U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 09:26 PM

1,720 posts, read 3,931,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The BP that I know who are Hispanic can't STAND Illegal Mexicans and are at least 2nd gen offspring of foreigners. These are the guys you see at Charger games waving American flags, not parading downtown with Mexican flags demanding the US bend over while they shove it to us.

There are many corrupt BP agents here in TX and not only they are hispanic, they are also white, PR and cuban. Corruption doesnt have Ethnicity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2009, 09:34 PM

2,088 posts, read 2,186,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
There are many corrupt BP agents here in TX and not only they are hispanic, they are also white, PR and cuban. Corruption doesnt have Ethnicity

I am sure that are lots of corrupt BP agents. I was wondering how those hispanic BP agents who aren't corrupt feel about the new increased enforcement of our borders and immigration laws. If a police officer had to arrest someone they know and take them jail, they would feel pretty bad about it. I do not question the loyalty of the hispanic border agents to this country but deep down I think they must feel some uneasiness.

Old 03-07-2009, 09:40 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,617,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
I am sure that are lots of corrupt BP agents. I was wondering how those hispanic BP agents who aren't corrupt feel about the new increased enforcement of our borders and immigration laws. I do not question their loyalty to this country but deep down I think they must feel some uneasiness about it.
From first hand experience, I can tell you many American Hispanics feel caught in a 'squeeze', between the illegals who brazenly try to 'pressure' them for their support on ethnic grounds, and the racists on the other side, whose MAIN interest seems to be not so much in illegal immigration, but in saying hateful things about Hispanics....ANY Hispanics.

It's a difficult position to be in, but I know a LOT of people who fit that description, and have heard this story in DOZENS of variations. I'm sure the BP agents are in the same position.

Old 03-07-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
From first hand experience, I can tell you many American Hispanics feel caught in a 'squeeze', between the illegals who brazenly try to 'pressure' them for their support on ethnic grounds, and the racists on the other side, whose MAIN interest seems to be not so much in illegal immigration, but in saying hateful things about Hispanics....ANY Hispanics.

It's a difficult position to be in, but I know a LOT of people who fit that description, and have heard this story in DOZENS of variations. I'm sure the BP agents are in the same position.
Not only that, there's racism and then there's prejudice-ism

If you could only hear the conversatioins on the air waves (CB Channels)

but I find it quite amazing how many tons of drugs get smuggled without being detected makes you wonder... are they (US BP, or Boarder Agents [the ones on the US Entrance]) doing their job, or is the corruption only in mexico?

Old 03-07-2009, 10:13 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,617,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
Not only that, there's racism and then there's prejudice-ism

If you could only hear the conversatioins on the air waves (CB Channels)

but I find it quite amazing how many tons of drugs get smuggled without being detected makes you wonder... are they (US BP, or Boarder Agents [the ones on the US Entrance]) doing their job, or is the corruption only in mexico?
Corruption is everywhere. The only difference is in the AMOUNT of it within a society....and that is largely a function of whether it's looked at as 'shameful and shocking', or simply tolerated as 'part of life'. Traditionally, we in the US have been pretty hard on 'frying' corrupt officials and cops. But that's changing, and corruption is becoming more and more a 'given' in our society. And that's truly a pity, for once a system loses that 'ideal', corrruption quickly compromises the whole system, top to bottom. It destroys the trust that should be taken for granted, and invites harsh and draconian crackdowns. In a corrupt society, no one can trust the system, nor each other, and 'the government' becomes one's enemy.

Believe me, there's nothing 'colorful' about living in a corrupt society. Hope we're able to turn it around before too much longer.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:14 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Money has a strange way of driving behavior be it 12 million Illegal Aliens sneaking across or a couple of BP looking the other way with their hand out.

Wow, sounds just like an average day in ol Mex with corruption and bad guys.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Money has a strange way of driving behavior be it 12 million Illegal Aliens sneaking across or a couple of BP looking the other way with their hand out.

Wow, sounds just like an average day in ol Mex with corruption and bad guys.

How can they be sneaking if the BP Agent is looking the other way?

The real money comes from the drug lords. I wont be surprised if some BP Agents turn out to be 'tel members.

Old 03-08-2009, 01:13 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,207,047 times
Any Law Enforcement Officer, whether, BP or Police Offlcer who encouters a "conflict of Interest" while in the line of Duty, must (by Law) relinquish that specific duty and turn it over to another officer.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:16 AM

608 posts, read 881,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
I am sure that are lots of corrupt BP agents. I was wondering how those hispanic BP agents who aren't corrupt feel about the new increased enforcement of our borders and immigration laws. If a police officer had to arrest someone they know and take them jail, they would feel pretty bad about it. I do not question the loyalty of the hispanic border agents to this country but deep down I think they must feel some uneasiness.
It is their job. If they don't like it or have trouble doing this then they should change their profession.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:28 AM

608 posts, read 881,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
You failed to make your point....why does this post show that "racial profiling is dangerous"?....Dangerous in what way? They 'profiled' two people, ONE of whom was a 'hit'...that's a 50% 'score'...

Look, I don't like this ONE BIT. My wife is a perfect "stereotype" to be profiled...so are two of my kids, and at least one of my grandkids, my son-in-law, and numerous family members...that is, they "look" like they might be illegal immigrants.

When there are MILLIONS of people in the Southwest who 'look' illegal....and a large percentage of them are.....in fact, in the case of Mexico, our VERY close neighbor, about TEN PERCENT of that country is now HERE..
So how do you propose we "look" for illegals? Pull over elderly Asians, or elderly white 'snowbirds', or blacks? Maybe THOSE demographics DO contain a few illegals....but not many. When you're "looking for illegals", you look at the where they're likely to be found.

Once again, I don't like it one bit....but I don't like mandatory sobriety checkpoints, either (I'm not a drunk driver). I don't like the indignities of boarding an airliner, either (I'm not a suicidal terrorist)...and I don't like having to show ID to use a credit card, either (I don't commit fraud)...yet I must endure these things.

Unfortunately, there are an AWFUL lot of illegals in the Southwest, and they're HEAVILY represented among a certain demographic....a demographic shared by many of my loved ones...But if you're looking for illegals, where do you look? It's the price we have to pay for not 'taking care of this' 20 years ago. It makes me mad, but I don't see what else we can do...oh, that's right, I forgot...AMNESTY !....now WHY didn't somebody think of that YEARS ago?... THAT will solve the problem !!
To be honest I would rather see the local police stepping up and concentrating on crime, drunk driving, traffic violations, etc. Racial profiling by BP as someone posted earlier at best is 50% hit or miss. Those are not good effective odds especially in areas with a large legal base Latino/Hispanic population. Inland versus border is at issue here. BP are spread thin as it is, how effective can they be by spreading them selves thinner along a wider area?

If said police would concentrate on those issues in full force then many communities would not be the cesspool that Ms. Whatever-her-name's-mom is constantly complaining and whining about. People who come here (legal or not) would think twice about committing such acts and endangering the general public. Increase border enforcement of all borders and ICE needs to step up its efforts (in spite of the costs) to go after companies who violate employment laws.

Last edited by HoustonCynic; 03-08-2009 at 09:50 AM.. Reason: reworded
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or