of whom PERSONALLY owned "our" land before we stole it).

So far, I can think of only ONE...Iceland. As far as I know, today's population of Icelandics are descended from people who arrived on that island when it was uninhabited....thus it was never 'stolen'.

Every other country on earth, to my knowledge...including Mexico...is inhabited by people whose ancestors "stole" it from somebody who was there already.

If you want to talk about "stolen land", by all means, do so. But let's keep it in perspective..OK?

And what has the subject of "stolen land" got to do with illegal immigration, anyway?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration